The Last Letter [Song Fiction, One-shot]

The Last Letter [Song Fiction] *Revised*

~I remember the image of you who waited for me again today

from time to time, when things get tough, I always think of you.

When i'm happy, we laugh together and loving hearts are always abounding.

Now, Having just recieved your heart, I'll give everything back.~

 

Kim Jae Joong

You must be an alien if you dont know me. Everything on media is mostly about me. I could even be in the dictionary if i wanted to. I have all the fame and riches anyone could ever have and most of all, I have a girl that loves me so much.

Thursday evening, I was stretching my way along the cliff side to meet you. You were very eager on the phone so I immediately went to meet you. Then I saw you sitting on a bench alone and feeling scared. I cheerfully gave you a reassuring smirk as i waved "hello". I knew it would make you feel better.

" You're late!" You instantly smiled as I twined my fingers between yours.

"Happy Birthday" You greeted cheerfully.

Having a friend like you means everything to me.

"Thank you!" I involuntarily chuckled and you laughed with me.

" I have a present for you." You smiled thoughtfully. I rolled my eyes expecting something really corny and childish. But that night, I recieved the most vaulable present I could ever wish for.

"Jae joong oppa, do you like me?" You asked. Joy and Excitement filled my heart as I wondered what you were trying to tell me. You know I'm inlove with you.

" No I dont!" I said playfully. Your eyes was suddenly filled with disappointment as you watched me laugh out loud. " Yu ri, I love you. "

"Hah!" You rolled your eyes and turned your back on me.

" So... Where's my present?" I asked.

"I dont know. She's mad at you!" 

"What?!" I thought i just felt my heart burst with joy. " You've got to be kidding me!" I hugged you from the back and kissed your cheek. " Thank you." 

I sighed with contentment.

 

My Confession

The moment i open my eyes in the morning, I want to see you.

The person who has woke me up from my deep sleep.

When i'm standing before her, I become dumbfounded.

I'm not able to say a single word, Because i can't ever breathe right..

 

Friday, I woke up still trying to absorb the gift I had last night. After six years of friendship, I still cant believe you're actually my girlfriend already. I washed up hastily and got ready for my photoshoot. When i got to the set, everybody on the group was done with their shooting so i quickly prepared for my turn.

I was completely shocked when i saw you waving happily at me, you were holding a special camera used only for professional photoshooting. I grinned as i started to walk awkwardly towards you. 

"You're late again." You smirked.

"Wh- what are you doing here?" I stuttered as my co-members surrounded us with their face all a smug.

"Hyung, why dont you introduce us to your girl?" Yoo chun smiled.

"I- uh.." I cleared my throat and felt a strike of electricity when you suddenly grabbed my hand and bowed before them.

"Hey guys, I'm Kwon Yu ri, it's nice meeting you all!" You confidently introduced yourself. Your mood seemed to lighten up the atmosphere and ease up my tension.

" I thought you and hyung were just friends?" Yun ho asked.

I still couldn't force words out of my mouth, I was stupidly feeling half nervous and a littlle too tongue -tied whenever you're beside me. I just smiled and curled my arms around you. 

" Well, we're still friends anyway." I smiled.

Not wishing for anymore attention, I pulled you to start our shooting. Doing a photoshoot with someone so angelic as you was so frustrating and awkward. Sometimes i cant help but to keep watching you seriously taking pictures like a professional photographer. No matter how many times you tell me to face the camera, I always end up with my eyes on you. I feel really stupid for it but you still commend me for looking so good in the camera. Thank you.

 

Life couldn't get better, I'll hold you in my arms and fly.

We'll fly towards the blue moon, i'll kiss you when you're sleeping

Life couldn't get better, Open your heart and take mine.

Life couldn't get better.

 

It was already past midnight when we and our crew finished the shooting. You yawned tiredly as we settle ourselves in the bus seat and the staff and workers load the things we used for the photoshoot.

