For real

It Started With A Fan Fiction

“Eonni! Have you heard—oh hi there Chanyeol!”

Shin Hye nudges her brother on the side to greet Krystal back. He seems to be in his own world.

“Hello? Earth to Doby!”

The girl with the resting face rolled her eyes as her greeting wasn’t reciprocated. It was then that he realized that Krystal was mocking him. He could only stick his tongue at her before smiling at the taller girl who is as white as snow.

“Will you stop oggling at Sulli? Like seriously, if I were her, you’re gonna give me the creeps.”

“I’m relieved you’re not Ssul.” Chanyeol retaliated sarcastically with a sulking face.

Shin Hye and Krystal laughed together. This time, it was Sulli’s turn to nudge her bestie. The three, Chanyeol, Sulli and Krystal, were childhood friends and are incoming freshies. They had another guy in the gang. Joonmyeon. But he was a sophomore and is currently an exchange student in Japan.

“So you will be studying here as well, Chanyeol? How come I never knew?”

Sulli pouted at him.  How cute.

“Well…surprise!”

Chanyeol joked, rubbing his nape and shyly smiling at her. Honestly, he forgot talking about himself everytime they talk on the phone or whenever they ‘happen’ to meet each other at the neighborhood. It was always her talking most of the time because Chanyeol is the eager one asking about her whereabouts.

“Anyway,”

Krystal cleared to turn their attention back to her.

“Eonni! Have you heard?! CNBLUE will perform at our school’s upcoming festival!”

“I know, Krystal.”

Shin Hye smiled. Of course she knew it. She remembered a reliable source who told her. In fact, she just talked with the school director and she was assigned to be the part of the logistics team of the event.

 

*Flashback*

Last night…

 

emotional-me: You are in college now, right? I heard CNBLUE will have a mini-concert for college students at Chung Ang University.

Shin-to-the-blue: ASDASDFHJHFENVHFALSKDOPW OMFGGGG REALLY?! ; O ; HOW DID YOU KNOW?! OHMYFREAKINGGOSH I CAN’T FREAKING BREATHE! TELL ME THIS IS NOT TRUE!!! >___<

emotional-me: …I have read in the internet. Plus a relative of mine works at FNC and pretty much tells me the activities of the group so I’m on track ;)

Shin-to-the-blue: I CAN’T FIND THE ARTICLE!!!! UGGHH

emotional-me:  Maybe it was taken down already. You know sasaeng fans. They might cause trouble in that school if they knew.

Shin-to-the-blue: OMFGGGGGG ASJKDHASFHERUINVASMDFAL I’M STUDYING IN THAT SCHOOL!!!

emotional-me:  …Really?

Shin-to-the-blue: YESSSSSS!!! OMFG /fingers crossed/

Shin-to-the-blue: . I JUST EXPOSED WHERE I STUDY.

emotional-me:  HAHAHAHA

emotional-me:  It’s okay. I’m not a bad person >:D lol           

emotional-me:  But if I have the chance to go there, I will look for you and ask you to treat me coffee heh XD

Shin-to-the-blue: You still don’t know my name tho. Haha! >:) Good luck…if you can find me lol

 

*End of flashback*

 

Yong Hwa was fidgeting on his seat, tapping his phone on his lap repetitively. He was still thinking about her conversation with “Shin” last night.

“Hyung, are you okay? You look nervous.”

Min Hyuk raised a brow. He’s acting weird.

He wanted to meet her. She’s so fun to talk to plus he wanted to know whether she will really do what she had told him if ever she sees him.

Before he could answer, their coaster stopped at their destination. The car door opened and was greeted formally by Mr. Han, Chung Ang’s Director for Public Affairs.

“Welcome to Chung Ang University.”

They entered to the back entrance of the school so that they can enter without the trouble of exposing themselves to the students. CNBLUE, together with their manager, came to the university to discuss the details of the event. They were ushered to Mr. Han’s office and straight to his conference room.

The members of the logistics team were totally star-struck by the appearance of the famous boy band. Well, most of them. There was, however, one girl who was quietly sitting on the side. When Yong Hwa had an eye contact with her, she just gave him a small smile and bowed a little to acknowledge his presence. He doesn’t know why but he feels something different with this girl.

After seeing the team squealing and grinning like fools, Mr. Han ordered them to pay respect and so they stood up and bowed for a greeting. CNBLUE gladly greeted them back, as they are excited to be performing in a school’s festival for the first time. Mr. Han then quickly introduced the students who will be responsible in the coordination of the concert.

“…and this is Shin Hye. She will be directly contacting your manager to arrange the schedule of preparations and preferences you might want to include in your performance.”

Pretty. Wait- SHIN?

Yong Hwa would be lying to himself if he doesn’t wish think that this girl is… No. That would be too early to judge.

…or is it?

“Our team will do our best for this event to be successful, Sir.”

She extended her hand which Manager Yoon gladly shook. Shin Hye then turned to the four members who were enthused with the hand shake as well. Yong Hwa was the last and he somehow took a bit longer to shake the girl’s hand. He shook it firmly while remembering in his mind how soft her warm hand was.

