Chapter 2

Pinning for you

Onew rubbed his sore eyes. He had been crying for the past two hours and was getting tired of it. He looked at himself in the mirror and as usual, he looked horrible with his bloodshot eyes and uncombed hair. He snorted slighted and pinched himself on his cheeks. He had been losing weight lately. He sighed deeply and closed his eyes. How did he end up like this?

"I should stop acting as if I'm the only one having problems," Onew muttered to himself.

He should stop acting acting like a fool and be more considerate. To think that he had abandoned all his leader responsibilities and leave all the burden to Key.

Key....

He wondered how he was doing right now.

 

Onew opened his eyes only to find Key standing in front of him with a plate full of hot crispy chicken. Key looked flustered and blushed red upon realizing that Onew had caught him staring at him. Key felt his heart hammering against his chest.  Smiling shyly, Key handed Onew the plate of chicken.

 

"Onew, please eat these. You have not been eating properly and the others and I are getting worried," Key carefully said while shielding himself in case Onew wanted to throw them back at him like how he used to when he first broke up with Luna.

 

Key smiled sweetly when he saw Onew graciously accepted the plate of chicken and began eating them slowly.

Key heave a sigh a relief. He was happy enough to see Onew eating his chicken again. Key missed the old Onew. Key missed the way Onew would always smile brightly at him. While he was absorbed in his own thoughts, he did not realized that Onew had stopped eating and was now staring at him.

 

Onew looked at Key fondly. He had so much to thank Key for. Key had cared for him, comfort him when he was feeling down and made him felt happy. Onew wanted to repay all Key's kindness but anything that Onew wanted to do for him was nothing as compared to what Key had sacrificed for him. Onew studied Key's face and was surprised that Key looked almost lifeless with his pale skin and sunken cheeks. Onew felt guilty. He was supposed to care for the welfare of s. Onew resolved to stop crying and change for the better.

 

------------------

The next day, Onew woke up early in the morning to make some breakfast for his fellow members. While singing softly to himself, he prepared some bacon and eggs for Taemin and Jonghyun, a stack of blueberry pancakes for Minho, a stack of piping hot strawberry pancakes and a chocolate pancake for himself. Onew smiled to himself when he saw the table loaded with food. Onew could literally felt himself drool. While he was pouring some freshly squeezed orange juice in a glass, he failed to notice a wet patch on the floor and slipped onto Key who happened to suddenly appear in front of him.

Key squealed in surprise as he felt the cold orange juice all over him. Onew closed his eyes and braced himself for Key's usual nagging but the kitchen remained silent. Onew opened his eyes only to find Key struggling not to laugh. Onew heave a sigh of relief as he smiled brightly which showed his pearly white teeth to Key. He could have sworn that he saw Key blushing. Onew was helping Key out of his cold wet t-shirt when he heard Taemin screaming in delight.

 

"Minho hyung! Jonghyun hyung! Look!! Onew hyung is back!" Taemin squealed excitedly.

Minho and Jonghyun rushed to the kitchen and were elated to see Onew back to normal. Soon, the whole kitchen were full of smiles. Onew looked at each of s who was busy tucking in the food and thought how much he missed them.

"Hey Onew hyung! Since when do you know how to cook? It's so delicious!! Can I have more?" Jonghyun smiled cheekily to him.

Onew chuckled in reply. The Shinee members seemed hyper after the meal especially Taemin. He seemed to practically bouncing from his seat. Onew smiled to himself and mentally pat himself on his back for a job well done. Onew was amused to see the other members behavior. Key and Jonghyun were arguing over some miner things while Taemin was showing his aegyo to Minho.

 

" Onew hyung!" Taemin hollered.

Onew turned his head to look at Taemin.

 

" Hyung! Hyung! Look at me! I can dance to Gee now!" Taemin shouted excitedly while standing to get ready to dance.

 

Onew could not resist a smile as he watched Taemin's attempt to dance to Gee. It was too cute.

Onew turned to Key and asked him.  " What have you been teaching my son?"

Key choked in surprise and the only response he could think of was "Uhh?"

Onew divert his attention towards Jonghyun who was pretending to choke himself silly trying to catch Onew's attention.

 

----------------------

So what do you think of my 2nd chapter? I know it's a bit boring but I promise that it would get better in the next few chapters.

Well... comment and subscribe please!! ^^