Coldness everywhere

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You glared at the person in front of you. Anger, hatred, and betrayal rushed through your body as she stared at you with the most apologetic expression ever. Not one word left your lips because you were afraid you’d only start cussing and yelling if you did speak.

Sora slowly made her way to you. She tried offering you a kind smile which seemed to have no effect whatsoever. Of course she couldn’t blame you for being angry with her right now. It’s been weeks since she last came into your dreams and she knew you have been dying to confide in her for a while. Truthfully, she had purposely stayed away because you needed to be on your own. You needed to find out everything with your own will power.

“You can’t possibly be mad at me are you?” Sora floated elegantly towards you and grabbed hold of your hand.

You bit your tongue and fought the urge to explode in her face. How long has been since she said “see you next time.”? You swear to god she had been keeping away for a good reason, but why now has she appeared all of a sudden?

“I really don’t know who you are.” You replied with no emotions. “I must be in the wrong dream.”

You took back your hand and stepped far away from her.

“Ok ok…” She sighed. “I’m very very sooo very sorry!”

“Why are you sorry? I have no idea….”

“Ah Ri!” She snickered and forcibly guided you down the cloudy pathway.

“Who’s Ah Ri?”

Sora turned to look at you and saw you staring back with a pretend dumb expression.

“Oh I’m sorry….” She smiled. “I meant Minah.”

Your eyes widened and you couldn’t help, but groan. “You knew…”

Sora laughed and patted your back. “You’re getting closer to your answers. Finding out your name was a big step. You’re doing a great job…” She encouraged you.

“Yeah…” You murmured glumly. Sure, you were getting closer to your answers; the only thing was that you weren’t as happy as you thought you would be.

“What’s wrong?” Sora placed a hand on your arm. You looked at her and shrugged.

“I don’t think I’m ready to know the truth yet.”

Sora nodded slowly, thinking of something to cheer you up. “You know, I thought you would give up on this ‘mission’ the first few days, but you are coping quite well.”

“What choice do I have?” You grumbled.

“All I’m saying is that, you’re stronger than you think you are. I know you’re afraid when you see memories of your past. I can feel your fretfulness.”

You fidgeted and decided to bring up Luhan. “There’s this boy at school…” You gulped as Sora listened intensively. “and I’ve been seeing him a lot in my memories; even in my dreams he’s there. Every time I’m near him…I feel….I feel—”

Your brows furrowed upwards in a heart wrenching way and you brought your hand up to your chest. Sora clearly understood you without you having to explain to her. She knew all too well how you were feeling and what you were going through. All she could do was watch you from afar and see if you would be able to handle all this hardship on your own.

“Maybe you should stop avoiding him. He’s probably important to you too.” Sora suggested. “Trust your instincts and don’t be afraid to face your fears.”

“He can’t possibly know who I am right?” You grew worried. “I’d be in trouble if anyone other than Kai knows my identity.”

“True…” She nodded. “but…there are exceptions.”

“Luhan…he’s—” You paused to ponder on your thoughts. “—he’s a mystery that I want to get closer to, but something keeps telling me no. When he’s around, I just want to run away.”

“Then stop running away.” Sora said simply. “Who knows, he probably just wants to be your friend.”

You rubbed your neck and shrugged. It was easier said than done.

“I mean, come on, you’re KIM AH RI. Kai’s big and MIGHTY pig. Oh! By the way, ‘piggy’ looks good on you.” She pointed to your hair tie.

Your mouth hung slightly at the way Sora repeated the same thing Kai had said to you earlier. “You both disgust me…”

Sora laughed and you found her so childish for an ‘ahjumma’.

“I don’t want to say this, but….you should act your age Sora. Sometimes I don’t know if you’re my guardian or my sister.”

“Yah Yah…I’m old enough to be your mother…” She snickered. “Would you rather me be strict and serious from now on?”

“No.”

“That’s what I thought.” Sora smirked and floated back and forth. “Anyways, you still have a mission to complete and stop being afraid to learn new things on earth or encounter your past.”

“It’s not only the memories that scare the living hell out of me, humans are freaks. Speaking of which, you FAILED to save me from that human jerk at school.”

“Because Kai was coming for you.” Sora said as a matter of fact. You opened your mouth to retort, but stopped.

“He wouldn’t let you get hurt.” She continued. “He may act cold and arrogant, but deep inside he cares about you. There’s so much more you haven’t learned about him yet so, please be patient with him.”

You gazed at Sora’s soft expression when she spoke of Kai. It made you curious. “You know something that I don’t right?”

“What? No...not at all.” She laughed and waved her hand in the air. “Just keep doing what you’re doing. Protect him and stop him from doing foolish things. I’ve gotta say, you’re not bad at keeping him in check at all.”

You scoffed. “My threats are getting less and less effective on that brat.”

“Well, you both are warming up to each other, I could tell.”

You shivered in a dramatic way. “The relationship between us goes as far as master and peasant.”

Sora gave you a smudge look.

“And I’m the master.” You grinned triumphantly and she couldn’t help but laugh at the way your face lit up.

“I’m glad you both are getting along, but just remember one thing—”

You saw the change in Sora’s face as her voice grew serious. “—don’t let yourself fall because it’s going to be hard for you to get back up. I told you before to expect the unexpected, so don’t ever waver ok? Things will only get more difficult from here on.”

“Sora, what are you talking about?” You looked at her confused. “Fall? Why would I fall?”

“You’ll see.” She smiled; only this time you saw sadness. “Don’t forget about Kai’s relationship with his father.” She quickly changed the topic

“I haven’t seen him since I went there!” You exclaimed. “Are you sure…he’s even alive?”

She chuckled and nodded. “He’s really busy, but you’ll meet him soon so be prepared fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter