Chapter 1

My Very Own Super Junior: Escaping Reality (Lee Donghae FanFic) 1

 

YOUR POV

English:

 

FACEBOOK CHAT

 

Marian Ashton:

            They’re coming here! >.<

 

 you Carter:

            What? What do you mean they’re coming here?

 

Marian Ashton:

            Super Junior! <3 They’re having SS3 here in Los Angeles on October 3! Only 1 more month! Kyaaaa~!

 

 you Carter:

            WHAT?! Really? Are you sure? :D

 

Marian Ashton:

            Yeah! Check out their schedule on Wikipedia. It’s already been made official by SM Entertainment. Oh my gooosh! I can’t wait! I’m already hyperventilating! \(-.-)/

 

 you Carter:

            OMG! You’re right! I just checked. Marian, we HAVE to go. I can’t afford to miss this! XD

 

Marian Ashton:

            Of course I’ll go! Nothing in this world’s gonna stop me from going. I’ll buy our tickets – tomorrow. It’s VVIP. Are you cool with that?

 

 you Carter:

            Absolutely! :D

 

Marian Ashton:

            Great! Just pay me when the time comes.

            Oops. GTG. My bf’s calling me. I just came by to drop you this INCREDIBLE news. See ya there! ;)

 

 you Carter:

            Ok. J Call me when you’ve already bought the tickets. Don’t forget to send me the amount. Bye. J

 

 

            A huge smile formed my lips as I closed my laptop. I can’t believe that my most awaited day had finally come!

            SS3 in LA!

            I thought they would never come! 2 years have gone by and I still haven’t seen them. This is going to be my one and only chance so I’ll make the very best of it. Every LA ELF’s dream is coming true. And I’m proud to say that I’m one of them!

            It’s a good thing Marian told me the news. I haven’t been a very active ELF lately. I’m having a really heck of a week so I’ve got no time to check out any recent updates.

            Plus, my best friend and I had a recent fight. I’ve been trying to contact him for days now and he’s still not showing up.

            My smile faded as I remembered our fight. Our really pathetic and useless fight. “Sungho... when are you coming back?”

            Sungho had been my best friend for almost 7 years now. It all started when he first came to our school. He’s a transfer student from South Korea. No one wants to be his friend because of his nation. Teens on our days believed that Asians are really rude and a big nerd. But not me. I also have Korean blood in me (only a quarter). My grandfather from my mother’s side is pure Korean and almost all of my features are like that of his native blood. I only grew up in America because of my parents’ jobs. But that didn’t entirely affect my fascination towards Korean Culture.

            I befriended Sungho because of that simple fact. I was his first friend and best friend. We can be very different in so many ways but that is actually the main reason why we never grew apart. Our fascination towards each other’s personality never left.

            When we grew up, we decided to live in the same apartment. We would help each other with the bills and would do chores together. It’s been fun being with him. He taught me a lot of things about Korea while I taught him about American Culture. He became the oppa I never had.

            But even if we’re this close to each other, we couldn’t prevent fighting at some point of our lives. Sad to say, one of our biggest fights just happened recently. And it’s all because of me.

            I went out of my room and entered the kitchen. Eating is the best cure I have whenever I’m depressed/sad/stressed/nervous and all of the other negative emotions. I’m supposed to be happy aren’t I? SJ’s coming and I should have a mini party for myself. But I can’t afford myself to enjoy this day. I have a feeling I’ll just get guilty... or something like that.

            I opened the fridge and took the half-empty milk carton and drank straight from it. After drinking, I closed the fridge and pulled out a chair from the dining table near me and placed the milk on top of it. I buried my face on the table and began talking to myself—my other cure whenever eating’s not enough.

            “Curse you Sungho! Why aren’t you coming back? It’s because of you I can’t enjoy this special day. I hate you!”

            “You hate me?”

            I quickly turned my head towards the door of the kitchen where I heard someone speak.

            Park Sungho. My best friend’s back! Talk about coincidence.

            And how come I didn’t hear the door open? Oh, I forgot. Sungho’s the silent type.

            “Nae! I hate you!” I stood up and ran towards him. But instead of hitting him (which was my first plan) I hugged him instead. It kind of made the ‘I-hate-you-part’ very pathetic. “Why did you go away? It’s been 3 days.”

            He just laughed and patted my head. Gosh I missed him! “I’m still leaving you know? I just came back to get some things. I’m running out of clothes, you see?”

            I pushed him back and started hitting him in the chest. “Babo! Babo!”.

            “Hey. Stop saying mean words to me.” I got angrier when he just laughed at me. How dare he!

            I stepped away from him and looked at him straight in the eye. I plan on making him feel guilty with my evil stare but it kind of backfired.

            I was the one who was getting guilty.

            He just stared at me with those longing eyes. As if he really missed me too.

            I looked away because I can’t take it anymore—his stare to be exact. “Ok. Mianhae oppa. For everything that I’ve done. I won’t do it again. I promise.”

            “Look at me first. So that I’d know if you’re serious or not.”

            I did look at him and I was taken aback. Why is he like this to me? I was expecting a very mean best friend-who-wants-to-make-me-feel-guilty-type but it’s actually the opposite. It seems like he had changed—surprisingly after 3 short days. “I’m sorry for everything Sungho oppa. As in really, really sorry.”

            “For..?” His face is very serious but his eyes were full of amusement. He’s teasing me!

