chapter seven

Mindless

chapter seven


Tangying shifted in bed. It was certainly uncomfortable without Tao beside her. She had gotten used to falling asleep in his arms, But maybe, she could give love another chance. Tao couldn’t end up like Luhan; she was sure of it. But, is it wrong to be falling in love with someone who is practically your enemy?

Tangying groaned, her eyes flickering open. “How would you feel if you were killed by the enemy, who loved you, Huang Zitao?”

Taking a deep breath, Tangying stood up, and began to change. Pulling her shirt over her head, her eyes lingered over her dragon shaped tattoo. Her personal marking; the mark of a murderer. “I’m sorry Tao,” she muttered.

“You can’t change me. I have to kill you,” she tried to convince herself. “But... I love you,”

Tangying paused, and grasped at her hair in frustration. “I need to go clear my head,”

She grabbed her purse, burst out of her room, dashing past Tao and ran out of his house. The latter staring blankly at Tangying...

“... , I missed her,” Tao growled.


Tangying watched the ridiculously affectionate couple in front of her, and groaned. reaching out her arm, she grabbed Yixing’s arm, and pulled him over to her side of the table, and slid in so Kris could not get near him.

“We’re here to discuss my problems,” Tangying hissed. “Not watch you two make a o,”

Yixing’s face turned bright red, and Kris smirked.

“I wouldn’t mind making one with you, Xingxing baby,” Kris winked. Yixing covered his face in embarrassment.

Tangying stared at him in disgust. “That’s disgusting, gege. I don’t want to hear about your lives!”

Kris grinned. “You brought it up.” he pointed out. She rolled her eyes. “So, what’s up, Shuchun?”

“For now, since we’re in a public cafe, my name is Li Tangying,” Tangying smiled. Kris nodded, and made a kissy face at Yixing.

“Fanfan! Stop that,” Yixing pouted.

“Anything for you, babe,” Kris replied.

Tanging rolled her eyes again, and connected her face to the table. Yes, she loved how cute they were, and she believed there were times when fangirling was necessary, but that was certain times. Right now, was definitely not one of those times.

Tangying lifted her face off the table, and turned to look at Yixing, who would probably care, only to see Kris and Yixing parting from a kiss. The latter’s hair messed up, and Kris’ tie somewhat out of place. Tangying twitched, and suddenly had the urge to tie them both up, and put them on opposite sides of the room for a time-out.

“Hey, are you going to listen to me, or not?” Tangying growled. Kris and Yixing abruptly nodded.

“Of course,” Yixing chimed.

“So, is it about Zitao?” Kris wondered.

“Yes, actually... Yixing gege, I noticed your hesitation when you assigned me this job. Wufan gege, Yixing gege, I want you to stop hiding things from me. What is your relationship with Huang Zitao?” Tangying questioned.

Kris raised an eyebrow. ‘Quick and straight to the point, that was always how she was.’ he noted. She only ever called him by his Chinese name when; a, she was seriously pissed, or b, when she was very serious.

Kris chuckled. “Huang Zitao is an old friend. He would have been your third father if he hadn’t left, and if he wasn’t your age,”

Yixing blinked. “We were close friends, actually. Zitao saved Fanfan’s life. Had Zitao not interfered with the White Tigers’ plans, Fanfan, along with the rest of the Black Scorpions would be dead—including the medical force; which includes me.”

“He risked his life to save many others. He’s a good man, Tangying,” Kris continued.

“But the Tigers hold a grudge,” Yixing added. “Everyone who was involved in Zitao’s plan of escape is being targeted. But, Wufan, Zitao and myself are the last of them.”

As an afterthought, Yixing added; “Although, I think they’re planning to have the Black Scorpions kill Zitao, and then have Generation X kill everyone remaining...”

“That’s why we never stopped you, Tangying,” Kris whispered.

“We trusted you would never turn against us. Wufan and myself; we truly love you,” Yixing explained. “And I’m sure he loves you too,”

“Save him for as long as you want, Tangying; but life is unfair, unless you run now, you two won’t have a happy ending.” Kris told her. Tangying nodded.

“Because between members of the Dragon Clan; we know things others do not,” Yixing finished.

The Dragon Clan. She was a member too. She sighed, and stood up, bowing to her two fatherly figures.

“Thank you, I think I should go back home now,” Tangying smiled.

Yixing’s eyes twinkled. “Home? You mean Tao’s house? Ooh, someone’s feeling safe in his arms,” Yixing cooed, dramatically hugging Kris.

Tangying laughed at Yixing’s attempt to brighten the mood.

Yixing glared at Kris, and the elder man quickly hugged Yixing back; both making really disgusting lovey dovey noises. Tangying narrowed her eyes. She opened to speak, but the embarrassing duo just cut her off. She began laughing at their ridiculousness, and the stopped. Yixing smiled happily, as Tangying laughed uncontrollably. He squeezed Kris tightly.

“She’s adorable, isn’t she, baby?” Yixing whispered.

Kris chuckled. “Of course, she’s like our daughter...”

“No, she is our daughter,” Yixing corrected. “And it’s been too long since she has laughed...”

Tangying’s laughter died, and she smiled at Kris and Yixing. She got back up, and slung her back around her shoulder. As she walked away, Yixing’s smile dropped.

‘Stay strong, Shuchun... because Tao can give you a happiness, that Wufan and I could never give you. Only you at this point, will understand the meaning behind the saying that ‘love is suffocating’,’


Mentally, Tangying prepared herself to apologize to Tao for running away yesterday. But she found herself standing at the front door of Tao’s flat, without his car in the driveway. Twisting the key into the lock, she pushed her way into the house. Her eyes widened at the sight of a cute boy lounging on the couch. His fluffy hair stuck out of his hoodie, and half of his face—from his jawline to the bridge of his nose—was covered with a black mask. He was dressed in full black, and Tangying rolled her eyes as she saw the silver embroidery on his sleeve. EXO. 

‘I have no idea why you’re in my house, but your presence irritates me,’ she thought.

Tangying scoffed, and the boy noticed her for the first time. Looking up from his phone, he smirked at her, and she eyed him disgustedly.

“As a fellow assassin,” she snarled sarcastically. “I think your disguise is ridiculously inconspicuous,

The boy grinned. “I know,” he responded cockily.

‘ you,’


author’s comments


Okay, so. That’s a pretty damn long chapter. LOL about as long as it gets when you’re reading from me; unless it’s a oneshot.

So, anyone feel like guessing who our cute cocky boy is? ^^

Happy birthday to Kris~ (obviously by EST.) I decided to update on his birthday because there’s a lot of him in this chapter. xD

Yes. I ship Krispy Lays. Hardcore. Hehehehehe.

I love you guys!

@ akodawsileni: Your answer; YES! They do remember him, eonni! =D SARANGHAAAEEE!! <3 =P