I fell for the girl that's on TV

The Girl on TV

Seohyun-IntoTheNewWorldMiNgang.jpg

 

 

Kyuhyun sighed.

2 hours and 43 mins and his shift at his mother's cafe would be over. Which meant only 2 hours and 43 mins until the weekend officially starts and he can just relax. Or essentially, play as much Starcraft as he can without developing a serious case of carpal tunnel.

He did a mental cheer and started singing: "Starcraft - my only love Ohhhhhh Starcraft you and I will reunite sooonnnnn".

He was so enamored with his own thoughts that he didn't notice the giggles and attention he was receiving from many of the female customers. 

 

"Ah kyeopta!", one girl remarked. "That oppa is too funny" 

"Oppa? Unnie he looks like he's only 16! He's probably never had a girlfriend even", another replied.

"Well then maybe I should be the one to teach him about it hm?", she grinned and then gasped, "Omo, he's even adding dance moves...hahaha." 


And true enough, Kyuhyun had begun doing a cute little shuffle with a broom. He was about to add some shoulder poppin' when he heard a distinct "AHEM" behind him.

Spinning around, Kyuhyun blushed and then covered it up quickly. "Eomma! What brings you here? Did you know that this spot on our floor was extremely dusty? I was just using this broom to clean it up!"

His eomma looked skeptical but also couldn't surpress her grin. "Ah yes, I have the hardest working son! Not only does he clean so well but entertains the customers as well!"

Kyuhyun could only grin back sheepishly. 

"Kyuhyun dear, why don't you go ask that table over there if they'd like a refill."  

"Ne eomma" 

 

He shuffles over to two other women at the table in the corner, which has a tv placed behind it. 

"Miss, could I refresh your drink for you?" Kyuhyun questions politely. 

"Yes. Actually I wouldl like to have ..... " she replied. But Kyuhyun misses the rest of her order becuase the tv behind her is broadcasting loudly, "Please welcome to the stage So Nyuh Shi Dae!!!" 

"Huh that's a name I've never heard before," he ponders. This rookie girl group has some nice moves though, he thinks. And a lot of members! He is about to shift his attention back to his customers when the camera pans to a shot of a tall girl with long bangs and a direct, steady gaze.   

Kyuhyun breathes in sharply. "She's... she's .... who is that???" Soon, he is completely mezmerized. 

It seems like time is moving in slow motion, because this girl - this girl on his tv is so different than anyone else he's seen before. Her long, graceful form is blithly dancing across the stage, and her voice is clear and strong, yet so innocent. 

 

"Young man! Did you hear that? I said I'd like a soy latte."

To his horror, he finds he has been staring at the TV for 10 seconds now, unblinking and with his mouth slightly open.  

"Ah! Of course! Yes, I will get that for you right away!" Kyuhyun stammers and rushes off. 


Back behind the bar, he berates himself. "Come on hyun, it's just a random girl. Aish why is work so hard today."