Cake

Cake

            Sehun and Luhan had just woken up in their room, early in the morning. Luhan got up first to brush his teeth. When he came out, Sehun was standing quietly in the middle of the room.

            “Look what I bought!” Sehun held up a small, round chocolate cake covered with fudge frosting. It was speckled with rainbow sprinkles and vanilla frosting balloons. On the middle top of the cake was the word ‘Hunhan’ surrounded by hearts of bright pink sugar.

            “A cake? For us?” Luhan asked in surprise. “What is it for?”

            “It’s the anniversary for when we were first labeled as a couple,” Sehun said somewhat shyly.

            “What’s inside? More chocolate?”

            “Yes.”

            “Hehe, ‘Hunhan’ sounds cute.” Sehun looked at Luhan.

            “Only because of you. It’s not like people think I’m cute,” he said.

            “I’m cute?” Luhan said, opening his eyes to make them even bigger.

            Sehun giggled at turned his face away slightly.

            “You don’t have to be shy. There’s no one else here,” Luhan said.

            “It’s not that,” Sehun said quietly.

            “Then what is it?”

            “I was just…remembering…how happy I was…when we…were…” Sehun’s voice faded into an inaudible mumble.

            “What? I can’t hear you. Say it again louder.” Sehun turned his head back to Luhan.

            “Uh, the cake is getting heavy.”

            “Oh, I’ll hold it.” Luhan took the cake and held it with both of his hands. “It is kind of heavy. And this is all chocolate?”

            “Yes it is. And it’s all for us.”A light bulb flashed in Sehun’s eyes. “Oops, I forgot the forks.”

            “Wait!” Luhan called as Sehun began to turn.

            “What?” Sehun wondered. Luhan was grinning craftily.

            “Hold on, I think I have some forks with me,” he said, his smile growing.

            “You do?” Sehun asked, confused. “But, how did you know? Why do you have forks with you?”

            “I don’t.” Sehun raised an eyebrow. Suddenly, a whole pound of chocolate cake and frosting jumped and splattered onto his face. Sehun fell backwards, but managed to stay standing.

            “Wha—hey! Luhan!” Sehun’s voice was muffled in astonishment. “What did you just do to me?”

            “Hahahaha!” Luhan laughed loudly. “I don’t need a fork! I have my tongue!” Just as Sehun began trying to scoop fudge off of his eyelids, Luhan jumped at him. They fell to the floor with a thud.

            “Oww—Luhan! I can’t see anything! Hey—what are you doing?!”

            Luhan grabbed Sehun’s arm and pulled his frosting-covered hands to his waiting tongue.

            “Luhan! Haha—that tickles! Stop that!” Sehun giggled as Luhan’s wet tongue lapped the frosting from his hands. “Hyung!”

            Luhan grabbed both of Sehun’s arms and pressed him flat.

            “Hehehehe—don’t worry, Sehun-ah. I’ll clean your face for you!”

            “What?! Nooo! Ahh! Ahhhhhh!” Sehun screamed as Luhan’s tongue scooped generous helpings of chocolate off of Sehun’s eyelids. Even without frosting on his eyes, he still couldn’t see. And now there was saliva on his face.

            “Luhan! Please—no! Your tongue! Ahh! Hyung, stop!” Luhan mercilessly the chocolate off of Sehun’s nose and cheeks.

            “The cake tastes good!” Luhan laughed. “It’s really sweet!”

            “Luhan! Ah—wait, please—ah—ohh—” Sehun gasped.

            “I’m not done yet! Still have to —I mean, clean—your lips!” Luhan giggled.

            “Ahaaaa! Your saliva! All over my face! Chocolate! Sprinkles!” Sehun cried. “Wait, did you say my lips?!”

            “Keep your mouth closed! Unless you want me to more than just your lips!” Luhan laughed. His tongue began brushing around Sehun’s lips.

            “Ahhh! Mmmmm! MMMMM!” Sehun screaming came out only as a loud, high-pitched hum. Luhan Sehun’s lip and mouth area clean.

            “There! Now you’re clean again!” Luhan said, getting off of Sehun and standing up with a big smile across his face. Sehun lay still, paralyzed. “Sehun-ah?”

            All of a sudden, Sehun jumped up and ran straight into the bathroom, bumping into the walls on the way. He managed to switch on the cold water in the sink.

            “Ahh! Gross!” Sehun said as he washed his face to actual cleanliness. He dried his face with a towel. When he finally opened his eyes, Luhan was standing in the doorway to the bathroom, staring at him with a grin. Some spots of chocolate had apparently splattered onto his face as well. In his hands were the squashed remains of the cake stuck to its platter.

            “Don’t you dare, Luhan!” Sehun said when he saw the cake. “Keep that cake away from me!”

            “Where are you going, Sehun-ah?” Luhan asked as Sehun backed up slowly. “Don’t you want to my face too?”

            “Keep it away from me! And no, I don’t want to your face!”

            “Are you sure?” Luhan begged, blocking the Sehun’s only exit. “The cake tastes really good!” Luhan started the cake he was holding. The platter blocked his frontal vision.

            Sehun attempted to sneak past Luhan, trying to stay out of sight. He leaped into the room behind Luhan. Luhan calmly went to wash his face.

            Sehun took a couple of deep breaths, touching his face and knowing that there wasn’t any saliva or chocolate on it. Luhan came out of the bathroom smiling.

            “Where’s the cake?” Sehun asked.

            “In my tummy.”

            “I wanted some too! I didn’t get to taste it.”

            “Don’t worry. We can get another cake tomorrow.”

            “And you won’t throw it in my face?”

            “I promise I won’t.”

            They stood still, looking at each other without saying anything, for a few seconds.

            “Happy anniversary of Hunhan!” Luhan said. “I love you, Sehun-ah!”

            “Ha-Happy anniversary, Luhan. I love you too.”

            They hugged warmly, alone together in the middle of the room.