When all their schedules are done for the day, Yong Hwa immediately logged into his account to check some new fanfictions. Must have been his habit already. Jong Hyun sighed and just shrugged it off. Jung Shin just snorted a laugh, seeing how strange their leader has been acting today. They all went to their respective rooms to rest.

Yong Hwa was lying down his bed and saw that there is already a new message notification from AFF. He quickly checked his inbox and was surprised that she already messaged him three times.

 

Shin-to-the-blue: Are you online right now,chingu?! T____T

Shin-to-the-blue: ASDSHAFEURVDQLKDJQWIOERJSAMF WHERE ARE YOU I’M DYING TO LET THIS OUT LIKE OMFGGGGGGG

Shin-to-the-blue: YOU’RE THE BEST I CAN’T BELIEVE IT’S TRUE YOU WERE RIGHT CNBLUE WILL BE PERFORMING FOR OUR SCHOOL I JUST CANNOT!!!!!! >_____<

 

A chuckle left his lips. She’s really amusing. He then types his reply and sends it to her.

 

emotional-me:  Hey, hey I’m right here now! /salutes/

Shin-to-the-blue: THANK GOODNESS

emotional-me:  Just got home from work :3

 

Safe answer Yong. At least it’s the truth. You really came home from work. He thought.

 

Shin-to-the-blue: ANYWAYYYYYYY

Shin-to-the-blue: I HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL YOU LIKE OMFG IT WAS SOOO HARD TO HOLD THIS IN BECAUSE—BECAUSE I JUST CAN’T!

emotional-me:  Okay, tell me what is it. You seem to be having a heart attack soon with all those all caps you’re using with me e w e ;;

Shin-to-the-blue: IF YOU WERE A FEW SECONDS LATE I WOULD REALLY HAVE A HEART ATTACK

Shin-to-the-blue:  I CANT FREAKING BREATHE OHMYFREAKINGGOSH

emotional-me:  Tell me first what you have to say before you run out of oxygen lol

Shin-to-the-blue: OKAY OKAY… HERE GOES NOTHING

Shin-to-the-blue:  I SAW CNBLUE TODAY LIKE OHMYGOSH YONG HWA IS JUST A FEW STEPS AWAY FROM ME I CAN’T BELIEVE IT!

 

This time it was Yong Hwa’s turn to almost have a heart attack. She saw me earlier?! Where was she?! Who is she there??! In the corridor? …is she part of the logistics team?!

 

emotional-me: How did that happen? Do you think he noticed you?

 

His reply seems to be casual and just plain, something like being just a busy body, but deep inside he was badly anticipating for her answer.

 

Shin-to-the-blue: ANOTHER GOOD NEWS FOR ME IS THAT I WAS PART OF THE TEAM TO COORDINATE WITH THEIR PERFORMANCE IN OUR SCHOOL! I CAN’T BELIEVE I HAD A MEETING WITH THEM EARLIER

 

Yong Hwa was breathing heavier than usual. He was getting closer with the validation of his assumptions.

 

emotional-me:  How did the meeting go?

Shin-to-the-blue: WE HAD AN EYE CONTACT AND I SMILED AT HIM AND BOWED POLITELY ;-;  OF COURSE JUST LIKE WHAT I HAVE TOLD YOU I TRIED TO ACT NORMAL AS POSSIBLE BUT OH GOSH IT WAS SO HARD NOT TO DAYDREAM DURING THAT TIME

 

That’s it. Yong Hwa had to drink a glass of water after a mini heart attack. When he came back, she had another message for him.

 

Shin-to-the-blue: I EVEN SHOOK THEIR HANDS AND PROMISED THEM THAT OUR TEAM WILL DO OUR BEST IN THIS EVENT  O U O ;; I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING I’M SOOO LUCKY

 

He was staring at his phone screen in awe. I can’t believe it too.

 

Shin-to-the-blue: HEYYY YOU STILL THURR MAH FRIEND?! ; O ;

 

When the realization finally sank into him, Yong Hwa couldn’t help but smile. This is going to be interesting. Shin Hye, let’s be friends for real! ;)

 

emotional-me:  Oh, yes I’m still here. Good luck in your event! I hope you have fun ;)

 

---

Author’s Note: Ohhaidurr my dear readers OuO I know it’s been soooo long ;-; I am really sorry for my veerrrryyyy long absence in updating this fic and all my other ongoing stories T___T To tell you the truth I have lost my muse in writing for quite some time so I wasn’t able to continue ;-; But right now hopefully I’m slowly getting back on track and as a peace offering here goes an update for you ^^ I hope you enjoyed it and please do comment on how you think of this story. Comments drive me to update faster tbh ;; It is for me to know whether people are still reading for it and anticipating for this ;-; so yeah. And upvote this also if you like my story ;-; that would be a great reward for me OuO

As always, thank you to all those who read, subscribed, commented and upvoted. Keep it coming guise ^o^