Mission Status: Debriefing

Trained Assassin

As it turns out, Commander DID put out the good chocolate! 

I was happy. Smiling. Enthusiastic. That is, until the door opened and there, walked in my baby brother with his partner, Suzy. 

"COMMAN-," I caught myself before I could launch out of my chair and go on a shouting spree. "Commander,..what is Juhong doing here..." I ground out it what I hope wasn't an impolite tone. I think my eye was twitching.

"Now, now calm down Hyejin" Commander put his hands up in defense and Yongguk pulled me further into my chair. 

"What's.Going.On," I sent my look to Juhong now who was trying to fade into the background. "CHOI JUHONG."

Before I could go after him Commander stopped me. "Hyejin, we're short on staff right now and we need all the help we can get with this particular mission."

"But Juhong isn't ready for this mission he's only a junior agent! It's termination we're talking about! You can't be serious!" My eyes widened at the thought of my baby brother having to watch a termination, much less have direct linkage to it. For god's sakes he just had his partnership ceremony a week ago.

This time Juhong in, "noona I can take care of myself! I'm not a baby anymore!"

I turned my firey gaze to him. "Juhong this is not your place to say what's good for you and what is not. Yo-"

"You're right Hyejin, it is my place to say where my agents go," Commander interrupted my erruption and gave me a pointed look. 'Not now' the look said. So, I sat down and shut my trap....for now.

**

With a click the room dimmed and a debreifing powerpoint appeared on the wall:

*click*

Case Code: 800723AB

Lee, Jinki (known alias: Onew)

Male

23 y.o.

A picture of a boy appeared on the screen.

"This, team, is your ultimate target. We've been getting information that he is the middle of a international drug ring that extends to even Mexico." Commander had his lips in a thin line.

*click*

attends Chosik University, incoming freshman due to extraneous circumstances - what circumstances?

connected to Group X - how?

As soon as I saw 'Group X' my blood ran cold. They were one of the most notorious groups in all of Seoul and they weren't doing too terribly in the international department either. We haven't been able to snuff them all out. It was like a game of cat and mouse.

"I'm sure you are all familiar with Group X," Commander went on, "it has been comfirmed that Mister Lee Jinki is a part of Group X but we are not yet sure what position he holds within Group X. That's one thing we hope to find out. Your assignments are as follows:

*click*

Alpha-team: Yongguk/Hyejin - S.P

Beta-team: Donghae/Sunhwa, Juhong/Suzy - Sports Infultration

Delta-team: Eunhyuk/Jia - Drama Arts Infultration

*click*

"Now that we are all familiar with our teams: everyone will be enrolled as incoming freshman in Chosik University. We're trying to keep this as closed an operation as we can. Therefore, the university is not helping us out on this one so be careful of what you say and do. DO NOT compromise this mission. You will be expelled first, do you hear?" Commander didn't wait for our response and just kept going..

"Your roles with each other in regards to relationships are whatever you wish, just as always, and YPM has set up three houses in strategic locations for our three teams. You are all expected to move in promptly after meeting with tech and make up downstairs."

The lights flicked on again and everyone left the room, that is excluding me and Yongguk. We were S.P, meaning special.

"Hyejin. Yongguk." Commander turned and looked at us both in turn. "For this mission we are counting on you two to call the shots. You are our 'in' to Group X, so don't fail us. It is crutial you do not fail. You're the best we've got." Commander ended by handing us both a red folder and dismissing us.

 

**

 

Yongguk and I both strode out of the elevator with our folders and onto floor B3 where tech and make up was.

 "Yongguk let's go get tech first! I love getting tech! It's the best part of missions~" I beamed brightly as I headed towards the tech locker. "Come on slow-poke!" I grabbed his arm and pulled him, "maybe if we're lucky CNU will have something new!" 

Yongguk shook his head and rolled his eyes at me. "You've got to stop putting such pressure on the boy, Hyejin. You already know he has a crush on you."

"Blah.Blah.Blah, THAT'S ALL I HEAR YONGGUK," I said while tugging him along.

