Part 2

A Girl He Wants to Know

 

It was 8 PM in the night. It was already dark in Seoul where most offices already stopped their business for the day. But for YG building where great idols of Korea were produced, it was still open even after office hours. The ones who stayed there at nights were not usual employees who worked for YG-related business but merely few cleaners and security guards. They came when those office workers already home because YG believed cleaning staffs will work more easily when people were not in the building. Among those cleaners, there was this one simple girl in his 20’s who worked there with happy thoughts and high spirit. She went to YG building every night using her old bicycle. She wore simple flowery dress like what village girls always wore and her face was free of make-up. Nothing much can be described about this girl except that she had a very beautiful face hidden under the cleaning mask with optimistic personalities and her name was Yoona.

 

YG cleaners were divided into their own respective areas where they will clean every night. The working hour for them wasn’t long though since YG hired lots of cleaners. So usually they will end their shift before midnight. Yoona on the other hand was assigned to clean the third floor including the recording room of GD. Initially, GD already told Yang Hyun Suk that he didn’t want his recording room to be entered by anyone including the cleaners but seeing how messy the recording room was when GD didn’t even clean it, Yang Hyun Suk gave out a secret order to clean the room because he couldn’t stand the messiness. That’s when it started.

 

Yoona had been a fan of the Big Bang’s leader since they debuted. But she wasn’t an extreme fan who will go to all their concerts and fan meetings or even buy all Big Bang’s albums in every edition. She just loved and respect their music and style. And to work inside YG was like a gift for her. Though she never met any of the Big Bang’s but she was happy to even clean the building for them. For her, it was her contribution as a fan. As a university student who lived alone in Seoul that originated from Gwangju province, she had to support herself by doing several jobs including a cleaner. In the day, after her classes, she went straight to a florist shop to work there. Beside the reason to earn extra money, she chose to work there because she loved flowers. And that’s why it’s easy for her to give GD a flower everyday.

 

Her routine every night started with putting her belongings in the workers room and greeted a few kind ahjummas there before she went directly to third floor together with the cleaning materials. Eventhough it was tiring to clean the whole floor alone, she was satisfied and happy because that what she wanted to do. Plus, the payment was quite satisfying. She took 3 hours to finish cleaning all rooms and hallways before she headed to the last room which also her favorite, GD’s recording room. When she first worked there, she didn’t know that room belonged to GD but after few days cleaning and slowly observing the stuffs there, she knew that it was the space used by her favorite member of Big Bang. With that, she determined to clean the room as clean as she can and if possible, give something that GD can have as spirit-booster. That’s when all the sticky-note things started.

 

She was hesitating at first because it will be embarrassing if the next night when she came to clean the room, she found the sticky note of her introducing herself already in the dustbin. But after re-think for numerous times, GD would never meet her, which for her impossible; she braved herself to write the self-introducing note. She even decided to address herself ‘ahjumma’ so that GD wouldn’t think he had a psycho teenage fan lingering inside YG. People would say her deed was useless because GD will never reply her or appreciate those notes but for Yoona, she was happy that she can communicate with GD eventhough it’s a one-way communication between a famous superstar and a mere university student.

 

 

When Yoona opened the door, she met the same surrounding of a messy room that made her smiled a little. The papers, cans and cigarettes were dirtying the room but Yoona never complained since it’s her job to clean those things away and make the room presentable for the next day. Just by GD’s working room, Yoona can predict what kind of person GD was. She didn’t want to straightly judge GD by the news and rumors because she knew GD was better than that. One thing she didn’t want to believe was GD was a playboy. Well, maybe he was but for Yoona she assumed that GD was just friends with them like what other celebrities always say. In her eyes, GD was a kind soul trapped in a reluctant super star figure.

 

After nearly half an hour, the room finally rubbish-free. All things were arranged nicely back to their spots and Yoona even sprayed air-freshener to cover the cigarettes’ odor. The sunflower in the vase was already changed with a new fresh one. She smiled seeing the room back to it’s original state. The last thing she had to do was writing another note. She took a pen and a sticky note from her pocket but then she didn’t know what to write. Mostly, the contents of her sticky notes will be about encouraging words to GD. And when it came to her blank state, she usually wrote anything crossed her mind.

 

                Smile is the best medicine

 

Satisfied with that simple drawing, she then left it on the table which she was not sure whether GD will read it or just throw it. But being the optimist person, she just continued what she did every night. After the final check of the recording room, she finally exited.

 

While humming to a song she didn’t even know exist or not, she happily walked to the direction where lift was located. Most lights were already turned off since the night shift will ended in 15 minutes. But something strange occurred that night. At the end of the usual pitch black hallway, there was light coming through an opened door which she knew was the dancing practice room. Various thoughts rushing into her mind. As her healthy mind remembered, YG had a very good security system that never once in their history that people break-into the building. Being the cleaner for almost 2 months there she knew well that YG never permit their trainees or idols to practice pass the midnight mark. But she didn’t want to come to conclusion at instant. Still, she felt the need to check for confirmation since she was in charge in the third floor.

 

As she came nearer to the end of the hallway, a faint sound of people can be heard. Without knowing, her heartbeat was increased rapidly that made her way to the door felt so long. Curious to know more, she cautiously peeked into the dancing studio through the opening of the door. The scene she witnessed was not something comfortable to see to. She gasped at the sight of two people doing something that was disgusting from her innocent eyes. But something caught her eyes. She knew well that red hair. Her eyes slowly showing her fear when her feet were stoned there. Everything occurred so fast, the last thing she knew, a pair of eyes also looking at her. That’s when she slowly stepped back with blank mind. Her mind and heart weren’t working together. The image of the guy she respected burned to ash. Her slow steps turned to a run. Yoona felt she should be away from there as soon as possible because she felt her eyes already became hot and a feeling of disappointed grew inside her.  

 

 

 

 

GD was so angry when he stormed into Yang Hyun Suk office the next day. She couldn’t believe it happened to him. He still remembered how he got busted by someone who he convinced enough that she was a worker in YG when he was making love with a woman he grabbed from the club last night. He felt like his reputation and pride crushed just like that.

 

“Hyung, did you already fire the worker who’s in charge in third floor?” That was the first question he asked Yang Hyun Suk once he entered the office.

“Yeah.” Yang Hyun Suk answered shortly. He was busy with papers in front of him.

“Good.” GD felt relieved that the worker finally out from the building.

“Don’t let me do something stupid like firing workers again Jiyong. You know im not free for that.” Yang Hyun Suk warned GD. He was actually surprised when GD suddenly asked him to fire someone who he didn’t even meet once and also she’s a cleaner, whom people wouldn’t care about.

“This is for my reputation hyung. And believe me, this is a good solution.” GD said trying to cover up his mistake. Yang Hyun Suk knew well that the Big Bang members always played with women every night but he didn’t care about that. He just warned them to not bring any shame to YG.

“I heard you guys went out with JYP kids last night. Are you serious Jiyong? Everyone in Korea attacking you now with that plagiarism scandal yet you act like nothing happened.” Yang Hyun Suk said.

“We didn’t do anything. Just drinks and chat.” GD lied. Well, he always lied when it came to cover up his mistakes.

“Make sure I wouldn’t see you in news again Jiyong.” Yang Hyun Suk said with a serious face to the leader of Big Bang who also the member with the most scandals.

“Nehh hyung.” GD said happily since he was escaped from the nagging of his President.