Chapter 6 What a storm will do.

Chosen to protect

-Rumble Rumble- (this is just the sounds of the thunder .3.)

“Mm…” JR slowly got up rubbing his eye. “What is it...?” he suddenly felt something soft on his stomach.

“*munch munch*” JR looked down to see Terry tugging on his shirt. He looked around to see if everyone was still sleep.  It was 7:30am so he thought everyone would be, but he was wrong. Erica was gone leaving only him and Ren to sleep on the Pikachu.  He turned to the rabbit when he started to tug on him.  “Hmm… I wonder what you want since you woke me up this early on a day off” he whispered while following the bunny down the stairs.

Terry hopped over to the kitchen corner where a note was placed.

Good morning you guys, JR if you’re reading this that means Terry woke you up on time. Good boy Terry I’ll give you an extra carrot when I get back in a few minutes.” He looked over at the bunny. “How did you get on the corner?” he only placed his paw on the note. JR went back to reading it half awoke.

“Uhh… I went out to get some supplies for the house and my pets. I know it’s raining and thundering an all, but I’ll be fine. I left at 6:00 am so I’ll be back before 8:05 am. Terry should have wakened you up 7:30am so at least someone would know what I’m doing. Also manger Hyung said there should be some camera people coming in. It’s for some reality thingy I guess.  So plus that make sure everyone is ready when I get back, or at least downstairs ok. Thank you- Err I mean Kamshamida JR”

He looked at the time. “I guess I should start waking them up” he let out a small yawn as he walked upstairs. JR saw that Aron was up, so he went over to wake up Ren. “Urghh… someone…eh... What time is it…?” Ren was very confused when he woke up. JR went over to Baekho to un-cling him from Minhyun.

“Why are you waking everyone up?” Aron asked as he dried his hair off. “It’s our day off so they can sleep off the Jet lag for once.” JR shook Minhyun “I know, but Erica wants everyone downstairs when she gets back” “Oh so as long as were downstairs when she comes back it doesn’t matter if were awoke.” JR shook his head. Ren, Minhyun, and Baekho started to go down the stairs fast, then fell on the couch.

“Now that’s how you get them to move” Aron looked down the stairs.

“HEY BE CAREFUL WITH THAT COUCH AYE YA THAT’S ERICA’S” JR yelled.

Aron read his book while JR was on the laptop. It was around 7:59am when the rain started to come down ever harder than yesterday. “Do you think she’s safe out there” JR asked worriedly.

“Oh, what’s this? You’re showing interest in our guide for once?” Aron said with a small smirk well reading his book. “Maybe a little, I mean I’m just caring as much as any other Oppa would for his friend” “she calls us ‘Hyung’ not ‘Oppa’ I’m starting to wonder if she’s even a girl.” JR looked up from his laptop. “What do you mean?” he tilted his head. “I mean she’s sharing a house with 5 guys and isn’t worried or even flustered, her style is a little tomboyish, and whenever she’s close to us she doesn’t even blush or get embrassed.” Aron closed his book. “But she is cute, so that’s the only thing that’s keeping me from thinking she’s a guy.” He shrugged and opened the book again. “And soft… very soft” JR blushed at his own words. “Oh~ so you do like her~” he looked at his flustered leader.  The door flung open.

“Hi, you guys I’m back~” Erica walked in soaked and with ten bags in her arms and hands. She ran over to put the bags down on the corner then ran back to close the door. “Just make sure you get her before I do~” Aron whispered to JR before unpacking the grocery bags. ‘Just what does he mean by that?’ JR sat there with a blank expression.

____________________________________________________________________________________

“Ok you guys” Everyone was now sitting on the sofa now pulled out so everyone could fit on it.

“It’s time to see your schedule for yourself.” She plugged in her phone to the jack into the wall. The flat screen TV started to turn and a bigger on came out from the back. “Wow so manager hyung was right. There was another TV behind this one.” She started to press codes on her phone to make it show up.

“Umm…. Chu... what are you showing us?” Ren stretched his arms.  He looked up at the fuzzy screen and saw their activities for the next week.

“Your manager told me to show you what’s going to happen the next few weeks. Plus he sent me the layout of the house. The basement is your home dance studio so you can go down there and practice anytime you want.” She went to look at the screen. “But I can’t read any of it!” she groaned loudly.

-Knock knock knock-

 

“Oh look who’s here” Aron said getting the door. Manager Hyung and the reality crew came in with 3 cameras. “I’ll never know why you guys went out in such bad weather” Aron took their jackets and placed them on the stand. “Well if we didn’t come you guys would have never gotten your supplies and cameras. Erica did you get the schedule I sent you.”

