Final

spellbound
Please log in to read the full chapter

luhan is one of many magic users. a light magic user meaning he uses magic for good. he owns a shop with his home right above it. he has a decent amount of customers. magic usage was coming back and becoming common across the land.

one of his regular customers is a young man named sehun. luhan's heart was taken the minute the younger boy stepped foot into the shop. he fell in love when sehun kept making trips back to the shop. luhan loves sehun but sehun doesn’t exactly return the feelings. it would have been perfect if he did.

because sehun had a boyfriend. his boyfriend's name is joonmyun. sehun said joonmyun was always getting sick so that's why sehun made trips to luhan's shop to buy healing spells.

luhan had never met this joonmyun. he knew that joonmyun was older than sehun but younger than himself. according to sehun, joonmyun was perfect, flawless and the love of his life. sehun would do anything for him.

luhan didn't know the guy but he hated him. he hated him so much but could never bring himself to 'accidentally mess up' the spells sehun bought for the guy. it would have been an evil thing to do but luhan was too nice. he cared too much for sehun's happiness.

one week sehun doesn't show up at all. luhan wonders if something is wrong. sehun came at least twice a week. he didn’t show up at all this week. it's not until the next week when sehun does show up.

“luhan! luhan!” he is huffing air from running so much. why was he running?

“luhan...joonmyun...spell...wont wake up...joonmyun...”

“wait, wait, wait. hold on. calm down,” luhan removes himself from behind the counter. “breathe in through the nose. out the mouth. nice and slow.”

sehun listens and does what luhan instructs.

“now tell me, what's wrong? is this about you not showing up last week at all? i was worried because-”

“i went to check out this new shop that opened not far from here,” sehun takes a careful breath. “i bought one of their spells to try it out. the owner said it would do wonders to improve health in a long term. so i bought it,

“i gave it to joonmyun because he suddenly caught strep throat, i don't even know how, and this hive-like rash. i gave it to him and he went to sleep that night but,” sehun's voice wavers. “but he wouldn't wake up the next morning,” his eyes look watery. “he wouldn't wake up luhan but, he was breathing. breathingchestmovingupanddown so i freaked andrushedoverhereand i. don't. know. what. to. do.”

“calm down. breathe,” luhan reminds the younger boy. “now tell me, what was the spell called? or what did it say?”

sehun tells him the spell, a dead language rolling smoothy off his tongue.

“that's not right,” something is wrong. “that spell is for eternal sleep.”

luhan was not supposed to be saying this out loud but it was an instinct. he was mentored by his father. luhan says it all to himself but sehun is standing right next to him.

“eternal sleep that slowly consumes the subjects mind. it progresses faster when the subject is unconscious, or sleeping. it consumes by slowly dissolving the body from inside out. the end result, decomposition of the body. it's going to smell,” luhan wrinkles his nose at the thought. “what the hell? this idiot mixed a dangerous spell with a simple health improvement spell. what the hell?”

“decomposition?” sehun's voice breaks his trance, now on the verge of tears. luhan hadn't realized he was saying all that with sehun next to him.

luhan's eye narrow a bit, remembering something. “and, it can't be undone. it's an unbreakable spell.”

“no,” sehun would not except this. “luhan...is there anything you can do?”

hope. luhan senses hope in sehun's voice. hope that he was not sure of giving.

“i'm sorry but, no. not with,” luhan looks away. “not with a spell like that.”

“please, luhan. pleas, I love him.”

love. the words bite because no matter what luhan does sehun will always love joonmyung.

“i can not do anything.”

sehun lets out a shaky breath. he falls into a nearby chair, head dropping low and forearms resting on his knees. luhan returns to behind the counter. head bowed, forehead pressed to both the palms of his hands.

it's hour-like minutes that pass. luhan purses his lips in thought. there is something he can do but, it would have a cost. a very heavy cost. he knew it was forbidden. even dark magic users forbid the practice of such a spell.

"i...there is something i can do..." luhan's voice cuts the silence.

 

sehun looks up from his position. "really?"

 

"yes." luhan responds, almost a quiet whisper.

 

"and the cost?" sehun is now on his feet.

 

luhan shakes his head. "don't worry about it," he finally looks up with a smile. "i will take care of that."

 

"oh, thank you so much luhan." sehun's body moves close. he reaches over and pulls luhan into a tight hug.

 

luhan whispers, savoring the moment. "i'll have it ready by tomorrow."

 

"yeah," sehun breaks the hug. "will you bring it over? if that's alright with you."

 

"yeah, yeah. sure." luhan nods waving at air.

 

sehun can't thank luhan enough. he takes luhan's hands and holds them. he brings them up to the side of his own head. sehun s

Please log in to read the full chapter