Chapter 8- A simple question...?

Chosen to protect

“I believe I said no…” Erica turned her back towards manager Hyung.

“Listen! I’m your boss when master John isn’t-“

“I believe not sir, I respect my elders, but this is a personal thing; I can’t do this!”

Erica and manager Hyung were arguing back and forth. During a performance, an important backup dancer injured his foot during face so they needed someone to fill in. Manager Hyung wanted her to replace the backup dancer, but she continuously refused.  JR was standing between them to make sure they didn’t start throwing fist.

“You know, you’re being quite selfish!”

“No, I’m not. I can’t dance that’s why!”

“You guys we only have about 4 minutes left until we have to go back on” Minhyun stated before getting ready to go.

“Please, Erica, no one else can do it at the moment.” Ren grabbed her hands and put on his best aygeo face.

“No! Must… resist …Urgh so cute… must resist.” She tried to look away but he pulled her closer.

“A little more Ren!”

“Please~” Ren whispered in her ear.

“Urmm…..Uh… Fine… I’ll do it but I gotta wear the hoodie and sunglasses over my face. I know some of the people that came to the concert.” She slowly walked back to the makeup room. JR tried to follow her, but was pulled onto the stage to get into position.

“Urgh I’m going to regret this highly…” Erica was pushed on the stage by one of the other back up dancers. She automatically started to dance the necessary parts. ‘She’s doing fine. I wonder why she was-…Oh no...’ Ren started to worry when Erica started to freeze up during the middle of the song.

‘So…so…many people are watching me…’ she awkwardly moved to the music until her rabbit bit her. She jumped back into the beat of the song. “Owww…..owwww…Owww good rabbit...” Once the song was over, they all bowed. Erica could notice a glare coming from one of the people sitting in the front row.

Why was she staring at me…” she walked off stage before getting a good look at the fan.

“NOW WAS THAT SO BAD HUH?!” Manager Hyung yelled at Erica for being so defiant from before.

“And why do you have your rabbit with you instead of your hamster.”

“How are you able to fit that rabbit in your hoodie anyway?” Baekho jumped at the chance to pet the bunny. Erica just shrugged as an answer for both question.

“You did well, but why did you freeze up like that on stage?” Ren asked worriedly.

“I’m not good in front of crowds…” she muttered awkwardly opening up the back stage door.

“EEEEEEE, LOOK EVERYONE ITS NU’EST” “OMFG, THEY ARE SO CUTE AND HOT” “CAN I HAVE YOUR AUTO GRAPH JR” “BE MINE”

Fan girls were at both sides of them. The guys were kind enough to sign some of their items. Although, Erica just stood at the door of the car making sure none of them could see her. Once the guys were done signing, she opened the door for JR then Baekho, Minhyun, Ren, and Aron. One of the fans threw flowers at her causing the sunglasses to come off.

“IS THEIR GUIDE A GIRL OR BOY SOMEONE TAKE A PICTURE!”

“IT BETTER NOT BE A GIRL!” She covered her face before anyone could recognize her and jumped in the car.

“Erica, are you ok?!” JR checked her face to see if she was bleeding.

“Yea, I’m ok, Oh these are for you guy” she handed him the flowers.  They only laughed at her unconcern, while she looked in the side mirrors as she drove. The fans that threw the flowers at her were standing in the street. She saw them glare angrily at her. ‘I wonder what I did to deserve that.’

 

“MMmmmm!  I can’t wait to lie down ~” Minhyun stretched his arms as they walked inside the house.

“ERICA I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU!” yelled a strange figure in the dark. Aron quickly the lights to see who it was. Erica’s sunglasses slide off her face while she dropped to the floor backing towards a wall.

“H-h-how did you get in…?” she said in fear.

 It was no one other than Breezy, she was taller than Erica, had longer hair, and was light skinned as well.

