Chapter 8 -- Fat Boy

Do Happy Ever After Exist ?

 

 

 

 

A man looked curiously at his younger brother who's on the balcony, a glass of wine on his right hand and a book on his left hand and seems lost on his own thoughts.
 
The man decided to approach his brother. His younger brother just slightly glanced at him.
 
" Dongwook-hyung " Seunghyun said acknowledging his brother's presence.
 
" Hey, how's my brother ? The successor of Choi's Group Inc. if i must say " Dongwook to lighten up the troubled face of his brother.
 
" Good. But i know you'll do much better than me if you are the successor of Dad " Seunghyun back.
 
" Nah, you know i dont give business a damn that's why i end up being a doctor " Dongwook shrugged.
 
" Yeah i remember Dad went ballistic when you stubbornly declined to study business " Seunghyun lightly chuckeled as he looked away again.
 
Silence followed them. Dongwook decided to study first his brother's behavior then he noticed the book that Seunghyun's been holding.
 
" Hey you still have that ? " Dongwook asked. Seunghyun looked at him and give him a small nod in response. 
 
Silence again. No one is talking. Dongwook decided to just wait for his brother to open up instead of questioning him.
 
 
 
 
" I finally see her again hyung " Seunghyun finally said breaking the silence. Dongwook just nod at him urging him to continue.
 
" She's still beautiful  " Seunghyun added then he looked up the sky which is filled with stars. He smiled when he remember the breathe taking sight of Dara at last night's party.
 
" That's good to hear " Dongwook commented. " So ? Did you talk to her ? " Dongwook asked.
 
" Neh, i even got the chance to hold her in my arms like the first time " Seunghyun said as he closed his eyes and started to recall how she met her princess.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
FLASHBACK
 
 
 
 
 
 
13 Years Ago
 
 
 
 
 
Seunghyun was confined at the hospital for almost a month now. For a chubby kid like him he looks good but the truth is he's far from healthy. He was diagnosed with a con heart disease, his heart has a small hole. 
 
The doctor adviced them to transfer Seunghyun to a weel-known hospital in abroad for his operation. But Seunghyun himself as a stubborn 13 years old kid dont want to take any operation. He believes that it will just shorten his life, that he will not survive the operation. He will die anyway so no need for his parents to spend money and let him take the operation.
 
" Seunghyun-ah, dear please take the operation. Come with us in America. I sure you dear you'll survive " Seunghyun's mother pleaded to him again as he held his hand while sitting on the chair beside his bed.
 
Seunghyun just turned his back at his mother and closed his eyes annoyed at his mother plead again. It was always like this whenever his mother urge him to take the operation,he will just turned his back at her.
 
Her mother sighed and stand up. " Arasso, ill just go out and talk to your doctor for the result of your xray " then she bent down and kissed Seunghyun's hair.
 
Seunghyun heard the door closed. With that he opened his eyes and turned around again looking at the close door.
 
" Im sorry Omma " Seunghyun whispered.
 
 
 
 
 
 
____________________________
 
 
 
 
 
 
Seunghyun decided to walk outside his room and wandered alone in the hospital while his mother is not around.
 
He was stopped on his track when he heard someones giggling. He look at his left and there's a door slightly open. He went closer and peek at the door.
 
She saw a girl giggling while reading a book. He stepped in the room silently.
 
 

" At that kiss, the prlncess qulckly opened her eyes, and wakening from her long long sleep, seeing the Prince beside her, murmured:

"Oh, you have come at last! I was waiting for you in my dream. I've waited so long!"

Just then, the spell was broken. The Princess rose to her feet, holding out her hand to the Prince. And the whole castle woke up too and they lived happily ever after." 

 

The apple hair girl said finished reading her story.

 

" Tch ~ " he snickered. Lame, she still believe on that kind of crap. Happily ever after ? It doesn't exist especially to him. This world is full of cruelty. He thought.
 
" Excuse me ? " The apple hair girl said bringing him away from his thoughts.
 
" Are you a patient here ? " the apple hair girl asked as she smiled at him.
 
He gasped seeing her smile but then he rolled his eyes thinking how stupid the question of this girl. Obviously his wearing a hospital gown, what's with the question.
 
The apple hair girl pouted when she didn't get any response from him.
 
" Are you deaf or mute ? " the apple hair girl asked still wearing her pout.
 
" Whatever im going " Seunghyun said and turned around.
 
" Your rude fat boy, do you know that " the apple hair girl suddenly said. With that he turned around and glared at her.
 
" What did you say ? " he hissed. " I said your rude " the apple hair girl repeated.
 
" You dont know me " Seunghyun said. " Okay, so what's your name ? " the apple hair beamed at her.
 
" You dont need to know " He said and turned around again. " Im Sandara Park but you can call me Dara " he heard the apple hair girl said.
 
" Come on, im bored and i know you are too so lets play " Dara added.
 
With that he looked back at Dara " Why are you here ? You dont seems to look like a patient " Seunghyun asked her.
 
