Chapter 4

My Very Own Super Junior: Escaping Reality (Lee Donghae FanFic) 1

 

DONGHAE’S POV

Korean:

 

“GOOD job everyone! We rocked the stage!”

            “Yeah!”

            “Alright!”

            “Woohoo!”

            Everyone cheered in agreement with Leeteuk’s statement.

            Well first of all, he’s right. We did rock the stage. That is by far one of the best performances we ever had in the whole SS3 Concert Tour. Every ELF cheered, screamed—or rather shrieked—and sang along with us (even though almost all of our fans’ lyrics were wrong).

            We had a pretty fun and rough night so now we’re just hanging out in our dressing room. Everyone’s entirely exhausted and needed some air to breathe so we told all of the staff to leave us by ourselves inside the room.

            I slumped my body on the mini sofa near the cabinet and covered my eyes with my right arm. I want to sleep all night long but I know I can’t. We still need to travel towards Golden Luxuria Hotel where we stayed in the night before to take a rest. After a few hours, we would be heading towards the airport and fly back to Seoul, South Korea. How tiring.

            “Kyuhyun, aren’t you going to rest for a while?” Ryeowook asked.

            We all looked at him who is currently pacing back and forth in front of the door. I only took a sneak peek then covered my eyes again.

            “Kyu, you’re making me dizzy!” Shindong held his head with both of his hands to prevent himself from falling from his chair. Shindong’s the most exhausted between the 10 of us because he’s the one who kept on rolling around the stage floor and dancing around like a complete fool—for entertainment purposes.

            “Yah! Could you quit it Kyuhyun? All your stepping is making my head pop! It’s noisy!”

            “Mianhae Heechul-hyung. I just can’t help it. I need to be here.” Kyuhyun took a chair near the sofa where I’m currently resting and placed it where he was previously walking. There, he sat and began to stare at the door.

            Leeteuk stood up to get some water. “You’re getting pretty weird Kyuhyun. What’s wrong with you? I while ago, I noticed that you kept on staring at the audience in front of us. Like you’re looking for someone. Is she a girl?”

            “Bwo! That can’t be! Kyuhyun only like games, right? It’s very impossible for him to like someone.”

            “Shut up Yesung!” Kyuhyun, too, stood up and went for the door. “I’m going out to get some fresh air.”

            “You can’t. What if someone sees you? Then you would get trampled by them.”

            “I’m not worried about our fans hyung.” Kyuhyun looked at Leeteuk. “I’ll be very careful. I just want to get some fresh air. Jeez. You guys worry so much.” He opened the door and went out. “I’ll be back! I promise!” He shouted through the door.

            “Donghae.”

            “Huh? What?” I opened my eyes and looked at Leeteuk. “What’s up?”

            “Follow him.”

            “Bwo? Waeyo? You heard him, right? He’ll be careful. He’s a fully-grown man. He can handle himself.” I shut my eyes closed again. My mind was about to drift away when I got hit in the stomach with a pillow. “What the hell?! Respect!”

            “Respect my .” Heechul, who obviously throwed the pillow at me gave me an evil glare. “Just do what he asked. You’ll never know what that Evil-Maknae would do next. Ppali!”

            “Alright, alright. Aish! I’ll go.” As I stood up, Sungmin stood up as well. “Hep! Don’t you dare rest on my sofa.” I glared at him.

            “Who said that this was yours?” Sungmin pushed me aside and slept on the sofa. “I’ll leave as you return.”

            I was about to head outside when I realized something. I looked back and began to stare at all of them who are currently half-asleep. “Why am I, in the first place, the one who would foll—“

            “Just go!” They shouted.

            “Ok! I’ll go! Yeesh.” I scratched my head in annoyance.

 

 

 

YOUR POV

English:

 

IT was exactly 12:10 in the morning when the concert ended. I covered my body with my jacket as the cold weather brush through my skin. I walked my way through the crowd who’s happily talking about the successfulness of SS3. I smiled to myself.

            It was one hell of a concert! This was the most memorable night of my life! I got to see all of them in person—laughing, singing, dancing, and playing. They’re really fun to watch. Spending a lot of money for them was all worth it. They’re smiles were worth it! And I get to see Donghae again for the 2nd time. I can’t help but to stare at him every time he shows up on stage. He’s just too handsome to be real. There’s even one point in the concert where I got teary-eyed when he sang a solo number. Even though his voice was not that perfect, it’s still music to my ears. I’m hoping I’d get to see him again.

            And then again, I will get to see him. I just need to get inside backstage and show them the VIP Pass which the staff gave me.

            I was already in front of the backstage door when someone bumped me—hard.

            “I’m really sorry Miss.”

            “No. It’s ok.” I smiled to the young girl who bumped me. She looked like a 14-year-old girl who had a lot of fun.