“IT’S NOT HARD WHEN YOU KNOW THE GIRL WHO PUT ON THE EXTRA LOCKS!” she kept walking towards Erica in anger, JR and Ren shielded Erica from her. It was a failed attempt because she picked them both up and moved them to the side.

“WHY IS EVERYONE HERE SO STRONG?!” whined Ren trying to help Erica, but failing each time.

“Umm… Who are you?” Minhyun asked while watching Erica shiver in fear.

“Oh, opps sorry I forgot” she snapped out of it.

“HI! I’m Breezy, I’m 16 years of age and I’m one of your biggest fan~ And Erica’s little sister~!” she said jumping up and down.

“Ah, that would explain the jacket” Aron said while Erica tried to get away.

Breezy went back over to Erica before she could escape. Erica looked away as she glared at her.

“So, I’m guessing you’re the fan who threw the roses at me, huh?” she chuckled trying to change the subject.

“No, but I wish I was. My own sister didn’t tell me this of all things!”

“Why? Why! Of all things you do not tell me, this has to be one of them. I thought you trusted me, of all people. And you keep this from me; you know I was worried sick about you, thinking you went on a dangerous mission but instead” Breezy kept yelling at her until 20 minutes had passed.

“Excuse me, noona?” Breezy turned around to face Ren.

“Can you not be mad at Erica, it’s not her fault, it’s our fault b-because of Manager is such a meanie” he started to tear up making Breezy blush madly.

“No don’t cry don’t I won’t yell at her no more just don’t cry “she said trying to comfort Ren.

Minhyun and Baekho got bored and started playing video games, while Aron watched JR shake Erica back to life.

“Erica! E-r-i-c-a! Wake up” he shook her violently until she came back to.

“Orf… Is she done? I usually see the white light when she’s yelling at me.” She rubbed her head with a blank face staring at a JR.

“Will you forgive Erica, please Noona~” Ren gave her a peck on the cheek making her blush madly and nod.

Breezy sat next to Erica with her face on fire. “E-E-Erica I forgive… J-just don’t do this ever again” Erica gave her a hug signaling her forgiveness.

“Ok, since that’s done I’ve gotta go cook dinner” Erica walked off to the kitchen. Terry hopped out of the hoodie and jumped onto the couch to say ‘Hi’ to Breezy. He waved his left ear to say hi.

“Aww, Terry you’re traveling with Erica now I didn’t know. I remember when you were just a bunny.” Breezy patted the bunny.

“Aren’t you gonna help Erica?” Baekho slide over to pet him to.

“I can’t cook, besides Erica is a great cook. I’m just good at anything that deals with fashion.” Minhyun started to stare at her outfit. It was very different, but caught his eye. JR silently went to the kitchen while everyone was getting to know Breezy.

“Let’s see…. Oh this is good for stir fry.” Erica was getting ready to fry when JR came in. She stopped to see who it was and quickly went back to the pan.

“I came to see if you needed any help, but it looks like you’re almost done.” He sat at the counter.

“Yea, that was nice of you through. I just made stir fry chicken and rice and some sweet tea. It’s Breezy’s favorite so I thought it would be the best way to apologize to her.” She started to make the plates.

“Why didn’t you tell her about it?” He cupped his cheek. “Actually, why don’t you tell us much?”

“I don’t understand the question.” Trying to reach the soy sauce, but JR got it causing her to fall onto his chest.

“Orf… Sorry about that.” She tried to go back to cooking, but JR embraced her.

“I mean like this, whenever I try to get close to you… You push me away…” he let her go wishing he could hold her more.

“Mmmm…Confused…? I really am right now?”  She went to finish the rest of dinner. JR went back over to his seat and laid his head down. “Never mind….” He muttered. Erica honestly didn’t have a clue what he was talking about, while JR covered his face from the red blush he wore. Once she was done, she sat next to him mixing the tea pitcher. Bumping into him on purpose to get his attention, she succeed.

“What?” he muttered.

