Chapter 3

The Girl on TV

20090318_snsd_605.jpg

 

Kyuhyun is surprised. In front of him is a slender girl with a yellow sweatshirt and cute gray skirt. But it is her eyes that he cannot help staring at. The shinning orbs stare back at him. Then they crinkle a bit a she smiles shyly. 

"Excuse me? Are you ok?" she asks. 

"Isn't this my dream girl? Er, no I mean the girl I was dreaming about this morning? Wait, both sound bad..." Kyuhyun thinks to himself. 

Mentally, he willed himself to say something, anything than just staring at her like an idiot.

"Ah, you're not wearing a uniform?" he asks, and then regrets his question. "What are you thinking, pabo - who asks that first."

"Oh! You are right. I don't go to this school, I was told we are performing here and my group and I are here for rehearsal."

"Ah... I see."

Seeing as how Kyuhyun was still not really responding, she offered, "Actually, I always feel like I'm wearing a uniform anyways since my unnies and I always wear matching clothes when we perform."

"Hm, and you don't mind losing your individuality?"

"Well, it is something you have to get to used to I guess. But I think we, my groupmates and I, are stronger together than we are alone."

"Yes, that's true. There are positives to both individualism and uniformity I suppose. Our country, for instance, supports both the ideals of capitalism and Confucianism although they may conflict often."  Kyuhyun mentally winced.  "Great, now I sound like a complete nerd," he says to himself.

But then she exclaims, "Yes! How funny you should mention that. I'm reading a book right now about Confucianism and how it can make you a better person."

So somehow, despite meeting only 2 minutes ago, Kyuhyun and his "dream girl" begin debating the merits of Confucianism for the next ten minutes. They become so engrossed that they end up sitting on a nearby bench together to continue the conversation.

10 minutes soon becomes 15 and then 20. Suddenly, they hear a voice call out, "Hyunnie! Where are you?"

Kyuhyun startles. Hyunnie? No one had called him that since he was 6. Well, other than Changmin... 

The "dream girl" surprises him again when she gasps and stands up.

"Unnie! I'm right here, sorry!"

Around the corner walks in a girl wearing a similar outfit, only in red and pink. "Hyun! I was really worried about you. Where did you go all this time?"

"Hyoyeon unnie, miane we lost track of time."

Kyuhyun stands up to introduce himself.   "Yes, sorry we were only talking here. My name is Cho Kyuhyun, it's nice to meet you." he says, bowing respectfully.

The girl named Hyoyeon looks at him suspiciously. After a while, she seems to have determined that he is not a threat. "I'm Kim Hyoyeon. It's nice to meet you too. So nothing happened to our maknae here? You promise?"

"Unnie! I was fine, really. Ah and I'm sorry, I completely forgot to introduce myself. I'm Seo Joohyun."

Kyuhyun stared at her as she bowed low. "What a pretty name and so like my own, " he thinks. 

"Ah don't worry about it, we both forgot."

"Wait a minute, you two were sitting here this whole time not knowing each other's names? Hahaha" Hyoyeon laughs increduously.

Seohyun blushes. "Yes, I guess so."

"Alright, well, I hate to ruin the party but we have to get going maknae, lunch is over" Hyoyeon says. 

"Ah yes! Kyuhyun-ssi it was nice meeting you." Seohyun bows again, before Hyoyeon grabs her hand and drags her off. 

"Yes, nice meeting you Kyuhyun-ssi. Thanks for taking care of her!" Hyoyeon says before they depart.

"Yes, it was nice meeting both of you..." Kyuhyun replies, and stares at Seohyun's back as she leaves. 

He grins when she turns around and waves. Happily, he waves back.

 

"Aha! There you are!"

All of a sudden, Kyuhyun is lying sprawled out with his stomach on the ground.

"Umph. Ugh Changmin, when did you get this heavy."

"Ha! Don't think I'm going to let you off easy you sneaky rascal. How could you ditch me like that!"

"Chang...min... can't breathe"

"Alright, I'll be mercifiul." Changmin rolls off Kyuhyun, only to punch him repeatedly on the arm.

"Ow, ow! I'm sorry! Was it really that bad?" Kyuhyun exclaims.

"YES! yes it was. Man, you completely threw me to the wolves!"

"Hey, it's not my fault you're so popular."

Changmin sighed. "Yeah, well at least I could use you as a good excuse to leave early. Cuz you know, I was SO worried about you."

Kyuhyun just smirks.

"But hey, who were you waving at just now?"

"Hm? Oh nobody. Er.... I was just stretching."  For some reason, Kyuhyun didn't want to tell anyone about meeting Joohyun. It just felt so ... special, and he didn't want to reveal it yet. Plus Changmin would just .... A LOT.

"Right, well class is about to start. We should get going."

"Aye aye captain"

"Well look whose in a good mood now? Ditching me really felt that great huh?"

"Hahaha you have no idea Minnie, no idea"

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: So let's vote: who else likes it when Changmin tackles Kyuhyun? Hehe yeah probably the best part of this chapter. Maybe I should just right a Kyumin story......