            I was about to give the guard my pass when I noticed something—my pass was gone! I must’ve dropped it when the girl bumped me. Or maybe she took it. I looked back at her and saw that my pass was not with her but was on the floor a few feet away from me. I sighed in relief. ‘Thank goodness.”

            I walked towards my pass to grab it but someone already took it. She’s wearing a black shirt with the word “STAFF” printed on her back.

            My senses began to panick. I hurriedly rushed towards her. “Miss! Miss that’s mine—“

            Too late. She already took it and began running backstage. I heard her say something to the guard, “I’ll just return this pass. Someone must’ve dropped it.”

            I wanted to cry. That was my pass. Is she that deaf to not hear my voice? Now I’m never going to see him. I might even disappoint Kyu. I started to walk towards the Exit. Atleast I got to see them on stage right? I took a deep breath.

            If it’s not meant to be, it’s not meant to be.

            “you-ah”

            I jerked when someone grabbed my arm. My heart began to beat faster. That voice. Is it... I turned around and saw—

            “Kyuhyun?” I don’t know why but I was a bit disappointed. I thought it was someone else...

            “I’m glad I finally found you! I was waiting for you at our dressing room but I got bored so I roamed around to look for you.”

            “Mianhae Kyuhyun. There are just a lot people so I got late.”

            “Nah. It’s ok—“

            (Korean) “Aish! Kyuhyun! Where do you think you’re going?”

            Kyuhyun turned around and was shocked. (K) “Hyung? What are you doing here?”

            (K) “I came here to fetch you—oh.”

            Donghae suddenly noticed me and stopped talking. My eyes began to widen as I got to see him. “Donghae...”

        you. It’s nice to see you again.” He smiled and came closer. “How was the concert?”

         “I-it was fun. Totally g-great.” I looked down and bit my lower lip for stuttering.

         “Really? For me it was amazing! All of us had lots of fun! Right Kyu?”

         “Uh.. Yeah.”

         “Hey. What’s wrong?”

         I looked at Kyuhyun who was inexplicably silent. “Kyuhyun?”

         Like he was on trance, he suddenly snapped out of his weird actions and smiled. “No. It was just nothing. So, can we get back inside now?”

         “We’re leaving youalone?” Donghae asked.

         “Of course not. She’s coming with us. Right?” Kyuhyun smiled as he looked at me.

         “Y-yeah. I made a promise.”

         “Really? You’re coming with us? Great!” Donghae suddenly wrapped his arm around my neck and pulling me closer to him like we’re best buds. My heart began to beat faster as I literally stopped breathing. “We’re gonna introduce you to the whole group. Lead the way Kyu.”  

         “Sure...” He said flatly.

 

 

 

YOUR POV

English:

 

(K) “Ah! Kyuhyun you’re back! Where’s Dong—oh my.”

         I looked down as my face continues on blushing. I know it’s been red since we started to walk towards here but I bet it’s now even redder as I heard Sungmin talk.

         Donghae spoke. “Everyone, meet you Carter. She’s the one who helped me fill up our water bottles. Please do speak in English.”

         “Hey, Donghae. Why is your arm wrapped around you-ah. You’re not hitting on her, are you?” Siwon smirked.

         “Ah. N-no.” I spoke. “He’s just being friendly. Right Donghae?”

         “Nae. I’m not hitting on her. I’m a gentleman.”

         “Then why is your arm still around her?” Kyuhyun sat on the sofa and looked away. It seems that he’s pissed or something.

         (K) “Kyuhyun are you somewhat jealous?” Sungmin asked.

         (K) “Bwo?! No I’m not! It just seems that it’s very inappropriate to do such things on a girl you first met.”

         “Enough of that you guys. Let’s welcome her—politely.” Leeteuk stood up and offered his hand. “Nice meeting you you-ah.”

         One by one, they stood up and introduced themselves and shook my hand. I can’t help but to smile at all of them wondrously. I still can’t believe that I’m in front of them again.

         Donghae removed his arm around me and offered me a seat.

         I can’t help but to feel disappointed. I want to be that near to him. I want to feel the heat emanating from his body. His scent is still lingering through my nose and it was so heavenly. But of course, I can’t tell him that. It would be very embarrassing.

         I sat down on the chair as they start to ask me some questions. A smile formed my lips as Donghae’s currently standing from behind the chair like he’s my bodyguard. Both of his hands are placed at the back of my chair.

         “So your last name is ‘Carter’. You don’t look like an LA girl for me. You’re features are mostly Korean. Except, of course, with your natural golden brown hair.” Heechul asked.

         “I actually get that a lot. My grandfather’s a pure Korean. My mom said that almost all of my features and actions are like that of my grandfather’s.”

         “You look very beautiful.” Eunhyuk stated.

         I laughed. “Thank you.”

         “Bwo.. You look more pretty when you blush and laugh.” said Shindong.

         “Don’t tell me you like her, Shindong.” Kyuhyun chuckled.