“Hyung, she’s too busy trying to translate your Korean.” Yawned Ren as he walked over to Erica.

“Does she know there’s a translate button on it” she face palmed herself.

“I guess not. The English saying goes you learn something every day.” The manager let out a small laugh then turned to the screen.

“Ok so for today you guys will be recording your free time schedules by using the cameras we brought. For about 48 hours then we will edit it. This will show your fans how you live on a daily basis and how well you get along with each other.” He signaled Erica to turn to the next page.

“Next you will be going to a school on Monday to promote your music. I hope you’ve been practicing you en-” he felt something tug on his leg.

“What is this?”

“My bunny”

“Get it off me now” he said in an exhausted tone.

“Bad bunny, now leave him alone or else no carrot.” Erica stated just before he hopped into Ren’s lap. “Such a warm bunny” Ren laid his head on her shoulder, while he the rabbits fur. JR gave him a glare from the side but Ren didn’t even notice it. Aron on the other hand giggled at his jealous leader.

“Ok then, now like I was saying practice your English, dances, and singing very well for the next 3 days. Other than that take this day and tomorrow off, since we have bad weather.” He went over to place the 3 cameras on the Erica’s dresser and they left.

“So who wants to record first?” Baekho said tiredly getting up.

“Wait, you can’t record yet I have to get into my outfit.” Erica got up so fast that Ren landed on the floor before she knew it.

“Ow… What outfit do you mean…?” he asked rubbing his head.

“My guy outfit. I don’t want people to know I’m your body guard or guide. Fan girls go crazy when they find out their idols have a close girl for a friend. Actually I’m dead meat if they find out, well only some know of me” she raced to the bathroom to change. “She does have a point.” Stated JR

“Why did Master John choose her for this job if he knew about this?” Ren shrugged as Erica came out wearing a black hoodie with long shorts, and sun glasses. “So… does this work?” she walked over to them.

“Ehhh….” Minhyun looked at her “looks like it, just don’t talk so much, ok?”

She gave him a thumbs up and grabbed a camera.

“Hey everyone its Nu’est Baekho, were in America~” Baekho said excitedly in the camera.

“This is our live camera that will be coming with us everywhere we go… But not in resisted areas like the airport and plane~” JR pushed Baekho from in front of the camera. “So too our American friends, please take care of us” JR gave the camera a shy smile and made a heart with his hands.

“We also have a new member with us who will be looking after us in America!” Aron took the camera from Erica. “Tadah~!  Here he is~ our guide Chuz~ please take care of him as well.” She gave him a ‘V’ sign with her hand, and then took back the camera.

“So, now what do we do?” asked Aron, Erica shrugged.

“Oh~ I know what we can do!” Ren ran over to the basement door.

“Let’s check out our home dance studio!” he ran down the stairs to the basement. Everyone was a little hesitant to follow him down the dark stair, until he the light.

“Whoa this place is really big” they all looked around the huge room. It had three long mirrors, two speakers, 2 computers, and a big plush chair in the corner. Erica turned off the camera and hopped in the chair. ‘So…very… soft…”

“Well, at least we know she loves soft plushies things” Baekho laughed.

“Erica can you plug in your phone to the speaker and play ‘Face’ or ‘Action’” JR pulled the hoodie’s hood from over her head. She just nodded and did as he asked. Then she grabbed the camera to start recording them during their dance.

“Hey, everyone were about to practice ‘Face’! We’re going to try to get Chuz to dance too, wish us luck~” Ren ran over to the others and got into position.

They all practiced for 2 hours straight. By the time they were done Erica went to sleep on the chair.

“Aye, that was a long practice” Baekho and JR went upstairs for a drink. Minhyun went over to Erica to pull over the hood and put the sunglasses back on.

“Heh… look at our sleepy guide. Isn’t he cute~” he patted Erica on the head, she turned to the side. “I wonder what would happen if I…” he poked her side repeatedly until she said to laugh.

“Oh someone’s ticklish hehe~”

“No…..hahahaha…stop…hahahaha” she could barely breathe.

“You have to practice action with us then won’t you” he kept tickling her. Ren and Aron laughed at them. “Hyung I think you’re tickling her too much.” Ren said in a worried tone.

“OK… OK… OK… ILL PRACTICE THE DANCE WITH YOU IF YOU STOP… HAHAHA” she begged between breathes.