“Help me stir this please” she placed his hand on the spoon and made him stir it. Aron spied on them for a few minutes; then walked back to the rest. ‘At least he’s trying’

“So…” After dinner everyone went to do their own thing. Baekho played on the laptop to check fan mail. Minhyun talked with Breezy about fashion trends in America. Ren went to practice some more in the dance room. Aron went to his room to write a report on the book he finished. JR and Erica watched T.V on the couch. Erica wasn’t really watching it; she was half asleep reading a fan fiction on her phone.

“Your Erica’s sister right?” Minhyun came up with an idea.

“Yea, Why?”

“Just one thing, how do you make her blush?”

“Huh?” she titled her head in confusion.

“We’ve know her for about a month and a half. She hasn’t blushed or even opened up to us. So I just wanted to have a way to get her to; you know?” He really just wanted something to use against her besides tickling her.

“Well… Just say ‘I like you’ or ‘I love you’ and she’ll blush. I think that’s the only thing besides extreme embarrassment.” She gestured him to follow her down the stairs to show him.

 Breezy stood in front of Erica while Minhyun stayed on the stairs. Erica turned from her phone to look at her. “Yes? Is there something I can help you with?” JR turned to see what the younger girl had in plan. “Erica~ I love you~” she gave her a big hug causing Erica to blush a bright red. JR was shocked to see her blush like that, he quickly took a picture. ‘Cute’ was the only thing JR thought as he looked at Erica blush harder as Breezy continued to hug her. Once she let go Erica started to mumble. “…I…chu…to…”  Breezy couldn’t hear her so she asked her to speak up.  Erica sighed and spoke up.

“I love chu to…” she buried her face in the pillow hoping for the blush to fade. Breezy walked back up the stairs to Minhyun.

“Why does she blush when you say those words?”

“It’s because she doesn’t hear them very often. Her parents aren’t around her that much and her sister is always gone. So when I tell her it she blushes; she might not look like she liked it, but she loves to hear those words.” Breezy giggled at her explanation and went to the bathroom to change into her pajamas.

 Erica said she would take her home in the morning because she was tried from the dance she did that night. Minhyun started to text the others to ask Breezy questions about Erica so they could find out information on her. Since it appeared to Minhyun; that she herself wasn’t going to tell them anything.

Once Ren got the message he finished the last parts of action and headed up the stairs. Breezy came out the bathroom just in time “hey breezy can I ask you something?” Ren didn’t know what to ask so he just thought at the top of his head.

“Yea, what is it?” she said while tying her scarf on her head.

He started to blush when he thought of one “d-do you know what types of guys Erica likes?”

She raised an eyebrow ‘so one of them already like you huh~’ she thought it was cute that he wanted to know this. “She likes guys who like affection, that are kind, and easy to be with.” Ren smiled knowing that he was the description of at least two things. “Why did you want to know that? Curious weren’t you huh~” He nodded in response as he ran up the stairs to Minhyun. “I wonder what’s going on?” she walked to the area where Erica and JR were located. Erica was asleep and JR was placing a blanket over her.

“She sleeps anywhere so easily” he let out a sigh after turning the couch into a bed and sitting back on it. Breezy walked over to see if Erica had any pillows, but she didn’t only plushies; she knew it. She let out a sigh knowing they would have to use the Pikachu. Once JR got the text he looked over at Breezy “Hey umm Breezy?” he said while looking at the phone still. She hummed in response.

“What are Erica’s favorite foods?” he read the question in the text.

“Umm… that would be chicken, rice, and broccoli, actually it’s a lot. I’ll just tell you she doesn’t like tomatoes or sour stuff.”  “Oh” he said getting up to go upstairs.

