Chapter 3

Vying For His Love {HIATUS}

 

Hello everyone, I'm sorry for the long wait, my exams are holding me up but fortunately I have two more days of them left so I'm taking the chance to update ^^

I hope you guys enjoy reading

and the red ones are flashbacks and the bolded once are either screaming or the character put emphasis on the word


 

Baekhyun eyes widened and he immediately stepped out and slammed the door behind him, pulling Chanyeol’s hand with his right and his luggage with his left hand. Chanyeol blinked repeatedly and his forehead creased in deep thought before he pouted as he jumped into the only possible conclusion in his mind

“Baekhyunnie, you’re still mad at me aren’t you? You’re not going to let me in the house...,” Chanyeol said, watching intently at Baekhyun’s hand tightly encircling his wrist making his heart rate doubled. His cheeks burned as he glanced to Baekhyun’s long, beautiful fingers around his wrist. He couldn’t help the silly little smile tugging his lips.

“Channie…,” Baekhyun distractedly started, unaware of Chanyeol’s little pout at being half-ignored. Baekhyun’s mind was whirling at top speed, he knew he roughly had a few seconds before the door would fling open. “Waaa, Channie, Channie do you have a-a shirt? Oh your jacket, use your jacket. Cover your face! Now now,”

Chanyeol blinked and panicked as he saw Baekhyun’s anxious expression. “But-but I…”

“Your jacket, use your jacket faster and don’t say a word okay, promise me on your life. Don’t say a word if not I’ll hate you forever, understand?” Chanyeol eyes widened at the threat, he nodded rapidly, slipping his phone inside his back jeans pocket and covering his face. He wouldn’t want Baekhyun to hate him ever.

Baekhyun gulped as the door swung open, he put his hands behind him, gripping his iphone tightly so as to not shake too much. He also plastered a huge sunny smile as Mrs Su stepped outside with an eyebrow raised. Sungjong and Stranger guy poked their heads from behind her back, the former biting his lips in worry while the latter still with the mask intact, only surveyed the scene in front of him coolly.

“Who are you?” she deadpanned, narrowing her eyes suspiciously towards Chanyeol who for a split second forgot what he was supposed to do and tried to greet Mrs Su as he usually did only to have Baekhyun poking his side with an arm and glaring sideways.

Instead Chanyeol bowed to her awkwardly several times

“This is the new neighbor Mrs Su,” Baekhyun beamed brightly, realizing that his voice was normal

“Oh is it? Are you lost?” she inquired, motioning to the bright yellow luggage. Chanyeol glanced at Baekhyun nervously before nodding “Come in then,” she said before casually adding “Contagious flu as well?”

Baekhyun hurried to her side, “Omo, Mrs.Su, I think we need to be very careful ne? You should take care of your health too, don’t overwork yourself,” he led her into the house “I’m really worried that you’ll catch the flu so better stay away from Channie and…,” Baekhyun leaned in to whisper so as to not hurt the new neighbor feelings “…the new neighbor,”

“I ‘am flattered,” Mrs Su flatly answered, crossing her arms and giving Baekhyun a very doubtful stare before she began with considerable scorn “I thought you care little about this bossy old-fashioned…,”

Baekhyun cut in immediately “AH AH T-that you see…,”

Nameless hottie raised an eyebrow at his stuttering seemingly amused.  He stepped aside to make way for Mrs Su and a flustered Baekhyun inside the house.

“Uh…uh,” Chanyeol was trying to get Baekhyun’s attention as he stood unmoving from his spot outside unsure what he should do. Sungjong went to help his hyung who stared at the retreating back of Baekhyun with obvious disappointment.

Sungjong patted his shoulder pityingly “Hyung, let’s go in,”

Chanyeol seemed to snap out of his reverie and rushed to the door only to stumble on one of the steps and fell down with a loud thud.

It was dead silent for one second

“OWWWWW,” Chanyeol groaned as he sat up. Sungjong and Baekhyun seemed to hesitate for a few more seconds before they hurried over to him.

Baekhyun started to cry without tears “This is my fault, waaaa” Mrs Su footsteps seemed to echo as they neared Baekhyun

‘I’m gonna die’ he thought

**

Yah, the table is not clean enough! Do it again!” Mrs Su screamed at Baekhyun who was wiping the table in front of her. Baekhyun bite his lips and secretly tried to glare at the woman who was watching Chanyeol mopping the floor like a hawk “You! Have you never mopped the floor your entire life?!

Park Chanyeol jumped in surprise at Mrs Su harsh tone, he blinked innocently and stopped due to confusion. Sungjong went over and ask to switch place with him. Chanyeol obediently went to arrange some DVDs on the shelf near the flat screen they owned in the living room.

Baekhyun had told Mrs Su that she wanted to prank her, skipping the part about him sleeping with the other guy. As punishment, Mrs Su had demanded they clean the house.

