different side of her

it's good to be your enemy

 

Yoseob’s POV

“Yey! We’re going to play with kids!” I said happily.

“And I’ll be ignored by the kids. That’s great!” Junhyung smirked.

“Ya, stop it. Just try to be happy. Being all mad like this will affect your mood too!” I said to him. “Hey! Look at them! Why did they join this activity?”

“Huh, we’ll see something interesting today! Wait, aren’t the kids will be scared of them?” Junhyung said.

“I don’t know. We’ll just need to see later. I think maybe they are better than you.” Gikwang chuckled.

Maybe what Gikwang said was right. But it kind of funny that they did want to go to the nursery since they are not seems to be very friendly.

At the nursery

Hyerin’s POV

“Okay. Welcome to the nursery. Now, since the number of boys and girls are the same, we have some changes for today’s project. I would like you guys to be in pairs. Then, both of you will be taking care of one kid. In other words, you’ll be their parents for a day. Boys will come to me and need to take one out of all piece of paper. In the paper, there is the girls’ name. Good luck you guys!” the teacher said.

So, the teacher is announcing the couple.

“Junhyung and Hyerin! Be a nice parents okay?” the teacher said.

“Great! That was a very GOOD luck for me! ! Chaerin-ah! I’m going to die! Bye my dear…” I said to Chaerin.

Chaerin laugh crazily about that. “Hyerin-ah, GOOD luck with your angel!!! You are about to experience a BEAUTIFUL day today!” she smiles.

“Gikwang and Chaerin! Good! Good luck guys!” the teacher said.

I laugh so hard at Chaerin. But, why Gikwang smiled?

“Great! Angels pairing with devils.” Junhyung said.

“Wait wait, look at Gikwang. He looks so happy having Chaerin as his partner.” I poke him while pointing at Gikwang.

“You’re right. Why would he be smiling like that? But, whatever! Hey, you know how to take care a kid right?” Junhyung asked me.

“Of course I know!”

Gikwang’s POV

Great! It’s better having Chaerin than Hyerin. At least I know that Chaerin has a nice character inside her.

“Gikwang-ah, you’ll play with the kid by yourself okay? I don’t like kids and probably kids don’t like me too.” She said.

“Okay, but you have to help me! You can’t just sit still. At least, you need to be with me!” I said to her.

“Whatever. Let’s go to OUR kid. One more thing, don’t you ever let the kid cry! I hate hearing that. If the kid cries, I’ll kill it!” Chaerin said with her evil expression.

“Woah! It’s so SCARY!! Hey, you really love to talk huh?” I chuckled.

One hour passed by. Chaerin hasn’t talked much. But she never says no to what I asked her to do. Suddenly, there’s a kid crying out loud.

“Appa, Omma!! Don’t leave me! I don’t want to live with other person!” the kid cried. She’s about 8 year old. Suddenly Chaerin’s face turns gloomy.

“We can’t raise you up! We have no money! Just assume that we’re dead!” the kid’s parent said. Then, Chaerin stand up and walks to that girl.

“Hey, can’t you just raise your daughter? If you don’t have money, go and find some! She’s just too small to be left like this! If you don’t have money, why did you get married and give birth?” Chaerin speaks out. After saying all that, she ran away. I really think that I should catch her, so I run towards her. I found her squatting beside a big tree few meters from the nursery. She’s crying. I don’t know why.

“Chaerin, are you okay?” I asked.

“Do I look okay? Can’t you see I’m crying? Is that mean I’m okay?!” she shouted. I don’t know what to do.  I grab her hands and take her to the nearest bench. Then, I wipe her tears.

“Why do you cry?” I asked her.

“Actually, my parents are still alive. I’ve been dumped like that girl when my age was 7 years old. I spent 2 years eating leftover from any restaurant that I’ve found. Then, I’ve found an abandoned house. So I live there until I’m 11 years old. That’s when I met with Hyerin.” She stops speaking and cry. I really want to hug her. I wanted to comfort her but I’m afraid that she would reject me.  I’ve braved myself and hugged her.

Few minutes later

Gikwang’s POV

“Thanks for staying with me. I think we better go back to the nursery now. They’ll be worried. Let me walk first. You can start walking 5 minutes later. Don’t tell anyone that you’re with me, especially Hyerin and your friends.” Chaerin said to me.

So, that’s the true story of her. Now I know why she always acts like a bad girl. I’ve never seen her so sad.  She has the strength even though she’s a girl. I think, if other people, they would hang their self.  She does looks like a little girl who craving for love. She looks cute while she cries. Ah… Gikwang-ah, what’s wrong with you? She’s still your enemy. It’s already 5 minutes! I got to go!

Chaerin did smile a lot all the day. After that incident, she plays with our ‘kid’ instead of just let me do all the things. I’m amazed by her.