“Why-“

“Because when we have a thank you party for her we’ll know what to get” he gave her a small smile and went up the stairs. She got underneath the blanket wondering why they were asking her all these questions instead of Erica. “Hey, wake up for a minute” she whispered in the older girl’s ear. She groaned in response. “I think their trying to get some facts on you, why haven’t you told them anything about yourself.” She shrugged “They never asked…” she faded back into the darkness. Breezy let out a deep sigh “Typical you” she opened up her phone look at her email. She saw one that said K-con, a convention that celebrated K-pop; once she opened it she saw that Nu’est was going to perform there. She started thinking of a plan to get there.

“Hey Breezy~” Baekho came down with the bunny following him; they were very close because Terry liked his hair.

I have an idea~” she thought as she watched him get closer towards her. “Yes~?”

“When’s her birthday?”

“In August~” she said while looking at her phone.

“…..” Baekho stared at her waiting for her to tell him which day it was.

“Hmm…” she started to blush from it.

“Aren’t you going to tell me which day?” he bluntly stated.

“I will tell you… on one condition…”

“What is that?” he tilted his head.

“You have to persuade Erica into taking me with you guys to K-Con. Then I will tell you any information about her you want to know good night.” She pulled the covers over her head.

“Hmmm…” he walked back up the stairs to the rest. Minhyun, JR, and Run were telling each other about what they found out. JR slightly blushed at the information Ren told him.

“Hey look whose back~” Minhyun said eagerly “did you get anything?” Baekho shook his head.

“She said she wouldn’t tell us anything unless…”  Terry sat in his lap waiting to be patted.

“Unless what?” Minhyun waited for the answer.

“She wants to go to K-Con with us, so we have to persuade Erica to let her go. Easy right.” He gave a weak smile.

That should be easy for me~” Ren thought about ways to get Erica to let her go.

“You do realize it would be easier just to ask her, right?” Aron came out of the room with his laptop. “Just ask her in the morning and she’ll tell you anything you wanna know.”

They all thought about it and just brushed his idea of to the side. JR wondered if that would be the best way, while Minhyun and Baekho planned out things to get her to let Breezy go. ‘This should be fun. I wonder what Ren and JR will do next?” Aron walked back to his room to go to bed.

“Mmmm…” Erica stretched her right arm as she woke up.

“Morning~!” Ren leaned over to greet her.

“…..” she rubbed her eyes trying to figure out how she ended up on Ren’s ‘soft and warm’ lap.

“Ren…. What’s going on?”

“Oh~ I didn’t want to wake you up because you were slightly off the bed. So I positioned you on my lap, comfy right~?”  He placed one arm around her side to make sure she didn’t slip off.

“Ummm… thanks” she looked around for the others.

“Oh everyone went to the dance studio this morning. I already practiced last night.” He started to play with her messy hair. ‘This feels so familiar’ lying on someone’s lap while they played with her hair was one of her favorite things to do.

Flashback

Erica you’re so cute~” he played with her hair as she drafted off to sleep.

“No… Erica’s not cute… Erica’s just Erica” she mumbled.

“Well then, your cute to me and only me” he held her tightly; she hummed in response to the hug.

“This feels so nice…”

End of flashback

“This feels so nice…” she said in a low mumble.

“What was that?” He tilted his head. She shot up realizing what she just said. ‘Urgh…. My silly memories… wish I could forget.’ She let out a soft sigh and walked to the kitchen followed by Ren. “Oh, everyone ate breakfast, well not you so…” he fixed her some cereal.

“Thank you” she started blankly at the bowl. The silence started to get awkward; Ren kept staring at her waiting for her to eat. Erica just sat there wondering why she would remember such a memory. ‘Now what am I going to do now… I feel slightly sad, I hate that memory.”    

“Erica…” Ren looked down.

“Huh?”

“You don’t like me do you?” he looked at her with his eyes half open.

“What gave you that idea?”

“This morning… you got up really quick like you wanted to get away from me; now you’re not eating the food I got for you…” she mentally slapped herself ‘oppsy’

“S-sorry Rennie, I just had a bad memory pop back up so my mind is kind of wondering”

“That’s not answering my question” he gave her a stern look.