Mrs Su’s attention was caught by Mr Name-Still-Unknown who had revealed his face earlier. “Just because you’re not living in this house doesn’t mean you’ll get away with this!” She sent death glares to the man who was leaning against the door like he owned the house. “I can tell you that the boy’s mother…,” at this she motioned to Sungjong who ignored her “…can do anything.”

His expression didn’t change but then Baekhyun spoke up “You better listen, trust me,”

“The bathroom upstairs needs a good cleaning,” Mrs Su said calmly, sitting back on the sofa and to Baekhyun’s horror, put up her feet on the table in front of her , the one Baekhyun was trying hard to clean twice now. Irritation bubbled up in the boy’s chest, he gritted his teeth

“Evil, bossy ahjumma…,” his low grumble was unfortunately heard.

“Do you really want to be kicked out of the house hyung?”  Sungjong unceremoniously hit the side of his left thigh with the bottom part of the mop repeatedly

Baekhyun pursed his lips and shoot him a glare. Sungjong just stuck his tongue out to him and went right back to work as Mrs Su spoke “Lee Sungjong, don’t dawdle! Work faster! Wouldn’t want me to throw away all of your secret stashes of lemon candies do you?” at this Sungjong’s eyes widened and with a whip of his hair he turned to her.

Yah! You evil bossy ahjumma!” he screamed but Chanyeol and Baekhyun immediately held each of his arms and tried to shush him.

Mrs Su smirked satisfyingly as the three lowered their heads and apologized.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun were sitting on the wooden bench across the road where they could see the apartment they were kicked out of just half an hour before, their luggages and boxes containing whatever they could pack in short notice were placed at one side of the bench.

“I’m sorry Baekhyunnie, it’s my fault,” Chanyeol kept his head bowed. He chanced a glance to the man beside him, hoping he’d say something soon. The guilt was eating him and he really wished that Baekhyun would say something. His heart clenched and he swallowed

“No, it’s my fault,” Baekhyun began “I was the one who put super glue on his chair,” then he turned to Chanyeol with pleading eyes “I’m so sorry Channie! But he was so irritating and annoying and I don’t like…,” Baekhyun stopped as he saw Chanyeol’s incredulous expression

“Hyung….I thought he asked the landlord to throw us out because I burn his favourite underwear,”

“No….you didn’t?” Baekhyun gasped “and…I…I sold his beloved goldfish!”

“I…can’t believe this…,” Chanyeol said “I hated the way he treated you so I did all this things…,”

“No, I hated the way he treated you,” the older one said. A small smile worked its way to both of their faces then both burst to hysterical laughter and hugged each other.

“Aww thanks for looking out for me,” Baekhyun cried.

They didn’t realize the black limo suddenly pulling into a stop infront of them and out came a woman in a cute floral skirt and peach blouse

“Hello Mr Byun Baekhyun and Mr Park Chanyeol, I’m Kwon Yuri, a personal secretary of Mrs Lee…We come to make you a deal I know you won’t refuse,” the girl brightly said with a nice genuine smile “I know you just lost your apartment,”

“How did you know our name?” Baekhyun asked shocked “How did you know we got kicked out of our apartment?”

So because of that story, Baekhyun found himself with Mr No Name back again in his room in front of his bathroom door with the cleaning supplies

They both looked at each other then at the toilet bowl and after that the sink before looking back at each other again. They scrambled to the sink, trying to beat each other to it.

“I got this one, you can go clean that one,” Baekhyun told Stranger guy with a huff, wrapping his arms around the sink and motioning to the toilet seat

The man gave Baekhyun a withering glare and stood unmoved. Baekhyun pursed his lips, he wasn’t going to clean the toilet seat no matter what “Fine! Stand there forever while I’m cleaning this,” and proceeded to do so

“Yah!” the smaller man cried as after five seconds the man still wasn’t moving “Mrs Su is going to kill you!”

Still no reaction

 “Midget,” Baekhyun blinked then his jaw dropped at the insult “Clean that one, I want to work on the sink. If you don’t, I won’t do anything and let you clean all by yourself,”

Baekhyun sputtered “Are you trying to order me around?”

“Yes I ’am,”

Yah you Giant!

“Midget,” Stranger man shot back calmly

Elephant!

“Midget,”

Dinosaur,

“Midget,”

Baekhyun pouted realizing the taller man was getting more amused by the second before he schooled his expression into a colder one

You mean -face!” Baekhyun growled lowly

What did you just say?” the man slowly, dangerously drawled out.

Baekhyun gulped staring right into the eyes of a man who seemed to want to skin him alive.

“Uhh did I-I hit uhhh a nerve?” Baekhyun asked unsurely, trying to avoid the piercing gaze as he started to sweat and his heart rate doubled

Then suddenly a laugh echoed in the bathroom making Baekhyun stunned.


So how was it  you ? :) Thank you for sticking with me and the story everyone. I appreciate your comments and subscribes ^^

and oh if you guys are interested, please check out INFINITE's leader Kim Sunggyu's '60 Seconds' and maybe also his solo album preview if you haven't :) They are seriously great and worth checking. We can spazz together if you want haha