wednesday rain

to my heart he carries the key

title: wednesday rain

pairing: sehun/krystal

words: 725

summary: i push you away because i love you.


 

It’s Wednesday and it’s raining hard.  Rain fell as I was riding the bus, and of course, the nature-loving moron I was, I didn’t bring an umbrella. Thus, when I had entered the classroom, my hair was wet and my top was a lightly drenched. Lucky for me, Jinri had an extra shirt.

Class resumed on but by fourth period, Mr. Kim was MIA so we had free time. I think I must’ve slept for a good ten minutes and to my surprise, woke up when Sehun was on my face. Not exactly on my face but more like he was in front of me, sitting upright and eyes on me. I gave him a sheepish smile. He grinned back.

“Had a nice sleep?” He asked, leaning a little forward.

I rolled my eyes and tried not to yawn (but I did anyway). “Not with that ruckus.” I said and pointed behind me, where I knew Suzy and Jiyoung making fun of Niel. I could hear them even in my subconscious. They were arguing, I think, about Niel being blah blah blah. Goodness, why are they so loud?

“What’s new?” He chuckled and I smiled. I smoothed down my hair (because I’m sure it’s all static and up) and frowned. It wouldn’t come down as I wanted to and cursed softly. Why does my hair never cooperate when I’m with my crush? For a while, no one said anything. I was minding my will-forsaken hair and Sehun was probably thinking about some deep, serious stuff he always thinks.

“You’re really pretty, you know?” Sehun finally said, eyes downcast.

I froze for a minute I think, too stunned to say or do anything. I think I must’ve misheard him saying I’m pretty. “Shut up.” I just replied, thinking he just made a joke. We were somewhere in the back row and as noticeable as he was, no one had bothered our alone time. Which was fine by me because our moments were always interrupted by the usual disturbance of howling and teasing. Now that I’ve noticed, my friends and his friends weren’t around. Wonder where they went…

“But you are. Really.” He said and this time his gaze met mine, which made my face red and hot.

Rolling my eyes, I put on my poker face. “Says who? You? Oh please!” I laughed and smacked him, waiting to hear him laugh too but it never came.

“I’m serious.”

“I am too.” I sighed. “You’re just saying that… I’m ugly Sehun-ah. Inside and especially outside.”

At this, Sehun had scrunched up his nose and his brows frown in annoyance. He shifted his seating position until he was facing the window. The rain had finally stopped but the sun was still covered by the dark clouds. It would rain again. I knew.

“I don’t get it. Why are you always pushing me away?”

I was startled. Sehun said something weird but very much true about me. I don’t know how he knew but instead of denying it, I smiled. “You’re the first person to ever notice that. Wow. I’m quite surprise.”

He looked at me sternly now. It was kind of scary. “I may look like it, but I’m not dumb Soojung.”

“I didn’t say anything. No need to be defensive.”

Silence.

I sighed again. “It’s easier for me, okay? So when you—or people in general—start leaving, I’ve already said my goodbye. I’m giving you a warning. I know this will happen sooner or later, so by pushing you away, I’ve already given you a reason not to get close to me.”

“But I have never—“

“It’s not too late to go, Sehun. I’m telling you to leave me.”

“I won’t leave you. I swear—“ He was still staring at me but it was softer now.

“That’s what they all say at first. Then they start distancing themselves and just like how fast they’d introduce themselves, they’re gone. Goodbye forever.”

“I won’t do that to you.” Sehun said and just on cue, thunder roared from the sky. It started raining again. I really wanted to believe myself it won’t rain. But it didn’t and I knew then what would happen in the future.

“I know.” I smiled a sad smile. My eyes were outside now. “I don’t want to do it to you too.” 


note1. i am on a ing roll. 

note2. some i found in my folder. i may, or may have not, posted this one on my blog@wordpress. i don't remember.

note3. COOOKIESSS

note4. ALSO, YOU GUYS ARE THE BOMB! THANK YOU FOR THE COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIPTIONS AND PROMPTS AND EVERYTHING. HERE HAVE MY COOKIES!