“Ren, why would I not like you? You and JR are my favorite people in the group, plus when we first met you were very easy to get along with. So, yes I do like you.” She ate the cereal, Ren smiled as his heartbeat increased in speed ‘she said she liked me.”

“Ok everyone, Ren is doing his job, so now it’s our turn.” Minhyun held up his fist in a hwaiting pose.  Breezy and Baekho did it as well. JR wasn’t going to help because he had something else in mind.

“Operation get Breezy to K-con is a go.” JR ignored them and went upstairs. He saw Erica in the kitchen eating while Ren sat next to her talking. He felt a bit jealous to see how well they get along and had to admit that he wished he could be all affectionate like Ren. But he wasn’t the cute maknea, he was the leader and the leader had to set an example for the others.

“Tsk, Tsk, why aren’t you over there with them?” Aron asked his depressed leader. He shrugged in response as they watched the others try and convince Erica.

First up was Minhyun, he walked over to Erica with his hands behind his back. She looked to the side with a confused face.

“Erica we brought you something~” he rocked back and forth on his heels. She titled her head while biting the spoon.

“Tadah~ A Pikachu bow!” he showed her the bow Breezy made for her. Erica’s eyes shined at the sight of the cute bow. ‘It smells like breezy... She made this.”

Wow really thank you!” he put the bow in her hair. “Don’t thank me thank Breezy she came up with the idea.” He smiled and walked to the living room. Erica looked at Ren for an answer, but he just shrugged. “I have no idea”

She went to go wash out her dish, but Baekho grabbed it from her “I’ll do the dishes you just relax~” he smiled at her before starting to clean them as she walked to the back door. ‘This is Breezy’s idea isn’t it…? All they had to do was ask me, geez” Terry hopped behind her and tugged on her pants.

“Hmm…?” Terry tapped the ground to tell her a message. “*Tap tap…tap…taptaptap…taptap...TAPTAP…tap..?”

“You said ‘Can I go to K-Con with you mommy?’  Is that right?” He nodded.

“Yea, I’ll bring you~ Hunny has to go to the Vet for a few…. Wait what’s K-Con?” He tapped another message.

“’It’s a convention that celebrates ‘Kpop’. Nu’est will perform at there.’”

“Where is it at? And how do you know all this information?”

“’It’s in California, because Aunt Breezy was talking about it last night.’”

“That explains a lot, good Terry I’ll let you go and give you an extra corn today for telling me all this. Now go and practice your fighting moves in the dance studio. I have a feeling we’re going to be on our best behavior there~” she petted him and he went back in the house to do as he was told.

Now I see why everyone is acting this way.’ She walked back inside the house to see Aron waiting for her.

“Hey, Erica you have a minute?”

“Yea” she closed the door.

“Can we go out to the CVS, I have to get some personal items” he looked away from her.

“Sure just let me get everyone-“he interrupted her.

“Can we just go together, I don’t want the others to know what I need…” he blushed.  She nodded understanding what he meant and went to get ready. They slipped out the door without anyone, but Breezy noticing. ‘I wonder where there going~?”

At the store, Aron was looking for the correct aisle, while Erica stayed in the front of the store. For once she looked like a girl, maybe because Aron was in disguise so they didn’t have to worry about any fans today. He had on a black cap with sunglasses and a bandana around his neck. Erica wore a long shelve Pikachu shirt, with jeans and a yellow jacket. She put her hair in two pig tails, leaving the back and front of her hair out. She wanted to see what he was buying, but she respected his privacy.

“Owwww... Move over some…” Minhyun whined being cramped behind a wall. Breezy told everyone that Erica and Aron left out. “Shhhhhhs… I don’t want them to see us.” She followed them to see what Aron was up to. Breezy made sure no one was able to recognize any of them. She was already good at cosplay so she just did her usually thing.

“Hmmm… Don’t you think they just went to the store just to get supplies or something?” JR questioned.

