Fall's First Dusk

Fall's First Dusk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


I walked past a roll of dancing dried leaves at fall's first dusk. I didn't know if it was just me but everything was sepia in my vision and it made me feel loneliness all of a sudden. I missed being in a relationship, I figured when I felt my heart sink a little when a couple passed by as I sat down on an empty park bench.

It's been over a year since my last unsuccessful relationship and I don't feel a tad bit sad about its end for as long as I can actually remember. Since then, I've told my self to wait and just let things happen for a change. And so far, nothing's really happening and now I'm feeling this longing to be held in arms that makes you feel secure with unspoken promises of protecting you always.


Yunho breathed deeply. Suddenly, his train of thought was interrupted by a melodious voice, "Looks sepia, doesn't it?"

He sat up properly and looked at the stranger with eyes full of mixed expressions. Shock, curiosity, and a glimpse of happiness. He coughed when he realized he wasn't replying, "U-uh... Yes. You see it too?" And then he smiled as the stranger turned his head to meet his gaze.

"Actually, its the feel of fall's dusk that amazes me more." he smiled back as he fixed his glasses on the bridge of his nose, "Jaejoong. Kim Jaejoong," then stretched out his hand.

"Jung Yunho," he replied and took his new acquaintance's hand to shake it. "So, what is it about dusk that gets to you?" Its funny how you feel more comfortable with a complete stranger despite all the friends you have. What's even funnier is how willing you become to share your time with him. And what's weird? You don't want to leave because you fear that you might not see him again. He wanted to see him again. His face glowed and his red lips contrasted it gracefully. His smile was quite hypnotizing and-- wait, stop.

"I'm not really sure..." Jaejoong answered, "Have you experienced that?" he paused, his pace was slow as the soft breeze that brushed his beautiful face. "Liking how something feels but you can't quite put a finger on why you do..."

"Yes, I think I have." Yunho thought a while about his answer, "Being in the presence of an interesting stranger. I like it a lot." He felt the unwavering gaze of the man on the other end of the bench on him.


His face is unbelievably calm, his aura felt mysterious, honestly handsome too. Jaejoong thought. Sly and quite refreshing. Different. Curious. An incredibly good looking flirt. What? Stop. "And the smell of the grass when it just rained." He looked away.

Yunho nodded, "Androgynous people." Jaejoong chuckled and left the heavy conversation hanging, "Yes?"

He shook his head, "What else is there?"

"The smell of old books and brewed coffee."

"Neon lights," Jaejoong thought aloud.

"But when you look at them long enough your eyes hurt."

"True, but I still like them."

"This

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter