chapter six

Mindless

chapter six


The whole world froze for Tangying as he said those six words. They replayed themselves like some sort of chant, and they made Tangying dizzy. I’m falling in love with you. I’m falling in love with you. She couldn’t respond to him. It was too dangerous to discover if she felt the same way. She was after his life; and she wouldn’t be able to kill him if she had fallen in love with him. She knew he felt some sort of attraction to her, as he did ask her to be his girlfriend—in which she has very nicely declined.

“Tangying?” Tao whispered, staring deep into her eyes.

She blinked twice, and her gaze landed on the lips of the elder male. Their shape and soft appearance drew her in, and before she knew it; Tao’s lips were against hers. Their mouths moved in perfect synchronization with each other as both minds delved into sheer bliss. Losing themselves in the kiss, Tao tightened his grip around Tangying’s waist, and Tangying tangled her fingers into Tao’s ebony hair.

This is wrong.

Tangying swiftly pulled away as her conscious finally managed to tackle her. Tao let out a whine of disapproval at the sudden loss of contact, but didn’t try to gain it back. He noticed the change in her behavior. Tangying stood up, and ran to her room like the weak, stupid, dramatic girl she wasn’t. She went back to that room she hadn’t stepped into since three weeks ago.

Tao didn’t run after her; he sat on the couch, reflecting on his actions. Had he been too sudden with his advance? Had she not wanted to kiss him? Had she not felt the same way?


Lying sprawled out on her bed, Tangying groaned. She was clearly becoming too attached to her target. Her door was pushed open, and Ebony, Tao’s black cat walked into the room. Ebony jumped on the bed, and snuggled up beside Tangying; almost as if saying ‘I’m here for you’. Tangying couldn’t do this any longer. The further she fell, the harder it would be to reach her goal. Even though she had a bad love life history, Tangying knew; once you fall, you’ll never stand up. She needed to stop, before it was too late. Before history repeated itself, and Tao became the second Luhan.

Luhan... I’m still in love with you after all this time. Tangying thought. Even after your betrayal, even after our argument. Why are you doing this to me? Why am I in love with you? Why can’t I stop loving you, Luhan?

Ebony meowed, and Tangying the cat’s fur. She sighed as the cat mewled in contentment. Tangying picked up the cat, and quickly checked for any sound recording devices, then began talking to Ebony. The cat whined in response as Tangying squeezed her a bit too hard.

“It’s so easy to just pull the trigger and blow his brains out,” she mumbled into Ebony’s fur. “I have done it a million times before, so why not now?”

Ebony meowed, and as if she understood, Tangying widened her eyes in sheer shock.

“I’m not in love with him, right?”


Tao rolled over in his bed, and groaned. He missed cuddling against Tangying’s body as the slept. Their relationship wasn’t anything ual, just in Tao’s eyes, close friends. But in Tangying’s eyes, it was the relationship of a deceiving killer and her victim. He blinked at the red lights that represented the numbers on his clock. 1:54 a.m. He wondered if Tangying had difficulty sleeping without him. He was way too attached. He hadn’t been this glued to something or someone since his last girlfriend, but they had broken up because Tao was apparently too clingy.

But in all honesty, all Tao and Tangying needed, was for someone to love them as themselves. Love them with their whole heart. But at this point, all they had was each other. On Tangying’s behalf, Yixing and Wufan wouldn’t count, because although they loved her, their hearts belonged to each other.

Tao sighed. “Tangying... why do I feel like you’re hiding something from me?”

He continued. “You can trust me; I tell you everything, so why can’t you do the same? Have I not gained your trust?”

Unbeknownst to Tao, tears dripped from his eyes.

“I love you, Tangying. Can you not accept that?”


author comments


Ehehehehehe~ it's kinda short...

But... at least they kissed? xD Hehehe~

Be a doll and leave me a comment, ne?

Byee~~