three.

You are my P-E-T.

Actually, the first thing that ran through your mind when those words left your mouth was 'there is no way he would take this deal' but upon hearing his answer, you were somewhat taken aback - flabbergasted beyond words. So much so, you - the ever so confident speaker - was at a loss of words and could only mutter (or rather squeak), "what?"

Baekhyun nodded his head feverishly and repeated his previous statement with such vigor that still left you gawking at how he did not even hesitate as he answered your question. "I think I would make a very cute cat!" He grinned to himself and when he realized that you were still looking at him, Baekhyun bite his lower lip and looked away shyly.

Once you have regained your composure (and your cool and composed mask was back on your face), you cleared your throat and looked at him pointedly. "Remember, this is only until you gain back your memories." You reminded him and Baekhyun nodded his head, looking at you with a small smile on his face, eyes twinkling with mischief and gratefulness.

"Does this mean I get to call you 'master'?"

...

"Okay, I don't actually have a decent spare room... as you can see." Baekhyun smiled to himself as he trailed after his master (or rather, 'Soojin nuna' as she had insisted). After the eventful breakfast, she decided to give him a brief tour of the place; it wasn't as small as he had originally thought - it was actually quite spacious.

The first room that she showed him was the bathroom, because it was not far from the small dining room where they had breakfast. Her bedroom was the next room she had showed him seeing as it was closer to the living room. Baekhyun noticed that the kitchen had another small room and once he opened the door, it was filled with a lot of cleaning supplies and a huge washing machine, ("Laundry room because the laundromat downstairs is plain horrible,") and there were two spare rooms that were filled with quite a lot of boxes. "I actually just moved here recently." She stated but before Baekhyun could ask any questions, the house phone began to ring. "Oh, excuse me."

Baekhyun took that time to look around the place; it was different but somehow it felt homey to him. A frown crept on his face as he thought about his own home. Where had he lived before? How had he ended up in a box outside of his master's room? Why did he not remember any details prior to sleeping in the box? The frown on his face deepened and Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows.

"Hey, are you alright?" Baekhyun was brought out of his train of thoughts when he felt fingers smoothing the creases on his forehead. Baekhyun blinked once, twice and looked up to see his master-- Soojin, standing in front of him. "Does your head hurt? I have a couple of painkillers - ibuprofen, paracetamol--" Baekhyun immediately shook his head, cutting off her sentence.

"I was just thinking." Baekhyun answered when she gazed at him curiously. He shifted slightly under her stare and she glanced at him one more time before nodding her head. Soojin headed towards her bedroom and being the obedient pet that he was, Baekhyun quietly followed her and stood quietly outside her bedroom.

A minute later, Soojin came out of the room, carrying a tote bag. "I have a matter to attend to; just make yourself at home." She stated and headed towards the door. Baekhyun followed her quickly and stood near the door, watching as she struggled to put on her heels. After a minute or so, Soojin turned to look at Baekhyun. "...Take care," Soojin patted his head awkwardly, making Baekhyun smile and rushed out of the door before Baekhyun could say anything.


Thanks to those who left comments and to new subscribers, thank you for taking your time to read it! Sorry if there were any mistakes and I do apologize for the short chapter! I am well aware that Baekhyun's nickname is 'cute puppy' but I don't know why I went with cats this time around. lol.