You're My Paradise.

Tonight.

Sungyeol

I locked the door behind me and looked out as I heard Saemi's voice ring out, 'Jeogiyo Sungyeol! '

Her voice was one I'd never forget. I smiled and walked over to her. She looked like she did everyday, beautiful.

Saemi could literally wear anything and look wonderful. She didn't dress up everyday,  unlike her friends who acted as if they were going to a red carpet event everyday. She dressed sensible and that's what I like about her.

"Ready for another day at the wonderful place called school?" I asked as I jokingly put my arm around her shoulders, pulling her in as we walked side by side. We fit perfectly together.

'I still wish you wouldn't hang around all alone at lunch, you know you can sit with me right?' She said to me and I looked down and shrugged my shoulders.

"You know I don't like those girls, they're not fun enough. They don't see things the way you and I do, Saemi." I shook my head and whispered loudly as a joke, "We're special!"

I laughed a bit as we continued walking. We turned a corner, we were almost there with time to spare. 

"Maybe you should come sit with me. I learnt a new song on the guitar last night, I want your opinion!" I'm always trying to get her to sit with me, but her friends were persistant and I didn't really want to force her to do anything she didn't want to. Besides, I had a great time making fun of the people at her table while listening to music.

I guess I'd be stuck sitting by myself again, oh well.

 

Saemi

I wanted to sit with him but I couldn't just leave my sister after telling her I'd sit with her.

"Mianhe." 

We split our ways after he walked me to my first class of the day.

I sat down in my normal seat in the front and discreetly took out my phone. I hope the teacher didn't see me.

I scrolled down to my sister's number and clicked the text button, 'Dongsaeng, you'll have to do without me today, okay? I'll see you after school.'

One day wouldn't hurt anyone.

I clicked send and started taking the notes on the board down.

--

I walked into the cafeteria, my bag resting on my shoulder. I could see my friends out of the corner of my eye but I instead, turned towards Sungyeol's table.

I bit my lip as I approached, he had his guitar case by his side, obviously heading out after eating to play in the hallway.

"You there Mr. Emo?" I chuckled as he looked up and pulled out his earphones.

'Hey, I heard that Sae!' I slid in across from him and pulled my bento box from my bag, placing it on the table.

[A/N here's what she's eating~]

"I brought extra if you want some." I pushed it over so he could see.

'Of course they'd be stars' He laughed at me as I blushed, so what if I was creative?

I waited for him to try some and was rewarded with a moan. Surprised, I looked around with wide eyes. Did anyone hear that?!

'Aish, this is so damn good!' I looked down and smiled, I was glad he liked it. I felt bad about not sitting with him, but I couldn't do it everyday.

We continued to eat my homemade lunch until we were full and I put the containers back in my bag. I'd have to wash them when I got home.

I had caught a few dirty looks from Soyou and the others, excluding Sulli, and I was confused as to why they hated Sungyeol so much. He wasn't a bad person or anything, so why are they treating Yeollie as if he's on Seoul's Most Wanted?

'Looks like your friends are angry, is it my fault?' I knew he was joking, he didn't actually care about their opinions. Usually he would just make fun of them.

He led me down to the empty hallway he's always at, his sanctuary as he likes to call it. He plopped down in front of the lockers, pulling me down gently beside him. I sat quietly as he pulled his guitar out and warmed up a bit. 

'Mind if I sing you something?' I nodded. He was so polite when we weren't around others. It was pretty funny to see his demeanour change once we got out of the cafeteria.

 

Sungyeol

I strummed the guitar a couple of time before going into my song.

This place is a paradise only if you’re here
A paradise that has locked you in against your will
A sad paradise that you won’t go if you’re awake
A paradise that we can be together forever, oh

I finished off and looked over to Saemi but she had her eyes closed, did she not like it? I panicked and nervously twirled the guitar pick in my hand.

'It's all I have so far, but I'm still working on it." She opened her eyes and gave a bright smile, making my lips twitch upwards for a second before I forcefully pressed it into a thin line.

"It's beautiful, I love it."

Inside I was smiling like an idiot.

One day I'd make her mine.