Afraid of Losing You

Afraid of Losing You

 

Jessica’s POV

                “Jung Sooyeon, don’t you dare leave just like that!” He yelled at me as I held the door knob of one of SM’s practice room. Right now we are in the vocal practice room, because we wanted to practice our singing performance for the next collaboration. Yes, it is me… and him.

                Kim Jonghyun. You know him, right? Like, who doesn’t? He has an awesome vocal, also good looks, he is- or going to be ‘was’, my boyfriend.

                “I can leave whenever I want, okay? You’re not the boss of me!” I yelled back as I was rising in anger.

                “But I am your boyfriend,” he held my wrist and I struggled.

                “Let me go, Kim Jonghyun!” I yelled as I tried to break free.

                “We HAVE to finish this talk!”

                “This is the finish line for me, so I’m leaving!”

**

Donghae’s POV
                I walked along the quiet SM hallway, where no one is supposed to be here. I used the dance practice room every late night when I have my mind bothered on… something- or someone, exactly.

                “Let me go, Kim Jonghyun!” I suddenly heard a yell from a very familiar voice. The voice came from a vocal practice room at the end of the hallway. I ran there and saw a peek of Jessica struggling to Jonghyun’s strong grip.

                “We HAVE to finish this talk!”

                “This is the finish line for me, so I’m leaving!”

                “I am not done!”

                “Let go of me, Jonghyun!” she struggled hardly. Seeing that scene, I walked in and interrupted the anger-boiled scene. I held Jessica’s wrist on Jonghyun’s grip and glared at him.

                “Jonghyun, let Sooyeon go,” I said in a low voice. “This is not her fault. I was the one who asked her to meet up.”

                “I thought you’re a good sunbae of mine, a good hyung of mine, but why did you do this?” Jonghyun let go of Jessica’s wrist, so I let go too and he pushed me to the floor.

                “Jjong!”

                Jonghyun scoffed. “Fine, just go with him, and take his side. I don’t even know which one of us is your boyfriend, and which one is your ex.” He said the word ‘ex’ as he deepened his glare to me.

                Jessica stood quietly with her face all red. Her eyes were wet, and I saw tears were forming. I bet they could drop just anytime soon.

                “I’m s-so…,” she stuttered. All of us waited for her to complete her words. “I’m sorry,” she gulped and a tear rolled on her cheek. She quickly turned around and ran leaving this practice room.

                So it is only me and Jonghyun now.

**

Jonghyun’s POV

                There he was, sitting on the floor, watching Sooyeon- my Sooyeon, left.

                “Let’s talk, man to man,” he said calmly. I clenched my fists and put them inside my pocket.

                “Talk.”

                I know it is not a good way to talk to your senior, but I just can’t help it. I was boiled in anger, with him, with Jessica, with the world!

                “I’m sorry about what I did. I ‘m really sorry,” he said, then he took a deep breath. “I just can’t forget her. I still have her under my skin.”

                I scoffed at his statement.

                “I know this is ridiculous, but I can’t get her off my mind,” he continued.

                “Then why did you leave her!? You hurt her that that time!”

                “I realized that she only loved you from the beginning. But because you didn’t feel the same for her at that time, and you dated Shin Sekyung-ssi… She just looked for a place to runaway, which was me. I had been her brother all along for her, although I have a lot more feelings than just sister about her. And maybe she mistook that comfortable feeling being around me as love,” he said calmly. He stood up and cleaned his jeans.

                “I broke up with her so she could realize that it was you that she loved all along. It hurts me that I have to let go of her, but it hurts me more seeing her so in love with you, but didn’t realize it. She was naive back then, and I was using the moment to make her mine,” he kept on explaining about the past.

                “I love her, I always do. I still love her until now, I can’t forget her. I asked her to meet up, because I missed her. I have no intention of taking her away from you.”

                I kept quiet listening to my hyung’s words. I took every single word carefully.

                “You know what, Jjong, as a man, I know how you feel. You were jealous and afraid to lose her, am I right?” he spoke again. He sighed as a response, and I took that as a yes. “That’s why you should go chase her now. You know where she would be. Chase her and tell her that you don’t want to lose her.”

                He turned around and headed to the door. “I hope there won’t be any hurt feelings around us. You’re still my brother, Jjong.” Then he left.

**

                I ran to the recording room, located at the second floor of the building. There are a few recording rooms, but I know which room I am supposed to enter. The second door after the stairway. I stood in front of the door and took a deep breath. Control yourself, Jjong!

                I opened the door slowly, then I saw a glimpse of a petite body curled in the corner with her head leaning on the wall.

                “Sooyeon ah,” I called her softly, but she didn’t response.

                It was dark, so I couldn’t see clearly. I walked closer to her and bent down. I saw her facial features and gently removed her hairs from her face. I saw her eyes, they were puffy. I bet she was crying a while ago. I caressed her cheek slowly, and whispered, “I love you…”

                I took off my jacket and sat next to her. Then I held her head so I can move it to lean on my shoulder, instead of the wall, and cover her body with my jacket. I kissed her head softly and whispered some sorry words. I knew she couldn’t hear it, but I still want to say it.

**

Jessica’s POV

                I woke up with a warm feeling inside me. I opened my eyes slowly and realized that I was leaning into something- no! Not something! But someone. Someone who I missed so much. I miss his soft smile, playful chuckles, sweet kisses, even his erted jokes. I miss everything about him. I looked up to make sure it was him. I smiled as soon as I was sure. Then suddenly his eyes fluttered and opened slowly.

                “Sooyeon ah,” she called me with his wake up voice. I chuckled because I found it cute, somehow.

                “Jonghyun, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have met up with Donghae Oppa that night, and I shouldn’t have made it into a big problem with you. I shouldn’t have ran away last night and left you with Donghae Oppa alone. I should’ve been there and fix things to you. I’m just really sorry,” I said in a breath.

                Jonghyun smiled softly at me. A smile that I have been longing for so long.

                “Don’t say sorry, you did nothing wrong,” he said sweetly as he pulled me for a hug. I hugged him back tightly and smiled. “I am sorry too, for accusing you cheating on me with Donghae Hyung. He told me some things yesterday, and I realized that maybe I was...jealous. Also, maybe I was…,” he gulped. “Afraid of losing you.”

                I giggled as soon as he said that. I was about to look up to him, but he immediately held the top of my head, trying to make his face unseenable from me. “Don’t look!” he ordered, but softly.

                I giggled again and took a peek. His face was burning red and I found it VERY cute, so I hugged him even tighter.

                “I love you, Jung Sooyeon,” he whispered sweetly.

                “I love you too, Kim Jonghyun.”

**