The special taskforce

SINS

 

Two weeks went past and yet there was still no breakthrough to this case. The public started growing restless and complains of how useless the police force were could be found written in many of the major forums and reported by the media. All the previous evidence they had gathered led to dead ends and no new evidence had surfaced. Strained under all the public pressure they were facing, the command was given by the police chief that evening to set up a special taskforce for such cases.

All the heads of the various departments were called in for an emergency meeting to decide who should be in this task force but nothing concrete could be concluded by the time it ended and frustration hung in air. The creak of the opening door interrupted their train of thoughts and everyone had annoyance written all over their face as they looked up. The police chief stroded into the room accompanied by a petite lady and he stood by the front, with his arms around her shoulder. Beaming proudly, his voice boomed out loudly as he introduced her to everyone in the room. "Guys, this is Kim Taeyeon, a person I am sure many of you are familiar with." 

Taking a step forward, Taeyeon bowed at the crowd before her and smiled before allowing the chief to introduce her further. "Kim Taeyeon, a person many of us have depended on before to help solve our uncrackable cases. She graduated with honours in criminology from Cambridge and is now teaching at one of the local universities. Even the interpol and FBI have seeked her help in the past so I am sure she is the best choice to lead the special task force we are setting up."

Glad that someone is willing to step in and pick up the slack, many of the heads looked relieved as they exited out from the meeting room, making dinner and weekend plans. When everyone had left, Taeyeon opened up the laptop before her and started reading up on the details of the case. Her first task at hand, was to look through the police personnel's files and search for members to set up her own group. Having made dinner plans beforehand, the police chief excused himself and informed Taeyeon that he would be sending in his assistant to replace him instead. 

The gentle knockings on the door alerted Taeyeon of a new entry and she looked up at the person that had just stepped in. The smiling eyes was the first to capture her attention, making it hard for her not to smile back in return. After polite greetings were exchanged, she watched on as the person got to work immediately, her fingers flying over the keyboard to locate the personnel files that Taeyeon needed.

After the files were retrieved, they pored through it labouriously, in search of the perfect candidates. Sneaking glances at the girl that was now sitting beside her, Taeyeon observed her carefully and found herself greatly attracted to the way she was working. Her eyes seem to sparkle along with her flying fingers and her smile was contagious causing Taeyeon to smile along with her unconsciously. Unable to revert her eyes, Taeyeon gathered up her courage and spoke up "So what's your name? Why can't I find you inside the personnel folder?"

The person's fingers froze in mid air and she looked up at Taeyeon with a surprised expression "Me? Why do you need to see my file for?"

Smiling, Taeyeon rubbed the sleep from her eyes and replied "Cause I want you to join the special taskforce I am setting up."

Widening her eyes in shock, the girl asked "Why me?"

Looking obviously amused, Taeyeon turned her attention back to the laptop before answering "Its simple, It takes someone special to be able to become the police chief's assistant." Pleased at the excuse she had conjured up so last minute, Taeyeon placed her fingers over the keyboard and asked "So? Whats your name then."

=========================================================================================================================

A brief check on the female assistant's details revealed to Taeyeon that her name was Tiffany. She was a prodigy since birth, and at the age of 12, she had taught herself the basis of computer programming and has by now risen to become the Vice president of the International Association of Internet security. She is able to speak 5 different languages and was discovered by the pentagon in US. They were tracking down the top ten hackers in the world and happened to stumble upon her. She was then invited to lend her abilities to the US goverment to assist in the solving of a few computers crime. One thing led to another and soon she became a permanant addition to the police force in Korea.

Pleased with her lucky discovery, Taeyeon scrolled down the database and stopped at a name that sounded vaguely familiar to her. Jabbing her finger on the picture displayed on the screen, she turned to Tiffany and said "I want her in my taskforce."

Looking at the picture displayed on the screen, Tiffany's forehead creased into a frown and she had a troubled expression on her face. "Are you sure you want her? There are many other better candidates that are more well behaved."

Nodding her head, Taeyeon stuck firm to her decision and asked Tiffany where this current person is right now. Heaving a deep sigh, Tiffany checked the records and informed Taeyeon that this candidate of hers was currently suspended from duties and is now being held in the detention center for causing bodily harm to one of the suspect during the interrogation process.

"Kwon Yuri, Ex marine combat instructor. Winner of the National Martial Art Champsionship in year 2008 and 2009. Feigned illness to participate in the 2010 Japan K1 Competition and managed to obtain the golden belt. After winning that trophy, she was somehow banned from participating in anymore international competitions. According to rumors, it is said that she had caused her final opponent to become permanently disabled from waist down by damaging his spinal cord, but that was never confirmed. She is also the record holder in the police force for having the most number of complains. Many of which includes, committing unneccesary act of violence on suspects, illegal usage of weaponeries and the last being, severely injuring suspects that resist arrests. On the good side, she is also the triple crowned champion for the inter police force shooting competition and record holder for obstacle clearance."

"Arrange for bail at once and resume her duties, then get her to report here tomorrow morning at 9am sharp." Looking at Tiffany, Taeyeon smirked "She's your responsibility now" 

Opening to protest, Tiffany was cut off before she could utter the first word by the jabbing of Taeyeon's finger yet again. "Bring this person here too, she will be the final addition to our team. Make sure they both reports here tomorrow." Looking at the picture, Tiffany read the name below "Im Yoona? I have never heard her name before. Which department is she in?" 

Standing up, Taeyeon pointed to the laptop in front of her, "You have 12 hours to find out." Leaving a trail of evil laughter behind, Taeyeon opened the door and exited the room.