once bitten and twice shy

to my heart he carries the key

 

titleonce bitten and twice shy

genre: angst

pairing: sehun/krystal

words: 511

summaryIt was enough for them, especially for Sehun, that they see each other, talk, smile, laugh and not touch.


 

"I'll break your face if you break my heart," is what Jung Soojung said to Oh Sehun when he confessed to her. Soojung had a history of violence throughout freshman and sophomore year of high school and it wasn't much of a news to him anymore if he would be honest, but hearing it straight from her and seeing enunciate the words with such ferosity made his hair stand up. However, Sehun had always been an interesting character. He knew that he and Soojung were alike in almost everything and knew that they were going to get along quite well. Instead of fearing her threat, he took it as a challenge, an invite to see if he could live to please her. As he was, Sehun merely shrugged and replied "I wouldn't, even if I tried," and left after the warning bell for the sixth class rung.

The next day, they started dating.

Dating, for Sehun, was subjective. It was never about I love yous, emotions and intimacy. People believed that by expressing love, by showing it publicly would help a relationship build and grow. Most of these public relationships, however, often led to non-planned pregnancy. He might not be a romantic but Sehun was smart. He knew there were frothy, silly things that compensated for the lack of lust, or some mistake love, in a relationship. He believed that "actions spoke louder volumes than words will ever." Besides, Soojung was known to be cold-hearted and disliked intimacy. He too disliked public affections. It weired him out. So being intimate was not really a problem for Soojung and Sehun. It was enough for them, especially for Sehun, that they see each other, talk, smile, laugh and not touch. On rare occasions they would hold hands while saying nothing. It was the silence that made all the difference. Soojung didn't need to find a reason to talk around Sehun for he understood the gleam of her eyes and the curve of her lips and the words that hung in the air. They were perfect for each other, Sehun thought.

But because Soojung was Jung Soojung, rumors circulated the stoic couple. Mostly and always, Soojung was evil. Tricking poor, dear Sehun into thinking that she actually cares for him but plans on disposing him later. Soojung was not bothered by it one bit. Sehun was another story. He argued that they were being irrational and they didn't know her like he did. She said it had always been like that, the stories of her wasn't any different from when he arrived and when they ended up to this point. "I'm used to it," she said. You will too. Her eyes said.

Sehun did not want to get used to it. But he did, eventually. 

Months later, Sehun realized he and Soojung was not perfect for each other. Soojung was broken and bruised for a long time now and Sehun had started to feel numb. He was becoming like her. Becoming Soojung meant he was less human and more robot. He wanted out. He could not bear the thought of losing his heart if it meant being with her. 

After all, two wrongs didn't make a right.

 


note1. i really wanted to add this, "soojung had no heart for sehun to break" but everything was just too perfect i had to stop before i ruined it further

note2. i know i said taestal but i couldn't resist.

note3. i was listening to don't go breaking my heart hence the first line but the title is from last christmas.

note4. i was surprised by the amount of comments i received from the last one. i mean wow, that's a first tbh.

note5. thanks guys~ leaves everyone sloppy kisses