The Calm Before the Storm

Insecurities

 

First, before the chapter starts, I want to say how I came to write this story. I was looking at posts tagged ‘Daragon’ on Tumblr, and oh baby, one post just PISSED ME OFF. The user was going off about how GD has changed over the years, how he’s always tangled in scandals and how he’s a womanizer and a jerk. She even says, “Dara deserves better” and “Imagine being scrutinized all the time (by being with him)”. I can’t even put in words how livid I was. Ugh. But I kind of want to thank the user for letting my tiny little brain create this story.

Also! I want to warn you guys that this story revolves around GD’s Heartbreaker album, with a few tweaks that I added in to help the story move along ;)

So without further ado……

 

Chapter 1 – The Calm Before the Storm

Dara opened her door, flinching as it creaked.

“Yah. Where are you going?” Bom questioned, blinking owlishly at the frozen girl. She was sitting in the kitchen, a spoonful of corn in her hands.

Dara sheepishly smiled and made her way over to her bandmate. “Isn’t it a bit too late for that?” she teased, pointing at the opened can of corn that was in front the red head.

Bom frowned and gave Dara a dark look. “Sandara Park, don’t you dare change the subject! Are you meeting with Jiyong?”

Dara adjusted her Chrome Hearts beanie and stuck her tongue out at Bom. “Maybe.”


“Aigoo, you two! Seriously, meeting at 3AM?” she sighed, shaking her head in exasperation.

“Well, with Ji starting his work on his solo album....” Dara started, but stopped when she saw Bom give her a knowing smile.

“Just make sure you make it to the meeting tomorrow, okay?” she said, getting up to give the petite girl a hug.

“Arasso, Bomma.” Dara replied, grateful that her best friend was so understanding. As if on cue, her phone vibrated.

Jagiya, where are you?

Dara’s heart began to flutter with excitement. After three cancelled dates, she finally gets to see her boyfriend!

-

Jiyong hummed to himself, going over the lyrics he scribbled on his notebook, welcoming the cool breeze the Han River provided. “Even if I close my eyes I can’t hear you breathing anymore....”

Suddenly, a pair of hands covered his eyes. He felt the person rest her chin on his shoulder, giggling as she hugged him from behind. Jiyong couldn’t help but smile. “I can’t deny, a night I quietly sleep, you appear in me. You’re so beautiful.” he continued, pulling her cold hands away from his face to his middle. He kept his eyes closed and leaned back against her. “Hey gorgeous, sweet, amazing baby. I know you want it baby.” He grinned as she felt her tense.

He turned to face her, his grin getting bigger once he saw her flushed face. “You and me hardcore right now. Til you say no more, Babygirl.” he whispered, his nose brushing against hers. He held his breath as she bit her lower lip. Not being able to stand it anymore, he slowly pressed his lips against hers.

Dara felt her lips still tingling as he pulled away. She looked at him with half-lidded eyes, and her heart skipped a beat. Her boyfriend looked so peaceful and content. She wanted to keep him that way forever. She pulled him in for another kiss, pouring her heart and soul into it.

Jiyong grabbed her around her waist and pulled her down so she could straddle him. He bit her lower lip, groaning as her arms tightened around his neck. He soothed her lip with his tongue, his senses going crazy with her taste. He pulled away, satisfied to see her face flushed and her eyes shining with lust.

 He smirked and pulled her beanie over her eyes, effectively ruining the mood. “C’mon baby, stop distracting me. I have some news to tell you.” He laughed, hearing her sputter in surprise and anger.

“You started it!” Dara pouted, climbing off his lap to sit in between his legs. She adjusted her hat and gave him a quick glare.

Jiyong laughed even harder. “You’re so cute.” He reached over to his backpack, pulling out a pink folder with her name on it. He watched as her face shifted from annoyance to curiosity. “For you.” He said, handing it over to her.

He watched as she opened the folder, reading over the contents. He felt her body freeze.

“What is this Ji?” She looked at him with wide eyes, slightly open in shock.

“Exactly what it is, Babygirl.” He smiled, amused by her antics.

“You want to feature ME in your album?” she shrieked, clutching the folder tightly against her hands.

“Of course. Sangjamnim doesn’t mind.”

“What? Seriously?!” she cried, “What if I don’t want to?”

Jiyong gave her a sly smile. “Too late. The track list for the album is going to be released tomorrow, and our song is in it.”

“Yah!!” Dara fumed, hitting him on the chest with folder. “How could you?”

Jiyong saw how her eyes betrayed how she really felt. Her eyes were shining in happiness, and was set in a wide smile.

Dara glanced at the lyrics again, and tried to suppress her squeal of happiness. “Well, since I have no choice...Fine I’ll do it.” She sighed, rolling her eyes playfully. Her smile widened as she felt him hug her body closer to his.

Jiyong rested his chin on the top of her head and savored the moment, knowing that they won’t have time together like this for a long time. They would be back to the countless days without contact, save for a brief ‘Good morning’ or ‘Good night’. Sometimes they would argue and ignore each other because of the stress, but they always seemed to drift back to each other and fix things.

Always.

 

-

I honestly believe that GD just becomes this goofy, love-struck little puppy when he’s with Dara, and I think Dara just melts with all the attention he gives her… I mean come on, who wouldn’t?! Plus, her aegyo melts him too. But anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Feedback would be great!