Chapter 2

My Very Own Super Junior: Escaping Reality (Lee Donghae FanFic) 1

 

YOUR POV

English:

 

“I CAN’T believe this! Why would I actually volunteer working if I wouldn’t see them in the first place?”

            I stormed my way out of the Producer’s Office and began to swear in a hush voice.

            This is NOT happening to me. I get to work my off but I won’t be able to see them? Talk about fairness!

            Today is October 2. Tomorrow is the most special and awaited day of my life—Super Show 3. Since I’m part of the BWV, I get to have a quick sneak-peek of the scene (but of course, I get to work in exchange). I’m done doing my part which is helping in scheduling the work. Sungho gave me the easiest work among all of the ELF volunteers. Since I’m finished, I get to roam around all over the place.

            With all the commotion, I never even got to roam on the ‘main stage’. I was about to but the Producer, Ms. Steppi, stopped me just as I was about to open the door. She told me that I was violating Rule No. 1 in volunteering—No one shall go and visit the SJ members. It is STRICTLY prohibited.

            I was like, “What?! Are you crazy?” But she just pulled me away from the door and brought me to her office. She said I wasn’t listening during the orientation and that I was sneaking to get a closer view of them. I wanted to scream my lungs out because of that stupid rule.

            Of course I listened during the orientation and I actually freaked out (inside) when they told us that rule. That’s actually the main reason why I came here—to see them!

            I just wanted to sit on some of the seats inside the stage and watch them have their practice. But I never did intended on coming on over to them and ask for autographs. I’m 21. I’m not that immature. (Although, I would do it if they let me.)

            And now I’m here, at backstage, cursing my head off. Then I felt my stomach rumble. I looked at my watch and was shocked to know that it’s already 1:30 pm. I haven’t eaten lunch yet.

            I roamed all over the place to search for the exit. I’ll just eat outside and return back. But after a few minutes of walking and rumbling of my stomach, I still can’t find the freakin’ exit! I’m pretty sure I’m lost now. I never knew backstage would be such a huge place.

            I looked around to search for someone but no one’s in here. I held onto my stomach as I heard it growl. “Oh my gosh... I think I’m gonna die of starvation.”

            I don’t know where I am anymore. This place isn’t very familiar. All that’s in here is the hallway where I just came from, a water dispenser , table, and two doors. One with the sign “OFF LIMITS” and the other with the sign “DRESSING ROOM”.

            “I-I’m near the Dressing Room?” A sudden occurrence came into my mind. I’m not allowed in here. I wouldn’t want to get scolded by Ms. Steppi again.

            I turned around to walk back towards the hallway but my stomach began growling again. I held it with both of my hands. I can’t believe I’m having a stomachache at a time like this.

            ! Where is everybody when you need them?

            Then I heard the door behind me shut close. I quickly turned around in fright that someone important might see me wandering in this prohibited place. But then again, fear wasn’t what I felt. I was shocked to see who I’m facing with now. This is just all too sudden. As if by magic, my stomach stopped aching and all I can feel now is my heart beating fast.

            He smiled at me.

            I can feel my cheeks burning. That smile... I’ve always wanted to see his gorgeous smile.

            I swallowed back a gulp as he stepped closer and talked, “Umm... Excuse me. Can you help me?”

            Lee Donghae... I can’t believe I finally saw you in person—and that you’re talking to me!

 

 

 

YOUR POV

English:

           

“MISS?”

            Donghae stepped closer and I stepped back. Babo! Why am I moving away from him?

            “N-nae?” I can’t believe I’m even stuttering. This is so unprofessional of me.

            “I need some help with these.” He held up the 6 bottles he was holding.

            I can’t seem to answer him because of the fact that I’m still too shocked to believe that he can speak in English. Although it has some funny accent, it’s actually pretty good.

            “Miss? Gwaencha—AH!” 4 of the bottles suddenly fell from his arms. He’s now holding 2 bottles in each hand that he used to ‘bop’ his head because of his clumsiness. “Aish...”

            I can’t help but to giggle. “Let me help you.”

            And just like in some weird fairytale, both of our hands touched the same bottle. His hand placed on top of mine. I jerked my hand away like his touch was some sort of burning metal.

            He looked at me and smiled. “I’m okay. You don’t need to help me.” He started picking up each bottle one by one. I, on the other half, can’t breathe normally. I may be overreacting but who wouldn’t? It’s Lee-freakin’-Donghae in front of me! I still can’t believe this is happening to me! A miracle just occurred!