         “I just told her she’s pretty. That doesn’t mean that I already like her. Well... I do like her, But not in a romantic way. More of as a friend/sister.”

         “Yeah. She is very lovely.” Donghae said.

         I think I felt my heart skipped a beat. Donghae said I’m lovely. Oh gosh...

         Leeteuk laughed. “Donghae, the way you said that, it looks like you adore her very much.”

         “Waaa~ I noticed that too. Are you already replacing me Fishy?” Eunhyuk pouted.

         I laughed.

         “Yah. Hyung. You like her don’t you?” Kyuhyun asked.

         “What? How come?”

         “Because it seems like you’re guarding her. You can’t seem to be away from her.”

         I felt Donghae move away from me. “That doesn’t mean that I’m already courting her.”

         “I’m not saying that you’re courting her. You’re too defensive hyung.”

         “How come I feel that you’re mad at me Kyu?”

         “Hey, hey. Stop it you guys.” Siwon stood up and raised both of his hands.

         I can feel my head getting dizzy. Why are they fighting? It’s not like I’m a huge deal. Although it’s kinda flattering... but still.

         “Kyuhyun, what’s wrong?” Ryeowook asked.

         “No. Like I said, nothing’s wrong. Maybe it’s just the effect of the saltwater I drank yesterday. It’s still giving me the hives... I’m sorry Donghae-hyung. I didn’t mean what I said.”

         “It’s ok.” he smiled.

         For the past few minutes, all of us talked, laughed, played, and sang. It was fun being with them. Kyuhyun’s not in a bad mood anymore and Donghae has been very kind to me. They asked more and more questions about me—my age, job, birthday, parents, everything about LA, and even my preferences about what I like in a guy. They even asked me to sing in front of them. In return, they would do a special performance for me. I had a blast. Every second that I spent with them were full of laughter and enjoyment. I also knew a lot more about them. They spilled secrets and make fun of each other. It’s like we’re a family. Because of that, I began to love them even more. They treat me like we’ve known each other for so long. I’m really glad that I’m an ELF.

         Kyuhyun yawned. “I’m getting tired already! I want to take a rest now.”

         “Me too.” Sungmin began to yawn too.

         “I guess you guys are all tired. I need to get going now. My friend has been texting me to go home now. It’s already late anyway.” I stood up. “Thank you for your time guys. Also the autographs and pictures.”

         “No problem.” Eunhyuk smiled.

         “I’ll come with you until you reach your car. You do have a car, right?” Donghae offered.

         “Nae.”

         “Alright then.” Leeteuk stood up and hugged me. “Good-bye.”

         One by one, they hugged me good-bye.

         “Take care!” they shouted as me and Donghae started to leave.

         A tear fell from eye.

         “Bwo. Why are you crying?”

         I laughed as I brush a few more tears away using the back of my palm. “No. I’m not crying. They were tears of joy. I’m just really happy that I get to meet all of you.”

         “Me too. I’m glad that I met you.”

         I stopped walking and looked at him. “Jinjja?”

         “Nae.” He, too, stopped walking. “You’re fun to be with, funny, and you treat us like we’re one of you guys.”

         “One of us?” My brows furrowed.

         “What I mean is, you treat us like we’re not superstars. You don’t get too hyper and act like a crazed fan would. That is one of the reasons why we’re so comfortable being with you. It’s like... you’re one of us.”

         I smiled. “I’m really glad you feel that way towards me.”

         Then both of started to walk again. I feel so bubbly inside. I didn’t know I’d get to feel this kind of feeling. It’s like there’s nothing in this world that could make me feel worried again.

         “Oh. And another thing. You’re like a little sister to me.”

         I spoke to soon. My smile faded and I began to feel heavy inside. What Donghae had said gave turmoil inside my heart. Little sister? That wasn’t what I had in mind. I wanted something more...   

         “W-why is that?”

         “I don’t know either.” He laughed. “Maybe because you’re like the dongsaeng I’ve always wanted. You’re kind, funny, sweet, and more. I bet my oppa would like you too. Wait. That’s a great idea!”

         “Huh?”

         “You can call me oppa. I can be your big brother. We would be best friends.” He wrapped his arm around me once again.

         “B-best friends?”

         “Yeah.” He looked at me with a smile on his face.

         “A-arasso. Donghae-o-oppa...”

         He pulled me closer to him. “Much better.”

         I was already in front of my car when we bid each other good-bye. He told me that he wanted to see me again even though he said it’s not possible. Little did he know, as we were happily talking inside the dressing room, I made a decision to take a month-long vacation in Seoul, South Korea next week. I plan on staying in my grandfather’s home to visit him—and of course to see the SJ members.

         I was already on my way home when I felt something strange inside my heart. It’s like that I’m worried.

         “Little sister?” I said to myself. “Gosh... I don’t think I would like that...”