Smile 2 (Sequel/Ending)

Smile

3 months later



The place was pretty. Grassy field, full of flowers, a cherry blossom tree on a hill and the sun was bright as ever. 

Next to the cherry blossom tree was where my mother's grave was. She left when I was 16, the same year I met Jessica. 

Only me, my father and Jessica knew of this place. When I was little, my father would bring me here and take pictures. 

My father is a photographer too, my mother used to really disapprove of me becoming a photographer like my dad.

She wanted me to take over her job in business, but business wasn't really my thing. 

I held onto the old camera my father used to use. "Jessi!" I called her. I snapped a picture of her as she turned around.

I looked at the picture and smiled. She chuckled. "It's been a long time since I've been here." 

"Yeah.." I gave her a nod. "She probably misses you..." I picked up a flower from the ground and walked over to her.

"She misses you too Tiff." She gave me a warm smile, I moved her hair with my hand and placed the flower above her ear.

I snapped another photo.  "I miss her too." I looked at Jessica with a sad smile. "A lot." 

She tackled me to the ground with a hug. I chuckled. "Ow.." She laughed with me.

 


 

"Mom! I'm home!" Tiffany greeted as she entered the house, with a friend she had just met. 

"Hello sweetie, ...who's this?" Mrs. Hwang was suprised to see Tiffany bringing someone home.

"This is Jessica, she just transfered schools, she came from california! just like us mom!" She smiled widely.

Jessica bowed and introduced herself. "Hi Mrs. Hwang, I'm Jessica Jung." She smiled.

Mrs. Hwang smiled back. "Well, it's nice to meet you Jessica." 

As time passed, Tiffany and Jessica started to get closer and closer ....and closer. 

Jessica decided to visit the hospital on a Saturday morning. She opened the door slowly, trying to not make to much noise.

"...Jessica?"

"Hi Mrs. Hwang." She bowed with a smile. "You're up early, I brought you some soup." 

She smiled and took the soup container from Jessica. "Thank you." She looked around before realizing. "Oh? Tiffany didn't come this time? Where is she?"

Jessica smiled. "I wanted to come alone." she answered.

It was silent for a few minutes, a good kind of silence though. They stared out the window next to the bed, it was really pretty. It was winter at the time.

"You're a good girl, Jessica." Jessica looked over to Mrs. Hwang and smiled. "Thank you."

"Before the day she brought you home, she didn't smile as much as she does now..." Mrs. Hwang started. "I think that day was the first in a very long time that I had seen her smile that brightly." 

"She has a beautiful smile, Mrs.Hwang." Jessica thought about Tiffany's eye smile and smiled too.

"She likes taking photos, just like her father." Mrs.Hwang laughed quietly. "Do you think....when I leave she'll stop?"

Jessica raised a brow in confusion. "Why would she?"

"I've always told her how much I want her to take over my company." She said slowly. "...but now, I just want her to be happy and follow her dream."

Jessica smiled. "I'll make sure she follows her dream." 

"Can you do that for me?" Mrs. Hwang smiled back. "... and take care of her for me, she can be a bit reckless sometimes."

Jessica placed her hand on top of Mrs. Hwang. "I promise."


 



"Why'd you do that?" Tiffany continued to chuckle lightly. 

Jessica kissed Tiffany on her forehead. "I'm sorry, I just wanted a hug." She turned to lay on her back, staring at the beautiful sky. "You know Tiff...., she's really proud of you."

"Hmm?" Tiffany hummed. 

"You always tell yourself that your mom wouldn't like what you're doing but all she ever wanted was for you to follow your dreams and you did Tiff..." Jessica smiled. "She's really proud of you."

"How do you know that?"

"Because she told me." Jessica turned to look at Tiffany. "I promised her to make sure you followed your dreams."

"So you could stay happy." She placed her lips on Tiffany's. She smiled. "Hey..."

Tears were falling out of Tiffany's eyes.

"Tiff.." Jessica moves closer to Tiffany and hugs her tightly.

"She really loved me." She smiled while her tears rolled down her face.

"She did and she still does, Tiff." Jessica smiled and wiped the tears off Tiffany's face with her thumb. "Show me your eye smile again."

Tiffany smiled her eye smile and laughed. "I love you Jessi."

"I love you too."


The two stayed by the cherry blossom tree, sharing laughs until the sun went down.