Tears

BAP gumdrops; drabble-shots

It's the early morning-

 

White light filters through the curtains, slightly bent to form an indistinct glow against the navy sheets. The room is lit- old band posters, yesterday's clothes strewn on the carpet are more evident. The steady growl of the morning traffic tells Daehyun that it was probably time to get up. But Daehyun wants to skip work and lay in bed forever. Especially if forever promises to feel like this-  Warm bodies; soft hair against his cheek; legs entwined in his. Daehyun strains against the demanding streak of light that has risen against the side of his face. Tears form in his eyes in his half-hearted attempt to adjust to the light. And Youngjae is in his arms, just as he had been when they whispered soft 'I love you's the night before. 

 

He can make out Youngjae's features through the film of tears. Daehyun likes seeing Youngjae like this- closed eyes, parched lips slightly parted. Daehyun wishes the bedside alarm would never go off, that Youngjae could skip school and stay in bed with him, away from the cold, away from the monotonous routine of life. But a part of him wants to see Youngjae get dressed- smile slightly coy as he slips off Daehyun's large jersey to put on his favourite cardigan. Wants to see Youngjae feel around desperately for his things (hear him chide himself for not organizing the night before). Watch as he lugs another bagful of notes and books from the library as they meet for dinner. Daehyun wants to see Youngjae in his bedroom again, under the soft yellow glow of the bedside lamp. Wants to see him completely exposed and vulnerable as he comes out of the shower- skin and flushed bones- slipping into Daehyun's clothes once again- that teasing smirk on his face as he discards his favourite cardigan against the chair. Daehyun wants to savour the moment in which he studies Youngjae's features in the limited light. Watch the shadows contour his face- observe how his jaw has become more defined over the years, how his cheekbones are more prominent now- (and remember how the softness of his face has remained from the time Daehyun had given him a quick peck on the cheek when they were young and kicking the ground to get the swing to go higher). 

 

But Daehyun likes seeing Youngjae through the blur of the morning light against his eyes- when his hands are too firm against Youngjae's waist to wipe the freshly formed tears from his eyes. In the morning Youngjae was his- fully his. None of the distractions of the day. Youngjae was fully here in his arms, no assignments to complete, no speeches to rehearse for. And Daehyun was fully here to hold him. He likes hearing the soft snores slipping past Youngjae's lips; unguarded, guileless. He likes to watch as Youngjae's eyes flutter open, frowning at the offensive numbers on the analogue clock, telling him that he had less than five minutes of sleep left. Youngjae would bury himself further in Daehyun's embrace- allow himself to believe that that would stop the alarms from going off. He eventually wakes up, comforted by the promise of seeing Daehyun in the evening. Daehyun would be waiting at the crossroads that joined Youngjae's past life (the one in which he was best friends with Daehyun, bright-eyed little boys ready to take on the world) with his present (where their futures were aligned- they made a promise to each other). 

 

Daehyun would smile any way, as Youngjae wipes the tears from his eyes and mutter the usual 'good morning' as he slides off the covers. He could see Youngjae fully now, consumed by the light fighting against the fabric of the curtains, smiling as he stretches like a house cat. They would both be bright-eyed- they belonged to the day for now. But Daehyun would smile any way, taking comfort in the promise that Youngjae would be his again when the daze of the evening glow blurs their physical distance. 

 

It's the early morning-

 

And Youngjae gives Daehyun a peck on his cheek as stumbles to the bathroom before rushing to gather his notes. 

 

 


This is written with the prompt 'Tears'

For @kim_jaeyeon ^^

I HOPE THIS WAS FINE! I apologize for any errors (did not re-read this although I should I'm sorry!)