Who is she?

Master of Disguise

Jonghyun cautiously approached the unsuspecting couple. This situation has to be handled with extreme care.

 

“Onew, what a pleasant surprise!”

 

Jonghyun squeezed himself between the couple, threw his arm around Onew’s shoulder and shoved the woman aside.

 

Onew’s eye’s doubled in size. “J-Jonghyun, what are you—”

 

“Where’s your father Onew? I thought you were meeting with him.” Jonghyun raised his eyebrows inquiringly.

 

Onew winced. “Not now Jonghyun, I’ll explain it to you later.” He whispered.

 

“Are you going to explain to me why you’re fooling around with this woma—UUMF!”

 

Onew slapped his hand over Jonghyun’s mouth, an agitated look on his face.

 

He cast an apologetic look to his lady friend. “Sorry about that, he’s usually well behaved.”

 

She giggled lightly. “It’s okay.”

 

She then turned to Jonghyun with a bright smile on her face and her hand out in front of her. “My name is Jihyun, nice to meet you.”

 

Jonghyun shoved Onew’s hand off his mouth and with a sly smile, he shook her hand. “Ah, you must be Onew’s sister. Nice to meet you.”

 

Jihyun let out an awkward laugh. “N-No, that’s not it, we’re actually—”

 

Jonghyun gasped dramatically. “You’re not? Well, then you must be a childhood friend. I can see now that you guys look nothing alike.”

 

A strained smile appeared on her face and she shook her head. “Well we used to be childhood friends but now—”

 

“Now you’re not friends anymore?” Jonghyun nodded his head sympathetically. “I understand.”

 

“No that’s not it! We’re—”

 

“Denial won’t help you sweetie. Just leave Onew alone. There are many fish in the sea.”

 

“Yes, I know that but I’m his gir—”

 

“Oh no, you’re not his anything. Here, go buy yourself some ice cream and eat it at home while watching the Titanic. That’ll help you get over him.” Jonghyun shoved five dollars into her hand and nudged her forwards.

 

“What the hell is this?” Jihyun stared at Jonghyun in bewilderment.

 

Onew, who was watching this scene with a distressed look on his face, finally stepped in, placing a hand on Jonghyun’s shoulder.

 

“Hey let’s talk for a second.”

 

Without waiting for his friend’s confirmation, Onew dragged Jonghyun away from Jihyun, leaving her with an astonished look on her face.

 

Once they were out of Jihyun’s hearing range, Jonghyun lost his cool.

 

“Who the is she?”

 

Onew exhaustedly leaned against a nearby tree. “I didn’t expect this to happen, okay?”

 

The pain in Onew’s voice melted away Jonghyun’s anger. “What’s wrong?”

 

Onew let out a pained laugh. “What isn’t wrong? Everything just won’t go right.”

 

“Like what?”

 

Onew opened his mouth and then shut it. “You wouldn’t understand.”

 

In a softer voice Jonghyun re-asked his question. “Who is she?”

 

“A-A friend.”

 

Jonghyun raised his eyebrows disbelievingly. “You want me to believe that little-miss-giggles over there, is just a friend? Don’t lie to me.”

 

Onew hung his head. “Sorry.”

 

“Don’t apologize to me. Apologize to Eunjin, because when he finds out that you’re cheating—”

 

“Don’t bring Eunjin up!” Snapped Onew, a pained look in his eyes.

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because I—”

 

Onew took a deep breath and squeezed his eyes shut; trying to make his troubles disappear.

 

“You what?” Grumbled Jonghyun, frustrated.

 

“I have to break up with Eunjin.”

 

~~~Eunji’s POV~~~

 

“It’s hopeless.” I grumbled, slamming my physics book shut.

 

“What’s wrong?” Taemin glance up from his laptop, an inquiring look on his face.

 

I slouched deeper into the library’s chair. “Nothing makes sense anymore.”

 

A hand suddenly dropped on my shoulder and its owner spoke up.

 

“Maybe I can help?”

 

I replied without raising my head. “Get lost.”

 

L.Joe sighed. “Eunjin, we need to talk. Please.”

 

I glanced up, a disinterested look on my face. “You know there are many things that I want to say to you, but I believe this isn’t the right place to say them.”

 

A pained look crossed L.Joe’s face and he lowered his voice. “About last time—I’m sorry—I don’t know what came over me.”

 

Maybe it was the desperate look in his eyes, or the sincerity in his voice but for some reason I shoved myself off the chair and stalked out of the library, signaling for L.Joe to follow.

 

*******

 

“What’s up?”

 

L.Joe hesitantly opened his mouth. “Can’t we talk anywhere else?”

 

I snorted. “I’m not an idiot. Besides it’s not like anyone is paying attention to what you’re going to say anyway.”

 

I gestured towards the garden around us. Some students were sitting on the bench, engrossed in their studies, others were enthralled in a competitive soccer match; either way no one even paid us mind.

 

“About last time, I’m really sorry for what I did—”

 

“Why did you do it?”

 

“I—” L.Joe gulped in a deep breath. “I always get agitated when someone mentions Seohyun.”

 

I raised an eyebrow. “That’s weird considering that you loved her.”

 

L.Joe squeezed his eyes shut. “I did love her, and I still do, but…”

 

“But what?”

 

L.Joe opened his eyes and pain shone in them deeply. “In order to protect her, I have to break up with her.”

 

I groaned. “That makes no sense.”

 

L.Joe smiled weakly. “Love makes no sense.”

 

How corny. I rolled my eyes. “How exactly does my grandmother come into this?”

 

“She is in charge of the Seoul Art show, and she gets to decide which artist gets to have their art work presented in the gallery.”

 

I nodded. “I already knew that.”

 

L.Joe continued on, ignoring my interruption. “Seohyun is very talented. It’s always been her dream to become a famous artist. But no matter how hard she tried or how good her art work was, she wouldn’t get accepted into that art show.”

 

“Why not?”

 

He shook his head sadly. “Money. It always comes down to that.”

 

My eyebrows knitted in confusion. “You lost me.”

 

“All the members of the Seoul Art Show are wealthy individuals, including your grandmother. They can all afford the massive entry fees. Seohyun has three jobs, is a full-time student and has to take care of her sick mother.”

 

“I don’t see how this ties together.”

 

L.Joe gave me a patient smile. “There was no way that Seohyun would have ever been accepted into that art show, hadn’t it been for your grandmother.”

 

“So you made a deal with the devil?” I guessed, shaking my head in distaste.

 

L.Joe smiled faintly. “Pretty much. In exchange for giving Seohyun a spot at the Art show, I had to do your grandmother a favor.”

 

My gut twisted uneasily. “And that favor was?”

 

Guilt shown out of L.Joe’s eyes and he quickly averted his eyes. “Do you know what my father works as?”

 

I faintly remembered Grandmother talking about it. “Yes, he’s a businessman of some-sort.”

 

“Yes, he’s a very powerful man. With a snap of his finger, my father can easily destroy a company or a business.”

 

“So what? What does that have anything to do with the favor?”

 

L.Joe shut his eyes.

 

“L.Joe what was the favor?” I demanded growing agitated.

 

“To destroy Onew’s father’s Bakery.”

 


Dun Dun Duuuuun ^.^

You guys finally meet Jihyun, aka the 'Mysterious Woman'. I didn't reveal too much about her yet. She'll appear more in the upcoming chapters. (I didn't straight out say what her relationship with Onew is, but I'm guessing you guys can tell)

Onew being all sad and brokenhearted killed me *sobs*

Also L.Joe's involvement with the grandmother has been revealed >.<

*sigh* A LOT DID HAPPEN!