Taking Action Part I

Master of Disguise

“Do you take this woman as your loving wife?”

Onew gazed lovingly at Eunji, who stood beside him, in a beautiful white wedding dress and a lacy white veil that covered her face. “Yes, I do.”

“I then hereby declare you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride.”

Onew turned Eunji towards him, and he gently raised the veil off her face.

A gasp escaped Onew’s lips as he was welcomed by a different set of eyes.

 “J-Jihyun?”                                                               

“Yes Jagiya?”

“W-Why are you here?” Onew took a step back, his gut twisting with unease.

She giggled. “I’m getting married to you silly.”

“Onew?”

Onew twirled around and locked eyes with Eunji.

Onew watched Eunji glance back and forth between him and Jihyun, a look of pain and anger forming on her face.

“How could you?” She hissed.

Onew opened his mouth, but before he could reply, Eunji had disappeared into thin air.

“NO!”

Onew abruptly sat up, sweat glistening off his forehead.

He placed a shaking hand over his racing heart and let out a haggard breath.

“It’s okay hyung, it was only a dream,” Murmured Jonghyun, as he soothingly rubbed Onew’s back.

Onew numbly nodded his head and collapsed back onto his bed.

Key silently watched Jonghyun murmur—for the eighth time that night—calming words to Onew, trying to get him to fall asleep.

It was around 4 AM when Jonghyun and Key, finally, exited Onew’s room, their shoulders slumping in exhaustion.

The haunting image of Onew’s broken expression floated back into Jonghyun’s mind, causing him to flinch. Poor hyung.

Jonghyun rubbed his temple in frustration. Sleep, I need sleep.

Robotically, Jonghyun walked to his room and flopped down onto his bed.

Ten seconds was all Jonghyun needed to fall asleep. That’s all he asked for, but no, even that he couldn’t get.

“Yah sleepy head!”

Jonghyun groaned and with exaggerated movements, sat up.

“What do you want?” He mumbled, starting dazedly at Key.

Key glared ferociously at him, “What do you think you’re doing?”

Jonghyun blinked. “I believe it’s called sleep. You should try it someday.”

“That’s cute Jonggie.” Key drily replied before grabbing Jonghyun’s hand and dragging him out the room.

“What’s going on?” Jonghyun mumbled as he blindly stumbled after Key.

Key ignored Jonghyun’s weak protests and threw open the dorm building’s front door.

The sudden cold air hit Jonghyun like a slap on the face, waking him up from his daze.

“What the—?”

“What the heck is going on with Onew?” Interrupted Key, his fierce gaze piercing through Jonghyun.

Jonghyun laughed nervously. “There is nothing wrong with—”

“Cut the crap,” snapped Key. “You tap your foot every time you tell a lie.”

Jonghyun froze mid-tap and let out a curse.

Key’s cat-like eyes locked with Jonghyun. “Tell me.”

Jonghyun rubbed his temple in frustration. “You can’t tell a soul, got that?”

Key’s lips curled up into a smile. “My lips are sealed.”

And so, Jonghyun explained everything to Key, starting with how Onew and Eunjin started dating.

“Yah Kim Jonghyun,” snorted Key, eyebrows raised. “Are you on crack?”

Jonghyun, whose face which was unusually grim, shook his head. “Do I look like I’m joking?”

“No,” Key wearily shook his head, his eyes fixed on Jonghyun. “You actually look pretty upset.”

“I-I couldn’t help Hyung.” Jonghyun’s voice broke and he hung his head in shame.

Key’s eyes softened as he watched Jonghyun’s eyes fill up with tears.

“We have to get them back to together.” Urged Jonghyun, staring at Key with round, pleading eyes.

Key’s eyebrows rose. “We?”

Jonghyun pouted. “Y-You’re not gonna help me?”

Key groaned and covered his eyes. “Oh no, not the puppy look.”

Jonghyun whimpered and lightly tugged on Key’s hand. “Bummie…”

Key let out a frustrated cry and buried his head into his hands. “I know I’m going to regret this.”

Jonghyun’s face lite up and he threw his arms around Key. “I LOVE YOU!”

Key rolled his eyes. “Fine, but I’m the one in charge of coming up with the plans.”

Jonghyun broke into a smile—for the first time in 24 hours—and saluted Key. “Yes sir!”

Key bit back a smile. “Let’s hope this works…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Remind me again why we’re here?” Whispered Key, his eyes nervously darting back and forth.

Jonghyun, who was acting unusually calm, smirked at Key’s giddy behaviour. “Yah Key, don’t tell me you’re scared?”

Key wearily glanced around the dark alley that they had entered. “It’s 5 AM in the morning and we’re walking in a dark, abandoned alley; I’d be an idiot if I wasn’t scared.”

“Don’t worry the sun will be out in an hour or so.”

Key’s eyes tightened. “Wasn’t I the one in charge of coming up with a plan?”

“Your plan was stupid.”

“At least I had one.”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. “All great ideas were based on nothing.”

Key gasped and glared at Jonghyun accusingly. “So you don’t have a plan?”

Jonghyun winked. “Trust me.”

Key let out a cry of frustration. “You brought me all this way, to find Eunjin, but were did we end up? In a freaking abandoned alley—at 5 am in the morning—and on top of that you don’t have a plan!”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. “Chill Key.”

“Why the heck are we standing here like idiots?” Exploded Key, his chest heaving.

Jonghyun smiled confidently. “You’ll see.”

Unease filled Key. “What exactly are we—”

“WHO DARES TRESPASS?”

“—waiting for?” squeaked Key, jumping up in shock.

Jonghyun’s face lite up as six masked figures—who were all surprisingly blonde—appeared from within the alley, each one carrying a metal bat.

“Holy crap,” whispered Key, his nails digging into Jonghyun’s arm.

The tallest—and most muscled—member of gang stepped forwards, his hawk-like eyes trained on Jonghyun and Key.

“Kim Jonghyun,” hissed Key. “Why the heck are you smiling?”

Jonghyun winked at Key. “Don’t worry, I got this.”

Key watched—open mouthed—as Jonghyun confidently strolled towards the leader.

The other gang members stiffened and they tightened their hold on the metal bats that they held.

The leader raised his hand, signalling for them to calm down and not do anything drastic.

Jonghyun, oblivious to this exchange, stopped in front of the leader and punched him lightly on the shoulder.

The leader’s eyes tightened dangerously.

“Ayyo whad up leada?” Crooned Jonghyun, slinging his arm casually around Mr. Biceps.

Key buried his head in his hands. We’re screwed.

 


 

Onew’s nightmare at the beginning of this chapter was really hard for me—emotionally—to write TT__TT I hate it when my baby is in pain 3

 

 

 

Other than that, I enjoyed writing Jonghyun’s part. Very Much ^_^

Xoxo

Miss-Sweetheart