“It’s never enough until you get an answer.” Ren sat beside the exhaust girl. “Are you ok Chu” she nodded. “Hey, if you want a drink come get it!” yelled JR. Everyone but Ren and Erica raced up the stairs.

“Hmm… I’m guessing you don’t like to be tickled, do you?”

“It’s *huff* not *huff* that *huff* it’s just one of my weaknesses that’s all *huff” she sat up.

“Weaknesses?”

“Yea, like I’m afraid of the dark and spiders can’t swim, you know weakness…” she sat back on the pillow chair.

“Being ticklish isn’t a weakness, its adorable, heh” he smirked and looked at the camera. “I hope that wasn’t on” he picked it up. “No it turned off automatically after 50 minutes past.

“Ah I see” there was silence between them.

“So… Umm…” he scratched the back of his head.

“Ren, why didn’t you go get a drink?”

“Oh… Umm…” he turned away “I…didn’t want to leave you alone”

“Oh… Thank you” she smiled at him.

I really do like her smile… She looks better smiling than when she’s sad. Wait, what’s this feeling… whenever I’m close to her… my heart… what is this…? Ren thought to himself.

“Ren… Do you have a fever?” she put her forehead against his. He finally realized how close they were and slid back. She had a confused face on. “Are you ok? You were all red so I told JR to bring you a cup of water?”

“W-w-why were you so close to my face!?” he was blushing a bright red.

“When I check people’s fevers I put my forehead close to theirs so I can see how hot they are compared to me.”  She checked again with her hand. “You are a little warm, JR is the water ready yet.” She walked towards the stairs”

“Aye” JR came down the stairs with the water and gave it to Ren. “You do look at little feverish.” He looked at him closer. “Ren, for the next dance you need to rest. Erica do you know the dance for action?”

“I only know yours and Ren’s part.”

“And I thought she was my fan” Aron mentioned while coming down the stairs with Baekho and Minhyun.

“I’m everyone’s fan; I just learn dances very slowly. I can’t dance very well…” she stood up and got in position for the dance. Once Ren the music she started dancing in perfect sync with everyone.  She was able to add her own style to the dance to make it easier for her. Once it was over everyone shocked.

“And I thought you couldn’t dance very well~” Baekho teased.

“I really can’t” she walked back over to the chair, only to be stopped by Ren.

“Huh?”

“Dance with us.” He looked determined. She only tilted her head in response. “Whenever Ren sees someone who can dance like that he always wants to compete against them.” JR stated before drinking his water. “But I can-“

“Yes you can, and you will. Remember that favor you owe me.” He said dragging her back to the mirror with him. “Now you missed only a few steps like this…” he showed her and she followed every step he took. “Oh boy she’s a goner.” Minhyun recorded them. “Yep, but she can handle it I bet.” JR watched the two as they moved across the floor freely.

“Annyoung, everyone this is Nu’est leader JR. We just had a 6 hour practice today. It was fun, we even got our guide to dance s- I mean he is a really good dancer.” He pointed the camera at the rest of the gang. They were all lying down on their back on Erica’s bed.”

“H-how *huff* did she manage to keep up with Ren” Baekho could barely move.

“I thought only JR could do that, but oh gosh my legs!” Aron kept whining in pain.

“Oh stop complaining we need to work hard for our fans right.” JR teased them, and then pointed the camera at the two youngest members. “Awe look at them aren’t they cute~”

Minhyun and Ren were the only two sleeping at the other side of the couch. JR walked over to Erica, she was reading a book called ‘Korean 101’. JR placed his arm around her shoulder and pointed the camera towards them.

“Please keep watching us while were in America our L.O.V.E.S and don’t worry we’ll take good care of our health.

Kamshamida.” He turned off the camera.

“So, Erica did you have fun with your first practice with us?”

“It was fun. I really enjoyed it, but I still can’t dance well. I think I’ll stick to martial arts instead, hehehe.” JR could only smile at her, knowing that her smile was very pure. *Thump* ‘Sigh* what am I going to do with you?’ He just continued to think to himself as he watched her read, until he fell asleep sitting next to her on the floor leaning against the couch.

“Hmm, I guess everyone is asleep now.”

-Beep beep beep-

“Hmm…?” she read the text message from Master John then sighed. “Oh boy, I better get going then.”

“Another mission another day…” she got dressed and headed out the door. “Don’t worry you guys I’ll be back before 3 am.” She whispered just before leaving.

Please be safe, Erica…” JR silently said to himself before going back to sleep.