“If they were don’t you think she would have told us that?” Ren watched Erica closely making sure not to take his eyes off her. ‘I wonder what was so important’

“Aron hyung are you done yet? I’m tired of waiting.” Erica whined when he walked up to her.

“Aww~ I’m done sweetie ok~” he laughed at his own words.

“Eh? That’s new. I’m not use to pet names blah.” They walked out the store. Breezy, Baekho, and Minhyun hid behind the wall. JR and Ren watched the two very closely as they approached the exit. Breezy pulled them back before getting spotted.

“So, what did you have to get?” Aron looked the other way and handed her the bag. Inside was facial mask, deodorant, and male care products. “Oh! Umm… I see why you didn’t want the rest to see.” She gave him the bag back. They walked in silence until Erica stopped in front of a store. In the window it had a pretty necklace with a heart.

“If you want it, I can get you it~” Aron bent down to be her height and smiled. She shook her head no “Don’t it’ll only bring back memories…”

“What memories?”

Breezy noticed the store they stopped in front of and realized why Erica looked sad all of a sudden.

“Does she want that necklace?” Ren laid his head on top of Breezy’s.

“No, far from it…” JR looked at the depression in her eyes. ‘I really don’t like it when she’s said… I wonder what’s wrong…’ He then noticed a ‘Hug Me’ Pikachu at one of the booths. ‘Hmm…’

“Breezy, explain?” Baekho wanted to know.

“You see…”

“In 10th grade, I had a crush on this guy. Before I wanted to date him I wanted to be friends with him. Which I did blah blah blah…” Aron and Erica were walking back to the house; now and then she would stop to tell the story with hand movements. “We got extremely close to the point I told my friends that I liked him. He started to give me gifts and visa verse, now I was just waiting for him to ask me out. But it never came…”

“Huh?” Aron stopped. “Why not?”

“B-because I was betrayed…” she looked up at him with sadness in her eyes. “When we were going to the movies… we waited for the third person to come… I didn’t know who she was he just said don’t worry…”

Flash Back

Sigh* When is she getting here? The movie is about to start!”

“She’s coming she’s coming… but when she gets here I have to tell you something.” The rain started to come down hard while they waited in the lobby. Then finally the doors opened and the person they were waiting for ran up to them.

“Cha-Cha~!” Erica jumped to her and gave her a big hug. She was really close to her and treated her just like a sister.

“Oh… Hi Erica Hun…” she looked down while giving Erica a soft hug.

“What’s wrong? This is going to be fun! We get to hang out-“

“Erica…” The male started off. She hummed in response.

“The reason why I asked Cha to come to the movies today is because…I wanted to tell you… Were back together, we just made up three days ago.” He looked at her with sad eyes.

“W-what? Cha I thought I told you about…about”

“I know you did but… I couldn’t stand seeing him with another woman… Seeing you with him just…just… I finally realized that I made a mistake… Of letting him go.”

“B-but you were over her…” she dropped to her knees with tears forming in her eyes.

“I wasn’t in total, but… I do have feelings for you…but not as strong as the feelings I have for her… I’m sorry…”

“Come on, the movie is about to start.” Cha pulled him to the theater. He looked back to see Erica sitting on the ground watching them go into the theater.

“B-but…I thought… you told me… that… you liked me…no has told me that… don’t go… please…” she walked out the lobby into the pouring rain.  She couldn’t drive at the time so she walked 24 miles in the pouring rain crying. No one noticed her tears, just thinking it was rain.

End of Flash Back

“After that day, she… didn’t like storms or thunder, but she loves the rain. I wish you could have seen her before that event. Erica was a lot more fun and lively than she is now. Even with all the crap that was around her she would always make sure to put on a smile. Nowadays, she’s very closed and doesn’t believe in love that much…” They walked to the house only a few paces behind the other two. JR couldn’t believe such a thing could happen to someone as nice as her. He continued to shake his head in disbelieve meant though out the whole story.

