Season 1- Ch 2

Fragile Love (JeTi - on-going)

---This is my writing two years ago. I feel like sharing this here in AsianFanfic so yeah. Errors should be everywhere, but as you read on this series, you'll see my progress----

 

 

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. 


The annoyance of the alarm clock was starting to bug me and so I awoke from my dream, or should I say, nightmare? I hate having dreams with Jessica in it. Every time I dream about her or anything that's connected with her, I just end up having a bad day. 


"Cheh! Best decision?" I mocked my nightmare but in reality, it was the worst decision I've made in my entire life. 


After showering, I still can't forget about my past memory of Jessica.  Of how we used to be. I suddenly realized that I'm occupying myself with thoughts of her. "Enough about Jessica! It took you years to forget about her! To block your heart from anymore pain!" I spoke to myself in front of the mirror. 

"Yup, years of hurting. So I better be prepared 'cause I know that dream is a bad omen."

 

 

 

 

Jessica
Present/Reality

 

 

 


"Yah!" I called for my sister, "Aren't you going to be late for you classes today?" It was her last year in college and yet, she kept on procrastinating. She was going to be under my supervision the moment she enters the company.  I sighed with the thought of her being there with me all day long.


"I'm too lazy. And we all know that you're the one who's going to take the company. Why work?" She said nonchalantly. 


"Yah! Do you think you can just ask for money your entire life?!"


She then grinned at me, "Yes. Yes, indeed." She was so confident about her answer. 


"Whatever. It's your life. I'll just cut your cards then... you can work as a maid for me." I decided to head out to the front door. I was really considering of getting my own place since I got back there from London. Having Krystal and Nicole around gave me headaches, especially that Krystal bum.


I had been away for so long but Korea didn't really change much. There were new buildings but it's pretty much the same. Thinking about the development in buildings, I have a meeting with Boulder Mall's people to decide on the final draft on which building to choose for their latest and biggest project on Retail Venturing. That company is owned by the Hwang family. The current head is Mr. Henry Hwang, Chairman and President of H. Bell Group and Co. 



H. Bell Group and Co. Main Office:


I walked in and went straight to the receptionist. "Hi, My name's Jessica Jung with Jung Enterprise. I have an appointment with Chairman Henry Hwang."


"Could you please take a seat and I'll just call you after an approved clearance." She said with a smile as she reached for the telephone.


I waited in the lobby, as expected from the leading company in Asia. Their lobby was just like a five star hotel lobby, very elegant. Elegance was one word to describe Tiffany.


Urgh! I mentally shook my head. No. I can't think of her right now. I have plenty of time to think about her later. Yes, plenty. I tried to convince myself.


As I looked around, I saw a young lady. She's about my age. Even if I can only see her back, I know she's beautiful. There was something about her that tells me about her beauty. She then looked my direction.


Tiffany?! I mentally yelled.


I rushed to the female that was standing there, "Finally." I said to her as I yank her hand, making her look my way.


She looked at me with her pale complexion, "Excuse me?" Even the sound of her voice was still so familiar. She pulled her hand, getting out of my light grip. She held the spot where I touched her and rubbed it with her hand.


"It's me. Jessica! Where have you been?! You didn't let me explain." I asked her in excitement forgetting all the anger I felt about her dilapidation the moment I saw her. 


She looked at me as if I was someone unknown and an escaped asylum patient. "I'm sorry but I don't know any Jessica here in Korea. You might have the wrong person." 


"So, you're not Hwang Tiffany?" I asked in defeat. After years of putting my broken heart back together, it shattered at that moment.


"No, my name's Hwang Mi Young but do you know Tiffany?" She asked looking away from me.


I followed her gaze and saw Lizzie and Sunny. They went to the same High School with me and Tiffany. I haven't seen them ever since graduation. "Yes, I know her."


"Sunny! Sooyoung!" She called. Who's Sooyoung? They both walked towards us.


"What's up?" Lizzie asked and looked at me. "Jessica?!" She was surprised about my sudden return and she suddenly looked back at Hwang Mi Young in a worried but wondering facial expression.


I looked at her and gave her a smile. "Sooyoung, she said she knows Tiffany, did she go to the same school as you guys?" She asked Lizzie.  


She looked at Hwang Mi Young confused about the situation but she suddenly nodded abruptly and in a panic, "De. De. She did go to the same High School but she only transferred in during our senior year." Lizzie informed her. Oh, that's right, I remembered that our school only allowed us to use our English names in campus. I completely forgot about that. So, that means, Sooyoung is Lizzie.


"Jessica, how's it been? We haven't seen you for a long time." Sunny then interrupted as she finally caught up with the long legged Sooyoung who got there before the short legged Sunny. 


"Yeah, I studied in Oxford so I've lived there for about four years without even visiting back to Korea." I explained myself.


She nodded then spread her arms open, giving me a tight hug, "We've missed you. We should hang out sometime soon."


"Well unfortunately, Tiffany's not here anymore. She hasn't come back since senior year. She's in the US." Hwang Mi Young informed. "I'm her cousin by the way."


We looked at her, even Sunny and Lizzie (I mean, Sooyoung), we looked at her, confused. "She's in the US?"I asked.


"Las Vegas. She's working in our hotel and casino there, well, that's the last news I've heard about her."


Sooyoung joined in, "Tiffany loves to move and travel so it's hard to track her down. She hates to give away information about her especially with the people who actually knows her during High School." 


"Yes, I heard that she hated this one backstabbing classmate in that school." Hwang Mi Young added.


I bid them goodbye and went back to the receptionist. "I'm sorry Ma'am. The chairman is out right now and won't be able to attend the appointment but he has given us permission to introduce you to our Vice President if it's fine with you." It was a relief to not have met the chairman today. I was not in the mood to work anymore. My heart was hurting so much... but I can't cry. Not here. Not now.


"That's okay, I'll reschedule the appointment. I'll call his office later." As I head out to the door, each step I take fills my eyes with more tears and finally, it started over flowing. 


I sat in my car beating my steering wheel while tears are falling, "Why do you have to hide?! WHY?! WHY!?!!!! DO YOU HATE ME THAT MUCH!?!!


"One back stabbing person?! You didn't even let me explain!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany

 


I had to keep face. I walked through the halls and kept tears from falling. I went in the Vice President- Hwang Mi Young's office, this was my personal space.  After I locked my door, all the strength was pulled out of me and my knees has gotten weak, knees on the ground as I broke down. Again. Just like how it was before.


"Why did you have to show up!? I was already fine. I smiled. I worked. I don't love. So why now when my life is at its best since you betrayed me?!" I tried to keep my voice low but the hint of anguish was still there.  "I hate Jessica. I hate her. I hate her. I hate you." 


Ever since I heard those words from her during our graduation, my world crumbled. 


I breathed in some air to help ease the pain and to calm myself from all the sobbing. 


Just pretend that you are fine, Fany. You're already here. You've proved to everyone that you're fine. You can live alone. It's fine?  I can go through this, just ignore her. Just don't look at her like the way you did before, I thought to myself.

But of course, I was lying to myself. She was the same person who made my heart skip a beat. Seeing her more beautiful won't make me want to forget. Urgh! I couldn't do this anymore. Just forget and move on. If I have to move away again, I would.