            “Argh...” It looks like Donghae’s getting very irritated now because every time he tries to pick up the last bottle, one would also fall out. “Please cooperate you plastic bottles...”

            “Umm... I’ll take those three.” I took the bottles and then stood up.

            He, too, stood up and flashed me a smile. “Kamsahamnida.”

            I smiled back as I felt my knees nearly giving up. I held onto the table near me to keep my balance from his heartwarming smile. “N-no problem. S-so... What was it that you wanted me to help you?”

            “Ah. I forgot. I need to refill these water bottles. Will you help me?”

            “Nae!” After saying that, I quickly covered my mouth with my hand. I can’t show him how too excited I am for seeing him. He might think of me as an Overly Addicted ELF.

            He just laughed. “So, let’s start?”

            “Arasso.” I walked over towards the water dispenser then he followed me.

            My hands were shaking as I was filling up the first bottle. I can’t help it! I’m too overwhelmed. I suddenly looked at him as I heard him chuckle.

            “Why are you so nervous? You’re spilling the water.” He held my hand and helped me focus. “Here. I’ll help you.”

            “M-mianhae...” My heart started to beat uncontrollably.

            He continued filling up two more bottles as I help him. The silence between us is so nerve-wrecking.  I want to talk to him but I’m too nervous. I took a deep breath to regain my strength then started to talk. “D-Donghae... Can I ask you something?”

            “Hmm?” He finished closing the third bottle as I gave him the next one.

            “When did you learn to speak...in English?”

            Without looking, he answered my question. “Oh, it’s nothing really. It’s all because of Sungmin’s little bet. One day, he suddenly barged into the dancing studio and announced that whoever learns to speak English first would get 50,000 Won from him. At first we didn’t agree but after a while, our pride kept us from declining so... now we can all speak in English.”

            Wow. Just for a bet they would work hard to learn and speak in English? They can be very awesome and silly sometimes.

            I can’t help but to like him more. “That’s great Donghae. Just so you know, you’re pretty good at it.”

            Startled, he finally looked at me. “Jinjja? T-thanks...” I can clearly see him blushing. “You’re the first girl who actually complimented my English skills...”

            “Bwo! Really? How come?” I’m the first! Yay!

            “It’s because we only speak English when we—the members—are alone.”

            “Why is that?”

            “I...don’t know either.” He shrugged. “Maybe because we’re more used to Hanggul than English obviously.”

            He was finally done filling up the bottles and started to pick them up with his arms. I don’t want him to leave but I have no excuse. What a drag.

            “I’m done. Kamsahamnida.” He made a small bow as he smiled. “I really appreciate your help Miss..?”

            I forgot to tell my name, damn it! “you or 'Skye' Carter. That's my nickname.”

            “Skye... I like your name." He said while smiling.

            “Jinjja? Waeyo?” I can’t help but to smile back at him. I began to blush more.

            “Secret.” He chuckled.

            I made a face. “Hmph. Do I have a choice?”

            “Umm...” He acted like he’s thinking about it. “Aniyo.” Then he started to laugh.

            “Aish—“

            Rumble.

            My eyes widen. He stopped laughing then looked at me. I bowed my head in shame. I can hear him suppressing his laugh.

            “Have you eaten lunch yet?”

            “Obviously not.” I can’t bear to look at him. Damn you stomach! Always in a wrong timing!

            With my peripheral vision, I saw him reaching his hand through his jeans pocket and pulling out a—

            “Here. All I got is some chocolate bar. It’s Safari. Eat it. It looks you need it more than I do.”

            “T-thanks...” I grab the chocolate. “I’ll eat it later.”

            “What? Aniyo. Eat it now.” He took it again and began to open it. “Say ‘Aahh’.”

            “H-huh? N-no. You don’t have to...” My cheeks began to flush.

            “I insist.” he said smiling.

            “No. Really... It’s way too—“

            (Korean) “Donghae! We’re getting thirsty! Where are the drinks?”

            “Who was that? And what did he say?”

            “That’s Eunhyuk-hyung. Aish that guy... Always shouting and—Eunhyuk!”

            “Waeyo? What’s up with—“

            “you-ah. Could you do me a favor one last time? Pleeaassee.” he said while pouting.

            “Nae. What is it?”

            “Could you give me some salt? A LOT of salt?”