Chapter 1

His Last Song [HIATUS]

Remember!

"bla bla bla" means he or she is talking.

'bla bla bla' means he or she is thinking.

This means flashback.

This means sound effect.

**********

In his car, Kyuhyun stared blankly at the steering wheel. He was feeling indifferent about the news he got. And the 4 hour train ride from Seoul helped. Right after he got off the train, and when they let his car off from the cargo, he immediately drove to a random park. After about an hour of just stoning in his car, Kyuhyun decided to step outside for a breather.

He walked slowly along the pathway of the park before settling down on a bench overlooking the manmade lake in the centre.

“Kyuhyun ah, let’s go to the park!” Leeteuk said enthusiastically

“Aish, hyung! I don’t want to! Now stop blocking the TV!” Kyuhyun said, clearly annoyed at his hyung who’s distracting him from his gaming.

“Cho Kyuhyun! Get your up! We’re going to the park! All of us, as in the whole band!” Kangin came over and threw the game consoler from Kyuhyun’s hands to the sofa.

“I get one day off and I still can’t play my video games.” Kyuhyun mumbled, stomping off to his room.

“I heard that, Cho Kyuhyun!” Kangin yelled. “And you better not be playing any video games in your room either!”

Kyuhyun chuckled at the memory. It was a day after they officially ended promotions for their second album, Don’t Don. All of them wanted to go to the park for a picnic, but Kyuhyun refused to. He wanted to drown himself in his mindless video games. But he was forced to go anyway.

“Hey Kyuhyun, wanna play some soccer?” Donghae asked with the soccer ball in his hands.

“Erm… No thanks, hyung.” Kyuhyun replied, to which Donghae shrugged.

“Well come join us if you change your mind!” Donghae then dragged Eunhyuk and Hankyung to play with him.

“Kyunnie, stop being such a party pooper and try to have some fun!” Ryeowook nudged Kyuhyun.

“But-” Kyuhyun was about to retort but a soccer ball hit his legs.

“Kyunnie! Can you pass the ball please?” Donghae shouted, but Kyuhyun couldn’t hear.

“What?”

“Pass the ball here!”This time Hankyung shouted, but Kyuhyun still couldn’t hear properly as they were about 10 meters away.

“Can you pass the ball, please?!” Eunhyuk shouted even louder than Hankyung this time.

“Hey!” A loud voice woke him up from his memories.

“Huh?” He looked up, only to see a girl standing in front of him.

“What’s wrong with you?” The girl made herself comfortable next to Kyuhyun.

“What?” Kyuhyun looked at her, confused.

“I asked you to pass the ball, but you seemed to be spacing out.” The girl said, tossing her soccer ball up and down.

“Oh. Erm…” Kyuhyun cleared his throat a little. “Sorry. I was just thinking about… Stuff.”

“I see.” She suddenly stopped tossing the ball and scanned Kyuhyun from head to toe. “You’re not from around here, are you?”

“How’d you guess?” Kyuhyun stared at her.

“You seem awfully familiar, but I just can’t put my finger to it.” She squinted her eyes, trying to figure out where she saw him before.

‘I hope she doesn’t recognize me!’ Kyuhyun secretly hoped, feeling the cold sweat accumulating on his forehead.

“Wait! You’re Kyuhyun from Super Junior! Aren’t you?” She asked softly, not wanting to attract attention from the other people at the park.

“Erm… Yea.” Kyuhyun chuckled nervously. “Should I start running?”

“Not really. Haha.” She burst out laughing. “Don’t worry. I’m not one of your crazy fangirls. Just a regular fangirl.”

“Oh. Well, good to know.” Kyuhyun laughed along.

This is one of the reasons why Kyuhyun chose to come to Kwangju. Minimal crazy diehard fangirls. And it was less hectic than Seoul. Even looking at the city itself was relaxing. No crazy cars honking everywhere, no jam packed buses or subways. And more importantly, no screaming fangirls.

“So mind telling me what’s a superstar doing here?” Kyuhyun was hoping she wouldn’t touch that topic.

Well she already asked, might as well tell her everything. He didn’t really know why, but he just spilled out his secret terminal illness to a complete stranger. He doesn’t even know her name! But somehow, it just felt right to tell her everything. Now, he felt better after telling someone about it. And the best part of it all, she didn’t just say sorry and gave him a pat on his back. She pulled him into a hug, and promised to show him everything there is to see before he… moves on.

It was getting late, and Kyuhyun was getting tired by the second. Having a terminal illness really affects one’s stamina. And so they bade their goodbyes, but not before she passed him her address, asking him to stop by whenever.

“You’re really giving me your address?” Kyuhyun looked at the paper, slightly amused. “What if I decided to drop by and you?”

“I trust that you won’t.” She pouted. “Don’t make me lose it.”

And with that, they went their separate ways. Kyuhyun, back to his hotel, and she made her way back to her house.

‘Oh crap! I forgot to ask for her name.’ Kyuhyun hit himself on the head. ‘Nice going, Kyuhyun. You just spilt everything out to a pretty but still complete stranger, and even got her address, but didn’t ask for her name!’

“Hey!” Kyuhyun turned around, only to see her running towards him. “You’re gonna stay in a hotel, I presume?”

“Well, yeah.” Kyuhyun nodded. “I don’t have a relative here.”

“You can sleep with me.” Her eyes widened, and so did Kyuhyun’s, when she realized what she said. “No! I mean you can stay in my house. I have an extra bedroom!”

“Haha. Well I don’t want to trouble y-” Kyuhyun got cut of by her loud ‘NO!’.

“It’s no trouble! It’s the least I can do for you.” Kyuhyun stared at her, confused. “Well you shared your personal stories for me despite me being a complete stranger. I really appreciate that.”

“Hmm… I’m guessing there’s some sad past about you that led you to that?” Kyuhyun joked.

“What? No!” She punched him playfully on the arm. “Life isn’t some dramatic sob story, you know?”

“Ok, ok.” Kyuhyun chuckled. “Come on, let’s go to your place then. Or I’m afraid you’ll have to let me sleep on your back while you carry me back.”

“Or I can just leave you here in the park and give you a newspaper for a blanket.” She teased.

“Hey!” Kyuhyun pouted. “Oh! I never got to know your name.”

She smiled. A sweet smile that made Kyuhyun’s heart beat faster.

“Eunsae.”

**********

Sorry if I made any mistakes.