"You're tired." I said as i curl my arms across your shoulders and traced the dark circle below your eyes. You Sighed and leaned against me, beginning to fall asleep.

"Just wake me up when we're near." You reminded me and held my hand.

"Okay, sleep well.' I kissed your hair and sighed. You cant describe the feeling of this. It seemed to me that nothing could ever ruin this moment.

"Are you alseep?" I asked. You just nodded and chuckled. I laughed with you and you craned your neck and press you lips gently on mine.

"Goodnight." You whispered as you went completely to sleep. I leaned my head on yours and grinned widely. You sure know how to make my day. That night, I was decided. It's going to be only you forever.

Life couldn't get better.

 

                                                                                 *       *       *      *      *

I was in the midst of falling asleep when a loud screech pierced through my eardrums. My eyes instantly flew open.

" Holy --" Our bus driver exclaimed as a rushing truck screeched it's way uncontrollably towards us. It all happened in a flash and all i could remember was that my arms were wrapped protctively around you. Then in just a second, you were sudenly out of my hand, bleeding severely on one corner. I was struggling to reach you when i noticed that I can't even feel my own legs. Worry and anxiety filled my heart as i eyed the whole scene of disaster.

"Hyung! -- hyung!" I recognized the voice. It was Jun su. Blood was streaming along his face as he lie helplessly on shattered glasses. I wanted so badly to help everybody but a move on my toe seemed like thw worst feeling in the world. My eyes drew to a close after a moment of hearing people murmuring with anxiety.

 

Now I cry under my skin,

my tears have gone to the skies and made the rain

that falls onto the earth and washes my newly imprinted pain.

 

I had a dream. A nightmare. But when i woke up, it didn't end. I found myself trapped in some apparatus that barely made me breathe. Worrying, I pulled off all those stupid wires to look for you. I didn't care less about any of those stabbing pain all around my limp body. All i need was to know if you're okay. The nurses immidiately caught me and tried ti pull me back. Surprised by how weak i really was, I struggled to break free.

"Jae joong sshi! --stop -- you're too weak!" One nurse yelled.

"No! I'm not! Where's Yu ri! Where is she!?" I shouted, ignoring the fans staring at me with something really incomprehensible in their eyes -- a mixture of a somewhat scared, surprised, sad and worried look.

"Bring me to her! Now!" I demanded-- still struggling.

"She's not here! she's--" The nurse trailed as she tried to strain me more.

"She's dead." The doctor said flatly.

. This must be the most stupid dream i could ever have. Hearing that you're dead is like recieving a death sentence to me. I was not believing this. This was not true.

"You idiot, stupid doctor! you're useless! what are you talking about--" I struggled helplessly as tears began to well excessively in my eyes. It had gotten worse when a medical bed was strolled in front of me. The face was covered but as i watch it pass, heaven seemed to crash down on me. I instinctively run towards it and uncovered the face. 

I didn't care about anything anymore. I lost everything, I lost my heart, my dream. i lost my world. What else is left?

Defeated, I kneeled beside your body where I cried everything in my heart. What ever the fans are thinking? I dont care.

 

 

Time is always passing by...

And i know that it can't ever come back. 

Dont leave regrets day after day. Try to swallow the anger spawn from poison.

 

... All my love forever

Kim Jae Joong

 

P.s. I hope you're happy there.

 

 

 

[Epilogue]

Kwon Yu ri

Out of somewhere in this lighted cemetery, candles are floating. Once again, its all soul's day.

I've been waiting for you but it seems like you wouldn't come to visit me this year. Here in this world where there are no more tears,  I patiently waited for you. It was near past midnight when i found this letter from you. I whole heartedly read it and reminisce our short but sweet memories. I'll be lying contentedly here in the clouds until you come. 

Saranghae. 

 

 

-- Miss Yora.

{ hope you enjoyed! Please do leave comments, let me know what you think. Ü)