chapter ten

Mindless

chapter ten: final


True to her words, the instant she woke up, Shuchun went down to the living room, and began assembling her gun. It was her last day to complete her mission before Jongin stepped in. It was no use to bribe Jongin to do anything, as they both knew the consequences. If Shuchun didn’t kill Zitao, then Yixing and Wufan would be hunted down and killed, along with all the other members of the Dragon Clan; if Jongin ran, he would be labeled as a traitor, and his mafia branch, EXO—his family—would be killed, while he was left to suffer. No one would ever want their family to disappear from existence. It was the Black Scorpion code to fight for each other’s as if they were family. But in both Shuchun and Jongin’s cases; they were family—regardless of blood ties or not.

She ran her hand across the engraving on her gun. A single dragon that intertwined itself with a scorpion and a rose. Her personal symbol. Her marking. The sign of an assassin. A killer... a murderer. She sighed as she thought back to her past missions. They were easy. It was a simple game of playing with hearts, and then taking lives. But Tao was a different story. She has let her guard down, and now she faced the consequences.

Never once had she shed a tear during a mission. But once again, Tao was different. He wasn’t afraid of her. He was accepting of the fact that she was going to kill him. It was ridiculous; truly and utterly foolish.
Another sigh escaped her lips as she slipped her last magazine into the gun. She had brought three with her while preparing for her mission, but she had spent the last few days blowing apart trees to calm her down. Yixing would have been disappointed in her poor treatment to nature.

The stairs creaked as Tao walked down. His dark, sharp eyes lingered across the weapon in her hand, and they both stared at each other longingly. It was a love that was never meant to be. Almost as cliché as the typical story of Romeo and Juliet. Shuchun forced a smile as she look at Tao.

“Good morning...” she whispered.

Tao gave a slight nod. “It’s a beautiful morning indeed...”

“The sun shines as if nothing is wrong,” Shuchun adds.

“But the world is so deceiving...” Tao finishes.

Another moment of silence and Shuchun trembles as she holds the gun.

“Shoot,” Tao whispers.

“I can’t,”

“Do it, Shuchun,” Tao says, force evident in his voice.

“I can’t,” she repeats. “I can’t kill y-you,”

“Yes you can, I’m like everyone else,” Tao argues. “You’ve done this so many times before. Why are you hesitating now?”

“No, Tao, you’re spe—,”

“Wang Shuchun, in the name of our broken, twisted love, I command you to shoot!” Tao yells the authority clear in his voice.

It was all she needed to pull the trigger thrice. Three loud gunshots rang through the room. Her aim was completely off as she trembled in the seat. But off or not, out of the three seats, she landed two. One in his left leg, and the other on the right side of his waist. His balance wavered from the blood loss, and he fell to the ground. Shuchun stood up, and slid her gun over to his body. She walked over, and shakily kissed him, murmuring a brief ‘I love you’, before she left the house. Leaving her gun—as a mark that she was there—and him—to die.

Her footsteps weren’t as confident as they were every other time she completed a mission. She walked almost like a drunk person; staggering as she made her way down the street. With every step she took, her heart broke a bit more. With every breath she took, the more reality sank in. She killed him. She murdered her lover.

As far as her mind went, she had no idea where she was going now, but her heart seemed set on a destination.


“I’m rather disappointed in you,” the man before her sighed as he let her into the building.

“I’m sorry,” she replied.

“Yes, of course you are,” he laughed dryly. “That’s why you’re here,”

Shuchun didn’t respond.

“You’re here to hide,” he sneered. “The Royal Almighty Mafia Princess is here to hide,”

The girl on his left mocked laughter, and grinned at Shuchun.

“Hey, Kyuhyun,” she smirked. “Did you notice that the initials of Shuchun’s nickname, spells ‘tramp’?”

She turned to Shuchun, and lifted up her chin with the gun she held. “,”

“Choi Jinri, Cho Kyuhyun,” a hard voice growled from the top of the staircase. “Stop, that’s enough,”

Jinri and Kyuhyun backed away from Shuchun, and Jinri lowered the gun that she was mocking Shuchun with. Shuchun looked up at the sound of his voice.

“Oppa...” Jinri whimpered as he shot her a deathly glare.

“What?” he snapped, his eyes lingered over Jinri for a brief moment. His eyes softened when he trailed them over to Kyuhyun, and he sighed, flipping his hair back. “Don’t tease our guests, love,”

Both Kyuhyun and Jinri dropped to their knees, and apologized for their behaviour. Clearly, the flamboyant man was of high importance, and Shuchun knew exactly how important he was. Kim Heechul was the leader of Generation X. He was in charge of seventy percent of all the offense units in the Black Scorpions. He was definitely not one to be messed with. Like Wufan, he was one of the Black Scorpion leader’s head ministers.

Heechul turned to Shuchun. “Why hello there, Princess,”

Shuchun gave a bare nod of acknowledgement. “Heechul,”

“Why might you be...” he paused. “In the Generation X headquarters?”

Shuchun bit her lip. “I don’t know,” she admitted.

“You’re hiding,” Kyuhyun called out. Heechul glared at him.

“Shut up,” Heechul barked. Kyuhyun shrank back, and Heechul turned back to Shuchun.

“My, my... what have we here?” Heechul smirked. “A lost soul?”

Heechul took his own hand, and examined Shuchun’s face.

“Sunkyu,” he called.

The warehouse’s second floor door opened, and a girl with short blonde hair stepped out. She spun a gun between her fingers and grinned.

“Shuchun, dear... it’s been a while,” she cooed.