“Erica…” Ren couldn’t believe what he just heard; watching Erica walk in depression was killing him.

“People can be so cruel to others…” Minhyun walked beside Breezy rubbing her back for comfort.

“….” Baekho walked in silence the whole time.

“So now you know why I didn’t want you to buy that necklace.” She opened the door to the house. Aron nodded his head with one of his hands covering his face. “It’s ok now… I forgave them so were still friends… and that’s all I’ll ever be to him… so I’m ok” she gave him a weak smile. Aron couldn’t take it anymore and pulled her into a hug.

“I’m so sorry…” he rubbed the top of her head.

“It’s…its ok…” she thought to herself ‘maybe this is how it feels to have an older brother who cares for you.’

“WHAT SHE ACTUALLY FORGAVE THEM!” Ren yelled outside the window blowing there cover. ‘Wow… She’s a truly nice person.’ JR thought to himself while calming the maknea down.

Breezy only sighed knowing that they were found out. When they walked inside the house Erica was sitting on the couch with her legs and arms crossed. Aron sat on the arm of the couch reading his book. She didn’t look pleased.

“Hey big sis~ Were home!” Breezy tried to lighten up the air. She didn’t move a muscle.

“Why did you take them out without my permission?”

“B-because-“

“You do realize they were in danger and if anything were to happen to them I would have been accountable for it, am I correct?”

“Yes…” JR wanted to say something but Erica continued.

“The reason I went out was because Aron had to pick up stuff for his face, nothing else to it. The reason you guys went out was to spy on us. Correct?” They nodded. “I see how much trust you guys have in me” she spoke in a cold tone the whole time.

“I-I- I’m sorry Erica I promise I won’t do this again.” Erica walked up to the younger female and gave her a hug.

“Just next time don’t make me worry too much, you should know by now why I was given this mission.” Breezy nodded. “Good, now what did you guys want earlier?”

“Can Breezy go to K-Con with us please?” JR blunted.

“Sure, I don’t see why not.”

“See I was right from the beginning, but no one listens to me, right?” Aron said sacristy. The rest just death stared Minhyun, who just turned his head.

“My bad, ha-ha”

 

Later that night, Breezy went back home and packed her things and came back ready to go. Erica took Hunny to the Vet hoping she would be alright. Baekho and Minhyun went to sleep together. It was Minhyun’s turn. Ren, Aron, and Breezy slept in the other room nearest to the back. They wanted to watch a scary movie and it didn’t seem very entertaining. Erica was wide awake watching TV with the blanket wrapped around her. She sat on the floor, in deep thought sighing now and then.

“I see someone can’t sleep.” JR came down the stairs, she nodded.

“So, are you ok?” he sat down next to her.

“Yea, I was just worried that something had happened to you guys…”

“Not about that, Breezy explained to us why you didn’t like that heart necklace.”

“Oh you mean this one…” she opened her hand to show him it. It was faded and had tear drops on it.

“You kept it…” he was very confused.

“Yea… It was the first thing anyone had given to me… while to be more correct.” She cleared . “It’s the first gift I got from someone I liked very much…” she smiled slightly at the thought.

“It didn’t seem like it at the end… did it?” she sighed in response.

“No… but I still like the gift.” Sadness was in her eyes. JR thought this was the perfect time to give her a gift.

“Here take this” He reached behind and pulled out the ‘Hug Me’ Pikachu. ‘It doesn’t smell like Breezy… He got it just for me…” she thought while holding the cute plush.

“Yea, after she told me that story I had to get something to cheer you up. I don’t like it when you look sad.” He scratched the back of his neck.

“Really…It’s it’s” tears started to form in her eyes. “Thank you Kim Jong Hyun, thank you very much” she started to cry even more. JR leaned her head on his shoulder and wrapped his arm around her for comfort. He was blushing extremely, but he didn’t care if she noticed. All he wanted was for her to cheer up, and for her to feel like she was loved.