" Ahh my Aunt is a doctor here and this is her office. Im here because i have nothing to do at our house since im on the break from school " Dara explained.
 
" So lets play Fat boy " Dara pleaded.  " Tch ~ how old are you to still play ? " Seunghyun snickered.
 
" Im just 12 years old, how about you ? " Dara asked.
 
' You dont need to know anything about me ill die anyways ' Seunghyun want to say it to her but just keep it on his self.
 
" Arasso if you dont want to tell me anything about you its okay, but please play with me " Dara persistently pleaded.
 
Seunghyun just sighed and give her a small nod in response.
 
With that Dara smiled and threw herself at him. Seunghyun was surprised at Dara's sudden hug but what really surprised him is the warmth that enveloped him because of Dara's hug, it gives him security. With that he hesitantly hugged her.
 
 
 
 
 
 
_________________________
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Days passed Dara and Seunghyun got even closer. Suprisingly Seunghyun enjoyed Dara's company especially her crazy antics. She makes him forget that he is on a life and death situation even just for a while.
 
Dara and Seunghyun are now on the hospital's rooftop. Sitting on the bench just enjoying the warm of the daylight
 
" Hey Princess what are you thinking ? Seunghyun asked as she tapped her nose, breaking the silence.
 
He started calling her princess since he learned that Dara loves reading fairytales. She believed in happily ever after, that her prince charming will come one day and save her from all the pain and mess she experienced. What a crap for him, books like that will just give you false hopes.
 
" Hmm nothing im just wondering when you will be discharged from this hospital " Dara replied.
 
With that Seunghyun stiffened he didn't tell Dara about his sickness even his name he keep it a secret, thats why Dara just called him Fat Boy.
 
" Why ? " he managed to ask. " Because this is my last day at this hospital, school's semestral break is over " Dara said. " So ? When you will be out at this hospital ? " Dara asked.
 
" Probably ill die here " Seunghyun sighed.
 
" What are you saying fat boy ? And i almost forgot why are you even confined ? " Dara asked.
 
Seunghyun sighed again and decided to tell now Dara the truth since he will not see her again starting tomorrow.
 
" My heart has a hole on it " Seunghyun shrugged like it was not a big deal .
 
Dara gasped on what he revealed. He has a serious sickness but why he is acting like its cool to him.
 
" Then you'll take an operation right ? " Dara inquired. Seunghyun shake his head in response.
 
" Ill die anyways what's the use of the operation " Seunghyun said.
 
" Your given a second chance fat boy dont waste it ! You'll survive, you'll live normal and happy again after that operation " Dara exclaimed.
 
" I told you Dara, i dont believe on happy endings. God give me this kind of sickness because i need to die now, so ill just wait for ~ " ' Pak !' Seunghyun was not able to finsih what he will say because Dara slap his face which took him by surprise.
 
" Dont say that ! do you know how many people who's fighting for their lives like you, they want to live but some are unfortunate because they dont have money like you, do you know my parents, they died in just a blink of an eye ! They died in a car accident, it was unexpected they were not even given a chance to revive by the doctors because before we made it to the hospital their heart was not beating any sign of life anymore " Dara burst out then she take a deep breathe.
 
" Dar ~ " Seunghyun said but Dara cut him off again.
 
" Let me finish, do you know how is hard for me when they left me huh ? Now what do you think your family will feel when your gone already ? They want you to fight this ! Youre not alone ! Your family is there fighting with you but here you are saying you dont care cause you will die anyways ? You want to die ? Then go die ! Waste your second chance ! " Dara exclaimed as her tears finally escaped her eyes with that she wipe it away and she run away.
 
Seunghyun just left there dumbfounded at Dara's outburst. He wanted to follow her but his feet wont move. Her words really struck the storm his feeling inside.
 
 
 
 
 
 
___________________
 
 
 
 
 
 
Seunghyun is now walking back to his room after an hour of staying at the rooftop. He stayed there for long to pondered on what Dara said to him He didn't know that Dara, that happy go lucky girl is experiencing a great pain. He thinks thoroughly about the second chance she is saying and with that he come up with a decision.
 
Seunghyun arrived at his room he open the door and he saw her mom arranging some flowers on the vase.
 
" Oh dear, where have you been ? Where is your friend ? " her mother asked him.
 
" Omma " Seunghyun said looking at her mom. With that her mother put the flowers down and walk to him.
 
" What's the problem Seunghyun-ah ? " her mother asked worriedly.
 
" Lets go to America. I want to take the operation. Lets fight together " Seunghyun said as he show a genuine smile at her mom.
 
Her mom was put her hands on , cannot believe what Seunghyun said. She hugged her son tightly. " Of course we will fight this together, Oh God thank you Seunghyun you dont know how much you made me happy " Her mother sobs.
 
" Dont worry will leave tonight. I will book a flight tonight huh ? " her mother said as she pulled out from the hug and cupped both of his son cheeks.
 