Sunkyu strut down the stairs, and towards Shuchun. A mocking ‘have you decided to give in to Generation X yet’, came from Sunkyu’s lips. Shuchun’s left hand gripped on the hem of her shirt, and her right fingers ran along the holster that held her extra gun. Sunkyu stopped walking about a foot away from Shuchun. She leaned closer, and tilted Shuchun’s chin, to get a better view of her face. Shuchun wore it was like a Generation X habit to do this.

“So, our Mafia Princess,” Sunkyu smirked. “How are you?”

The gun in Sunkyu’s hand was raised to Shuchun’s head, but the nineteen year old just stood there. The rivalry between the Dragon Clan’s Mafia Princes, Wang Shuchun, and Generation X’s Manipulating Princess, Lee Sunkyu was something that had been there since the beginning of Shuchun’s mafia career. Sunkyu would do anything to claim her spot as the Mafia Queen, and although they were part of the same mafia grouping, Sunkyu would take Shuchun’s life in a split second.

‘I deserve to die,’ she thought, biting back tears.

“Pull the trigger, Su—” Shuchun started.

A loud bang was heard, and the side door of the warehouse fell down, revealing two people. A girl with long brown hair, holding a gun, in a stance that clearly showed she just kicked a door down and a man with an equally frightening weapon.

“Throw your weapons down, step away from the girl, and put your hands in the air,” a male voice rang through the warehouse clearly. There was no mistaking the tone of his voice; this guy was a head police officer.

Shuchun looked up at the figure in shock, and it confirmed her suspicions, as her eyes lingered on the figure of the male behind the duo who mercilessly knocked down the door.

‘Never thought you’d catch on,’ Shuchun thought, giving him a look.

‘I’m better than you think,’ was the message that was portrayed by the look her returned. She really didn’t think he would understand her subtle ‘save me’ message.

“Head Officer of the Huifei National Police Force; Lu Han,” he declared, making his position clear.

“,” Heechul cursed.

“You are all under arrest for the following illegal activities,” he continued.

The man who stood behind Luhan stepped up. “Illegal drug trafficking, illegal trafficking, murder...”

The list went on as some of the Generation X members tried to escape, quickly being caught by Luhan’s minions. Luhan rolled his eyes, as the man continued listing things.

“Yunho, that’s enough,” Luhan said. “Arrest them,”

Luhan’s team moved into the room, and the team of ten began to handcuff the Generation X members, escorting them out of the building. The only girl on the team stayed back, standing about five feet away from Luhan, awaiting orders. She followed him when he walked towards Shuchun, but kept her distance.

“You knew all along that I was a cop, didn’t you?” Luhan whispered, as his team dragged everyone out.

“Yeah,” she replied. “Officer Lu. It has a nice ring to it,”

There was a silence.

“Xiao Lu,” Shuchun said.

“Yeah?”

“Thank you,”

Luhan smiled. “You’re welcome. You are beyond lucky that I’m nice,”

Shuchun managed a small grin. “You’re still as cocky as ever,”

“Okay, Chunnie,” Luhan said. “It’s time for you to go,”

Shuchun nodded, holding out her wrists to Luhan.

“Jessica,” he called. The girl who kicked down the door came over, and clasped Shuchun’s hands in the cuffs.

“Good luck,” she whispered to Shuchun, before ushering her towards the door. They both knew the meaning behind that wish of good luck. It was a wish for Shuchun to have a decent life during her lifetime imprisonment. It was coming, she wasn’t surprised. All this was expected.

She glanced back at Luhan one last time, and gave him a genuine smile—her last.

‘Thank you,’


Shuchun leaned back against the concrete wall, and sighed. She had made herself rather comfortable in the past six months, but she was lacking company. The prison guard, Oh Sehun, talked to her, but only sometimes. There was time when Luhan, and a sad Yixing and Wufan visited as well. Almost six months ago, Luhan had his first visit. He was there to report that Tao’s body was found, and that the murder remains unknown. At that, he had given her a look.

“No point in arresting the arrested,” he had said.

For the first two months in her imprisonment, Shuchun cried often; thinking about Tao. It was hard for her to have actually killed someone she truly loved. Personally, she would have preferred to be where Tao was at the moment. The afterlife sounded almost inviting. She felt like dying, but even as a criminal, Tao would have wanted her to live on for the both of them.

Clattering and tinkling of keys were heard, and a groan, as one of the other no-so-nice guards threw a boy into the cell across from hers. She waited until he got settled, and then began to speak.

“Hey,” she called.

“The boy looked up. “What?”

“What’s your name?”

“Kyungsoo,” he answered hesitantly. “Do Kyungsoo,”

He paused, debating on whether he should add something. His already wide eyes widened a bit as he noticed how intently Shuchun was staring at him.

“Former EXO member. It’s a mafia,” he explained. “I joined early April,”

She smiled. Meeting a member from a subgroup of her old mafia was a good thing. Maybe they had one thing in common.

“How did you get yourself in here?” she grinned.

Kyungsoo laughed dryly. “To make a long story short, I may or may not have killed someone for the sake of my love for another member of EXO.”

He glanced at her. “Kim Jongin, ever heard of him?”

Shuchun smiled. Or maybe they had more than one thing in common. Love seems to make you a prisoner.

“Yes,” she replied. “In fact, I know him,”


author's comments


Final chapter: 2310 words. I don’t even...

First thing's first.
Terrible ending is terrible.
I really enjoyed writing this fic... although I feel incredibly guilty for killing Tao.
Like, don’t get me wrong, I love Tao! It’s just... well... yeah...

Secondly, I hope you liked this fic. I thank each and every one of you for supporting me until this point.
Thank you~

Leave me one final comment? XD
I’d like to know what you think about the ending...
OH! AND WHO EXPECTED HANNIE TO BE AN UNDERCOVER COP? LOL

And yes, Huifei National Police force as in Kris; I can fly. LOL
Ehehehe~ love you all~

~Yiii