she's gone

it's good to be your enemy

 

Gikwang’s POV

“Because… Because I regret saying harsh words about her. Actually, I love her. I said like that just because I want to convince Junhyung that I didn’t love her.” Gikwang said.

Junhyung stops talking to me since then. Everything changed since that day. It’s been two days I skipped my class. Along this two days, I’ve thinking what should I do to make Chaerin forgive me. But it seems like I haven’t think of anything yet. She’s been a passive girl now. Yoseob said that Chaerin always walks alone, eat alone at the school’s roof and she often get out of the class anytime she wants. Their house is no longer noisy and chaotic. Usually, the three of us can hear clearly Chaerin’s nagging over about home works. Yoseob said that our school has been so quiet. I missed the times when Chaerin and Hyerin make pranks to us.

A message comes to my phone. It’s from Chaerin.

“Gikwang, I’ve finish our folio. You just need to print it out and send it to the teacher. You can add anything if you want. I’ve gave my thumb drive to Yoseob, he will pass it to you later.”

After reading the message, I tried to call her but her phone has been switched off.

8.00 p.m. at the girls’ apartment

Hyerin’s POV

“Where are you going?” I asked Chaerin.

“Anywhere that I can go. Don’t search for me.” She walks out of the house.

“Ya! You can’t do this to me. Since when did you learn to give up? You weren’t Chaerin that I’ve known for more than 6 years! Chaerin-ah, you’ve never run away from your problems. You did say that running away weren’t the best way to solve problems. But, look at what you going to do now! Isn’t this running away?”

“Yes! I’m running away! I run away because I’m not the strong Chaerin anymore! I’m tired of problems and sadness! I’m sorry for not being a good friend since our first met. I really got to go. Just remember that I really thankful to have a chance to have you as my friend.”Chaerin said.

Then, she’s gone from my sight. Junhyung and Gikwang really need to pay me for this! They are the reason why I lost my best friend! I knock on their door.

“Junhyung!! Gikwang!! Open the door or I’ll break it!” I shouted.

Junhyung opens the door. I punch his face. “I’m not your punching bag!” Junhyung shouted. Then I walk into their house.

“Where’s Gikwang!!!???” I shouted.

“Hyerin, calm down. Why are you shouting?” Yoseob said.

“Why am I shouting??!! Chaerin had left our house to somewhere that she herself didn’t know! It’s all Gikwang’s fault!” I shouted.

Then, Gikwang runs out from his bedroom. “What?! Chaerin left? When? I’ll chase her and bring she back!” he run out of the house.

Gikwang’s POV

I have to bring her back! She can’t leave me like this! She can’t leave me alone before hearing all my explanation! She can’t leave me alone after she makes me love her like crazy!

It has been 3 hours searching for her. I’ve give up! I walk home slowly. I’m really a stupid guy!

Two weeks later

Gikwang’s POV

“Okay, silent please! I’ll be announcing the winner for the folio project.” The teacher said. Suddenly, all the memories of me and Chaerin at the nursery come back to my mind. That’s the most wonderful memory I had with her.

“Gikwang!! You win!! Go and get your prize now!!” Yoseob shouted. I was so surprised hearing that. I run to the stage to get the prize. I don’t know why, but my eyes started teary. I miss her. After the assembly is done, I went up to the roof where Chaerin changed my stinky uniform to a new one.

Hyerin’s POV

“Ya! Can you help me?” Junhyung asked.

“Wow! This is the second time you asked for my help. I thought making the folio is the last thing I’d help you. What can I help you?” I chuckle.

“Can you help me find Gikwang? Yoseob and I went around the school to search for him but we can’t find him.” Junhyung said.

“I think I know where he is. Come, follow me.” Both Junhyung and Yoseob followed me. I bring them to the roof. Since Chaerin left us, I’ve seen Gikwang walk to the roof. It’s the place where Chaerin often went to if she wants to skip class or when she was sad. What I thought was right. There he is.

“Look there! It’s Gikwang right? Is he crying?” I pointed to a boy sitting at the box.

“Yes! It’s him and he’s crying.” Yoseob said.

“Won’t you guys want to go to him?”

“No. A guy definitely doesn’t want a guy comforting them. Since you’re the only girl and you have the same attitude as Chaerin. I thought it will make him feels better.” Junhyung pushes me.

I smirked at him and I walk towards Gikwang. “Ya ajusshi! Why are you crying? Wining the first prize is really a sad thing for you huh?!” I smiled.

“Chaerin…..? Oh! It’s you Hyerin.” He said. Disappointed.

“Sorry if the way I talk makes you remember about Chaerin. Hey, stop crying. Your friends are looking for you. Don’t you ever learn to tell people where you want to go?” I chuckled.

“I’m not crying, I’m just pouring my tears. I just want to be here for today.” He laughs.

“Can I ask you something? Since when did you like to be here? By the way, pouring your tears is the explanation for crying, so it’s the same, ” I asked.

“Since the rotten eggs thing. Chaerin brought me here to change my stinky uniform. Oh no! I shouldn’t tell you this!” he said.

“She helped you? That girl is crazily in love with you. Actually, we are the one who put the flour mixed with rotten eggs above your house door. We are aiming on Junhyung and we didn’t expect that you are the one who open the door first. Sorry.” I tell him the truth.

“What? You did all that? I mean both of you did all that?” Junhyung shouted. Then I laugh.

“Yup! I am the one who planned about that. I and Chaerin had a lot of plan to attack you guys.  Hey, aren’t you and Gikwang who pour the cat’s urine in front of our house?” I said.

Gikwang and Junhyung laugh. “Yes, it’s us who pour it.” Junhyung said.

“Wow, we are laughing about bad things that we make to each other. That’s great. So we are friend now?” Yoseob said.

“Hmm… Friends? Yup! That’s what we are now. Since Chaerin left, everything changed, right?” Junhyung said.

“Who said that we’ll be friends?” I smirked.

“Okay, okay, don’t start a fight now.” Yoseob said.

“I wish Chaerin is here together with us. Hyerin, has Chaerin contacted you?” Gikwang said.

“No. Don’t worry, she’s fine. She used to live alone.” I said. So, we all went down except for Gikwang. Since that day, we are friends. Best friends!