Heads or Tails?

Fall's First Dusk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho sat on the porch steps watching light drops of rain fall to the rippling puddle. It was far too early to get mopey but today wasn't just any day, it was the day Jaejoong would tie the knot with someone else. Truly, he wasn't much of a masochist but if it meant accepting that reality as much as it kills, maybe he'd go.



Jaejoong flipped a coin as he depended on fate to decide on where he belongs. The thing with taking that risk isn't the outcome --of either heads, he escapes to find Yunho; or tails, he commits himself to a lonely married life, but rather the moment the coin slips from his fingertips and twirls midair. You find out what you want.



He looked at his fine reflection in the mirror before heading out to his car. The rain had stopped by the time he had reached the place he visits everyday with hopes that Jaejoong would come by again but it never happened. The park bench where he met Jaejoong was always only occupied by him. Today, he stayed to just hang and rethink about going or not. He still had a good hour before the ceremony starts and he was nervous. Stop dreaming you can getaway with him anymore. He's on for a damn marriage for chrissake! Yunho, blankly staring at falling leaves, waiting for a sign and listening to a monologue in his head as he continued on for long, tallying for going-or-not-going.



The twinkling sound of metal hitting the surface resounded in his ears, as well as the voice of his own mind making him absent-mindedly rebellious.



After quite past an hour at the park, Yunho finally decided he'd go and walked slowly to his car. Was he trying to convince himself otherwise?



Jaejoong decided to escape from the wedding. He ran off, leaving the coin on the marble floor without even looking at it.



The wedding hall was only a few blocks away from the park. While on the way, he saw Jaejoong running towards the direction where he came from, all dressed up and should be waiting at the altar. He took a quick traffic-ruining U-turn and following the runaway groom.



"Hey! You! Runaway groom!" He pulled his window down and drove the same speed as Jaejoong's running, "Where do you think you're going? You have a wedding to attend. And in case you've forgotten, its yours."

"Oh my god! There you are!" Jaejoong slowed down and then he finally stopped to squat on the sidewalk. Yunho got off from his vehicle and approached the exhausted man.

"What do you mean 'There you are!'? Did you really just runaway?" Yunho lift him up and placed him on the passenger seat.

"I... I didn't want to live for anybody else anymore. Do you remember when we first met?" He spoke after a long pause of trying to stable his breathing.

"Of course, I do. That wasn't too long ago, was it?" Yunho joked, "Breathe, Jaejoong. Breathe. Speak later." He just stared at the other man look out the window with a serious expression on his face again. "Park?" Jaejoong nodded in affirmation.



They sat at their bench at each end. Staring quietly at the silhouettes of branches. Jaejoong life his legs up and sat facing Yunho, "The moment I gave you that invitation, I thought to myself, 'If he comes, I'm gonna ditch the wedding.' because I never thought you'd actually come."

Nothing would ever make you feel better than having a slow, trusty conversation with the person who has become the love of you life.

"Do you know how weird this is?"

"Trust me, there's more to weird than us and this situation. But yeah, at some point I came to think of it as that."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter