you put the spark to the flame

to my heart he carries the key

titleyou put the spark to the flame

pairing: taemin/krystal

words: 564

summary: soojung was the match head while taemin was the surface of ignition. 

 


 

"Let's run away."

"To where?" 

"To a place where we can be together." 

___________

When Soojung first saw Taemin, she was cautious of him. He was bad news. She sensed it the moment he flashed that sweet angelic smile of his in her direction, matched with a sly, knowing look. A buzzed and tingling sensation spread through her body as she watched him head for the cafeteria door and disappear into the masses. Something was bound to happen when they clashed. She decided then that she would do much just to avoid him.

Unfortunately, avoiding Taemin was like avoiding the sun. He was everywhere.

___________

"I'm... I'm scared."

"Woah! The great Jung Soojung terrified? The world must be ending."

"Shut up! This is your fault anyway."

"I won't leave you."

"Whatever."

"... I promise. I promise I won't ever leave you."

___________

When they first met, Soojung felt comfortable. What she thought of him from first sight stayed with her throughout their whole conversation. However, it didn't hide the fact that she was enjoying Taemin's company. On the contrary, it made her even loose. Soojung wasn't used to feeling free and alive. Not once did she let her guard down and yet meeting Taemin for only a few minutes made her threw all her fears of letting anyone near her heart.

It's scary, Soojung thought, that one person could turn your world upside down.

___________

"Where will we go?" 

"We'll be heading down to Busan? I have a relative there who owes me money. He's preparing plane tickets for us."

"To where?"

"To the States. California. I don't know. Whichever part of that big country you want to live in."

"You can't even speak in English."

"I'll learn and try, Soojung."

"You've thought this well, haven't you?"

"Only for you."

___________

His parents didn't approve of her. Soojung was a daughter of a small laundry shop owners and she didn't exactly have any goals in life. While she had an air in becoming someone, Taemin's parents just didn't see anything special in her. She was pretty but dull. 

She wasn't enough, they said. So Soojung tried to act proper and good and nice and not the Jung Soojung everyone knew. She had to please. Throw away her old self to create a new one. But it still wans't enough.

"You don't need to try," Taemin assured her.

"I have to, Taemin. I'm doing this for you."

"It's okay. You're enough."

___________

"We'll get through this."

"I know."

"You aren't worried?"

"No."

"Oh?"

"It's you and me, Taemin. I know we'll get through this." 

___________

Taemin, in a word, was infectious. He was a bright child, full of energy and smiles that lit up a room. Soojung wasn't the type to smile usually but whenever she saw him grinning and laughing, she would grin and laugh too.

Soojung was the canvas while Taemin was the palette. She was plain but he brought color to her life. No, he was the color.

She was all alone in a gloomy room for so many years but Taemin came and brought her out of that darkness. She had forgotten all about the sun and its warmth while she was trapped in that wretched room. Now, she longed for its heat every minute. Taemin was her light, her salvation. 

And this is where Soojung wanted to stay for all eternity. WIth Taemin.

It's you and me.

 


 

note1. i hate it. it didn't come out right.

note2. it's so rushed. i feel bad for not putting too much effort and not taking my time.

note3. :(

note4. ANYWAY A KAISTAL AU IS COMING NEXT WEEK. IT'S ALMOST DONE SQUEEEEEEEEEE SO EXCITED.