When the Sun Rises

Tonight.

Sungyeol

"Umma! You awake?" I called out while closing my curtains.

I could still feel the smile on my face after seeing Saemi through our windows. Seeing her face every morning is a great way to wake up.

I quickly went into my bathroom and looked into the mirror, blinking a couple of times to wake myself up. Picking up my facecloth and soaking it, I washed my face and dried it before heading down to get a quick bite to eat.

"Mmm, I smell Gaeran Mari." I loved her cooking. I'd probably trade a lot for it, to be honest. I was lucky to get it straight from the pan to my plate. Usually I would take too long getting downstairs and then the food would be cold. The temptation to my lips was strong as Omoni slid the food onto my plate and I lifted up to kissed her on the cheek, making a joke out of how hungry I was.

"Komawo umma, I felt like I would die from starvation, oh no!" She just laughed at me and turned away, putting the pan on the cooler side of the stove top and leaving to go watch a drama. 

I put my dish on the counter and made my way back upstairs to finish getting ready to go to school with Saemi.

 

Saemi

I love waking up early. It's a great chance to see the sun rise and to get in my daily morning jog. It beat staying in at home where there was a risk of seeing the jerk I call my father. I don't know what I did to deserve him, I get amazing grades and I'm a good person! Usually I'm the one who makes other people feel better about themselves but only a walk or Sungyeol can calm me down when I think about him.

Speaking of Sungyeol, it was almost time that he woke up. I blushed at my thoughts. I sound like a creeper, knowing when he woke up but it was pretty obvious when he did since he would always come to his window and look out for me. I'd always be waiting and smile at him.

He has the most beautiful smile in the world and I wish I could perfect it in my drawings but I just couldn't and it bothered me. I swear he could light up the whole school if he smiled there, but he doesn't.

I sighed and walked to the window, pulling my curtains apart and my blinds up, looking out to stunning dark eyes. A smile forced it's way across my face and I couldn't help it; he just lit up my day.

I waved and then quickly moved out of sight, resting my back on my wall and taking a couple of short breaths. Why am I acting like this? I feel like some stupid schoolgirl; he's just my best friend!

I picked my schoolbag up, chuckling at the silly buttons that Sungyeol had pinned on without my knowledge. I honestly don't know what I would do if we were never friends. Things wouldn't be the same, that's for sure!