Seunghyun wiped her mother's tears and give a small nod as a response.
 
 
 
 
 
 
_________________________
 
 
 
 
 
 
Seunghyun now is dressed up, he is now discharged from the hospital and they will go directly to the airport for their flight.
 
He is now standing infront of a familiar door where he first met the girl who made him decide to continue to live.
 
He opened the door and peek through it. Then he saw her princess head bowed down on her Aunt's desk, sleeping.
 
With that he walk to her, he smiled down at her sleeping form. 
 
He noticed the book that she is holding on her right hand. Its the same book that she is reading the moment he met her. ' Sleeping Beauty '.
 
He cant help but chuckeled. How ironic she's really sleeping today, a sleeping beauty indeed because for him she's really beautiful not only outside but also inside.
 
He get the book on her hand then he open his bagpack and put the book inside, but he also took out a weird looking rag doll inside it.
 
He placed the weird looking rag doll on top of the desk. Then he took a note pad from the desk and a pen and he started scribbling something.
 
He wrote ~
 
 
 
His name is TamTam take care of him for me while im away.
 
Ill see you soon Princess and we will build our castle together :)
 
 
-- Fat Boy ♥
 
 
 
 
he stick the note on doll's belly.
 
 
Then he bent down and kissed Dara's hair. " Ill be back Princess, wait for me. I'll be back to be your prince " he whispered.
 
He turned his back and walked to the door but before he went out the room he took a last one glance at Dara.
 
" We will meet again then we will live happily ever after " He whispered and finally closed the door.
 
 
 
 
 
END OF FLASHBACK
 
 
 
 
 
_______________________-
 
 
 
 
 
 
Finally Seunghyun open his eyes and stars welcomed him.
 
Dongwook is just looking at him waiting for him to finish on whatever he is recalling.
 
Seunghyun looked at his brother with that Dongwook smiled at him. 
 
" You seem to be happy because you met her again, but whats bothering you ? " Dongwook asked.
 
" I worked hard to get to this position, i even went to rigid diet and work out to just look like this, i study hard to be perfect for her. She's my inspiration in all i do " Seunghyun said.
 
" Then ? Whats the problem ? You can be close to her now " Dongwook asked.
 
" Im too late hyung " Seunghyun sighed.
 
" What do you mean ? " Dongwook followed up.
 
" She has someone in her life now " Seunghyun said then he hand Dongwook a news paper. He read it for a while before he commented.
 
" Kwon Jiyong ? The new CEO of Kwon groups ? " Dongwook asked. Seunghyun nod in response.
 
" I seen them a while ago with a kid, i dont know if that's their daughter but they look happy, i dont know " Seunghyun frustatedly said then he straightly drink the wine on his glass.
 
" They have a daughter ? But the news here said their only dating ? I guess you should not assume anything first " Dongwook said.
 
" What i will do hyung ? I love her so much ~ i love her for almost 13 years now, i haven't done anything yet but then i already lost " Seunghyun said.
 
" You said it yourself you haven't done anything yet so why are you giving up ? Its not like they are married already " Dongwook said then he grabbed the book that Seunghyun's holding.
 
" Remember you promise her to be her prince " Dongwook added as he wagged the book in front of him.
 
With that Seunghyun smiled. " Youre right hyung, at least i should try so i will not regret anything. And its my princess, she's worth fighting for " Seunghyun said as he finally show a genuine smile.
 
" That's the spirit little bro ! Go get your princess and build your castle already " Dongwook happily cheered him as he patted his back.
 
" Okay lets go inside now, its freaking cold here " Dongwook said.
 
" You go first hyung ill stay here a little " Seunghyun said.
 
" Okay ill go now your Noona is probably waiting in our room now " Dongwook said.
 
" Yeah, i heard Hanbyul-Noona has been grumpy since this morning so you better prepare yourself for her rants " Seunghyun said chuckling.
 
" Ughh Pregnant woman is really hard to deal with. Anyways ill go now, you sure your okay here ?  " Dongwook said as he hand back the book to Seunghyun.
 
" Yeah ill be fine " Seunghyun said as grab the book from his brother's hand.
 
" Okay Goodnight Bro " Dongwook said as he waved off and walk out.
 
With that Seunghyun's attention turn back to the book he's been holding. ' Sleeping Beauty ' he looked up the sky again and closed his eyes.
 
" Im here now princess, please give me a chance " Seunghyun whispered on the night sky. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
****************************
 
 
 
 
 
WRITTER'S NOTE :
 
 
I finally updated this Fic again im sorry i have been caught up with my other fics ~
Please dont abandoned this one *puppy eyes*
 
 
Anyways what do you think on TOP ?
Anyone wants Dara to end up with him ? i can do that *whistle*
kekeke ^^
 
 
Anyways subscribe and give me your comments :)
 
 
Lots of Love readers ♥
 
 
 
 
♥ Happy Birthday to Dara and TOP ♥
 
November 4 and 12
November Couple kkke ^^