            “For ruining your relationship with Stella.” I said while rolling my eyes.

            “...And?”

            Ugh! Please stop torturing me... “For throwing fake vomit on her.”

            He’s now smiling at me. He’s a very nice guy but he can also be evil in his simplest ways. Teasing is one of them. “I forgive you.” He extended his arms to me. “Come here.”

            I smiled back and hugged him. “Thanks. How’s Stella?”

            “Well... we’re still not in good terms but who cares anyway? I’m also done with her.”

            I moved back a little to look at his face but still not removing my arms around him. “Jinjja? Are you telling the truth? I thought you loved her? Aren’t you upset?”

            “You ask too many questions you know that?”

            “Just answer me.”

            “Well... nae, I’m telling the truth. I did love her but I don’t think that love would last. I’m not upset because I really thought about what you said about her and I guess you’re right. It’s her loss not mine.”

            “Atlast!” I backed away and threw my fists in the air. “I told you she’s not perfect for you. She’s a real you know that? She kept on saying rude things about me whenever you’re not around. She always put on make-up like a big fat clown—“

            “Ok, ok. Enough of her. She’s all in the past now. I just came back and any topic concerning her and her attitude will be a big NO. Tonight, I just wanted to talk to you about—“

            “Wait! Me first.” It’s a good thing he was the first one who announced for a new topic. I can’t stand talking about her ex-girlfriend’s iness! I don’t even know what he loved about that girl. Plus, I was aching to tell him the good news ever since he came back a few minutes ago. “I want to tell you something sooo amazing!” I pulled him towards the dining table and we sat there facing each other. I suddenly felt giddy when I remembered the big news Marian told me. “Super Junior’s coming here in LA!” I squealed like a crazed teenager.

            I saw Sungho smile at me. “Wow. What a coincidence. That’s what I was supposed to tell—“

            “Wait. You knew?”

            He smiled to me once again and reached something in his jeans pocket. It was an ID with a red lace that has the word “VOLUNTEER” in it. He leaned from the table and put it around my neck.

            I looked at the ID which has my face and name on it. Why is my face already printed in it? “What’s this all ab—“

            “An access. To the backstage to be exact.”

            “Wha-? I don’t understand...”

            “Of course you still remember that I work as an Assistant Producer in Global Studios, right?”

            “You mean...” My heart suddenly starts to beat like crazy. Am I thinking what he’s thinking?

            “Nae. You can now see your ‘love-of-your-life’ Lee Donghae this close...” he joined both of his index fingers. “...backstage. I signed you up for the SS3 Backstage Work Volunteering which only allowed 10 ELFs with the ages 18 and up. And since you’re very special to me, I got you chosen already without the written form and interview. I also did that to make it up to you. Don’t you just love me?”

            “Nae! I love you so much!” I stood up and went to him. I hugged him very tight while screaming like crazy. He just laughed and hugged me back. “You’re the best ‘best friend’ ever!”

            “I know.” He removed my arms around him and smiled at me. “I’m glad you’re happy.”

            “Extremely happy!” I hugged the ID to my chest and kissed it several times.

            “You’re behaving like a ten-year-old.” He just shook his head in amusement.

            “I don’t care. I bet Marian would be so happy for me!”

            He gave out a deep sigh and drank the milk that was placed on top of the table. “I guess you can now plan on seducing him.”

            “What?! Seducing? Why would I even do that?” Is he insane?

            “You love him right?” he looked at me straight in the eye.

            “Yes.” Duh.

            “In other words, you would want him to be your lover/boyfriend.”

            I gawked at him. Is he for real? Boyfriend? I can’t help but to laugh so hard.

            He just looked at me with his eyebrows furrowed. “What’s so funny?”

            “You!” I continue on laughing. “I would never plan on seducing him, Sungho. Heck! I never even dreamt of him being my boyfriend—not even once! That’s so impossible like making fire underwater.”

            “Waeyo?” now he’s confused.

            I tried to stop laughing and gave a deep sigh. “Sungho, Sungho, Sungho... I’m the type of ELF who would always look back to reality so that I won’t get lost in fantasyland. I never even wanted to stay in that place anyway. I know that becoming Donghae’s princess someday would be a dream come true. But for me, it’s just a huge joke. I don’t want to dream on becoming his yeoja because I already know from the start that he will never be a part of my life and vice versa. C’mon, he’s on the other side of the planet. I only have like 1% chance on him. Maybe even less. I don’t want to hope for the worst, you know? Reality is the place I live in. And if possible, I would stay there for the rest of my life so that I can prevent myself from getting hurt. Do you get what I mean?”

            He just looked at me with that impressed look on his face. After few seconds of just looking at me, he clapped his hands thrice. “Wow. I never knew your brain contained such great wisdom.”

            “I’ll take that as a compliment.” I left the kitchen and started to walk upstairs to call Marian.

            Halfway through, I stopped and looked back at the kitchen. Sungho’s still watching me. I smiled to him. “Welcome back oppa.”

            He smiled back then turned around to face the stove. I’ll bet he’ll be busy cooking his socks off tonight.

            As I was heading towards my room, I refreshed my mind from what Sungho has said.

            Lee Donghae as my boyfriend? As if!

            When I opened my door, a poster of him greeted me. It was a cute photo of him on Super Show 2 Manila. I got that from the Internet and decided to turn it into a poster.

            I smiled and closed the door shut behind me.

            But I guess it would be nice to have him as my own...