Nightmare

Chiropteran (hiatus)

 

I ran through hallways upon hallways in this maze like structure of a building trying to find my way out after escaping my prison like cell. Every now and then I would run into dead ends causing me to become flustered as panic and anxiety grew within me. Sweat trickled down my forehead while my arms were encased in sleeves of dried blood. Loud sirens deafened my hearing. Flashes of red coming from the set off alarms blurred my vision. I hid in the shadows as I heard rumbling footsteps nearing my location. Waves of guards passed by me. Blind fools. Once the coast was clear I stepped out and continued to run in every direction possible.

 

I slowed down as I heard screaming coming from one of the doors in the hallway I was currently in. With every step I took the screaming grew louder and I was able to make out the gender of the person. It was a male. I placed my back against the wall as I inched closer and closer until I was at the side of the door. The screaming turned into muffles of incoherent words. Curiosity killed the cat, Saya. My hand held onto the knob of the door, turning it ever so slowly. Stop! My body wouldn’t listen. The knob had fully turned and now the door was left ajar. I crouched down, careful to not make any audible noises, and peaked through.

 

Tao was strapped down onto a high metal table, the ones that you would see in the morgue. His hands were in tight fists. His veins were very prominent on his arms and neck. Eyes tightly shut as his jaw clenched onto a white rag that was stuffed in his mouth. Painful groans came out. I watched in horror. He must be in a great deal of pain.

 

I slightly pushed the door in order to get a better look. The room was opposite of mine. White walls, white shiny tiled floors, and no prison cell. Although my room was of a prison theme, Tao’s was more of a twisted hospital type. Trays of different types of knives were placed next to Tao, as were empty syringes and small bottles filled with unknown substances.

 

A man in a white lab coat held a syringe filled with a yellow-ish liquid. He pushed on the pump to get rid of the remaining air inside. He creepily smirked as he looked at Tao. Tao violently shook his head and let out some whimpers. “This will only sting for just a bit.” The man said. Stop it! I mentally screamed. I wanted to stop him but my body stood frozen. I watched as the man that I assumed to be some sort of mad scientist slowly push the pump of the syringe, letting the yellow fluid enter Tao’s bloodstream. I wince at the painful noises that come out of Tao’s stuffed mouth.

 

I watch out of horror as Tao’s body started to convulse. It was as if I was reliving the moment he turned into a Chiropteran. The convulsion lasted for several minutes until his body abruptly stayed still. The mad scientist frowned at the stillness of Tao’s body. He then walked to the other side of the room, the part that the door blocked. “This was a failure. Bring in a new subject.” He said. It was clear to me what he meant. “Tao~” I said under my breath. I closed my eyes as I silently said my farewell to Tao. I clenched my fists and opened my eyes. I will avenge your death. I barged into the white room with determination, determination to kill the scientist.

 

I crushed his bones slowly until he passed out. I then tore him apart. Hands, feet, legs, and arms were all scattered in the now bloodstained room. I was drenched in his blood as if I took a bath in it. I slowly walked over to Tao’s body, leaving a trail of bloody footprints. “I’m sorry~” I whispered. My hand Tao’s cheek, leaving 3 red lines on his skin. I stood there watching Tao’s lifeless body.

 

I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen. I looked down to see a bloodied hand going through my body. It retracted and I fell to the ground.

 

 

 

 

I woke up panting and sweating. I scanned my surroundings. I was in an all too familiar prison cell. It was just a dream. “Well it seems like the princess is awake.” An all too familiar voice said. K walked out with a smirk on his face. Déjà vu. “The guards found you passed out in front of a huge hole that seems to have been created by you. Don’t worry though, you’ve been moved to a more stable confinement area where you won’t be able to escape.” He laughed hysterically and left the room.

 

 


It was just a dream and Tao's not really dead.