Chance?

Can We Really Be Together?

"I'll take care of you. Haven't you heard me clear enough?", Jeongmin repeated, clearly with a hint of irritation in his voice.

"Oppa, there's no need to--"

"I said I'll take care of you! Can you stop being so stubborn?", Jeongmin echoed loudly, and everyone on the bus turned to face him with weird glances. Jeongmin looked down shyly at the floor. Eunji cocked her head, wondering what happened suddenly to make Jeongmin so decisive about his decision to take care of you. Could it be... that he liked you all along? Maybe he was too shy about his feelings? Ah, Jung Haetnim.. you're such a genius, you thought to yourself, giggling unconsciously. Jeongmin glared at you in disgust, then fixed his expression and looked coldly at Eunji.

"Are you happy now?", Jeongmin questioned Eunji coldly, as the bus halted. Eunji was obviously taken aback by his question, and tried to nonchalantly reply, but no words came out. Minwoo and Kwangmin were busily playing in a corner, with no care about what was happening.

"Jung Haetnim, let's go." You heard your favourite voice in the entire world say, before proceeding to drag you by the arms down the bus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pavement never looked better, the sun never shone brighter. You felt estatic, Jeongmin!! Your favourite Jeongmin was walking next to you, hands in his pocket, trodding slowly along the ground. You never saw Jeongmin with such an unreadable expression, such a solemn expression. What happened to the happy and cheery Jeongmin?

"Oppa, why did you drag me off the bus?" you approached cautiously, unable to think of anything to else to say.

"Don't call me oppa." Jeongmin replied quietly, almost faintly, ignoring your question altogether.

"Why did you drag me off the bus?"

"I said don't ask so many questions!"

"You didn't say that..." you muttered to yourself quietly, wondering what was going on. Finally a plot like a drama was happening to you with the handsome Lee Jeongmin you liked, but why wasn't it unfolding like dramas did? He seemed so sweet on the bus earlier.. so much like a prince, the man of your--

"Jung Haetnim, why do you like me?" Jeongmin interrupted suddenly, leaving you at a loss for words.

"Huh? I--I-- I never said I liked you before! Stop jump-jumping to conclusions!" You replied hotly, unable to hide your emotions.

"Isn't it obvious enough that you do?"

"I... oppa.. well..."