 

**

"KYAH~" I said while I craned my neck around the room, looking at all the new tech since the last time I had been here. There was a whole new wall of equipment!

"Tsk, if only you sounded that way when you saw me," I heard a voice say behind me as I was admiring a pillow that could turn into a rock in the next momemt. I turned and saw Himchan standing next to Yongguk, smiling at me in that way he always does. I inched towards the pillow.

"Hyejin-ah~~ I missed you~" He cooed and came after me with his arms wide open.

"EEK!" My eyes open to the size of saucers and I darted behind Yongguk to hide.

"Hyejin baby, you hurt me," Himchan said with mock hurt, "I come back from an extensive mission just to have my girlfriend ignore me?" He pouted.

A muffled, "I'M NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND," came out from behind Yongguk. The two of them were probably getting a kick out of this. No, I KNOW they were getting a kick out of it becasue the deep bass of my partner's laugh was reverbing from his back.

"Babbyyy~," Himchan called after me as I gripped harder on Yongguk's black t-shirt. I started burying my head against Yongguk's back. "Make it stop Yongguk," I pleaded with him. "He's your best friend, make it stopppp!"   

"Hyejin ba-," a nervous clearing of someone's throat caused Himchan to stop mid-sentance. We all looked up to see CNU looking at the whole scene with a light blush starting to appear. 

"I-I have your t-tech for the u-upcoming mission Hyejin," CNU stumbled over his words as he walked over to us with a medium-sized red box. 

I promptly let go of Yongguk's shirt and straightened up, eyes gleaming at the surprise that waited in the box. 

"H-here you g-go," CNU handed me the box and I tore into it without a second to spare. "Ehh?" I stared, confused. Inside were 2 velvet boxes with rings shining up at me. 

"CNU I think you gave me the wrong box. Are you sure this isn't for some other team? Maybe you got the boxes mixed up an-" I started rambling. It can't just be two rings..

CNU just nervously pointed to the side of the box with the mission label stuck on it. Sure enough '800723AB Alpha' was stamped on it. "I-it's all in the f-folder," CNU studdered. 

I began furiously flipping through the red folder I had forgotten all about in my rush to get there:

'S.P instructions for 800723AB calls for X9R' the first page said and I wanted to bang my head on a wall...but I settled for slumping my head.

"What is it?" Yongguk peered over my shoulder at the file. I imagined his eyes were widened upon seeing it. Then, Himchan took a look as well, "NOT FAIR" he said and that set the world into motion again, "Yongguk why do you have all the luck!"

CNU cleared his throat again. "U-u-uh, the rings are designed for X9R a-and the capabilities a-are ins-side the box," he squeeked before he quickly shuffled away. 

I gave Yongguk his ring and held onto mine just as Juhong and Suzy walked in. "Noona?" Juhong called me as he looked at the exchange, "what's going on?" He looked between Yongguk and me.

"Noona...sayyy are you dating hyung? Is today a special day?" Juhong broke into a big smile and raised his eyebrows at me.

I sputtered at him, Himchan frowned, and Yongguk showed his amused gummy smile. 

Why this little.."CHOI JUHONG I AM N-"

"JUHONG I AM DATING YOUR SI-"

(smile)

Juhong took a step back and waved his hands in front of him. "Arrasso noona, ehheh please don't bite my head off" he said nervously. 

I sighed, "No, noona is sorry...and no, I'm not dating ANYONE," Himchan sent me a wink and Juhong's face fell ever-so-slightly (I knew he's secretly rooting for Yongguk and me getting together. That boy just looks up to my partner so much..), "Yongguk and I were just assigned X9R."

"X9R, what's that," Suzy pipped up. Juhong's face lit up a bit. "It means that noona and hyung ARE dating!"

Juhong and I both had memorized the code book by the time we were 8 so we knew every code. "By X9R, partners are entered into a relationship status dictated by YPM for the duration of the mission. The specifics are to be passed to the team during debrief," Juhong recited word for word, "therefore, DATING. Hyung, hyung, you have to take good care of noona alright?" Juhong looked at Yongguk adoringly.

 

I sighed and pressed my hand to my face. It was going to be a bumpy ride.