Chapter Five.

Locked To You

 

Her eyes flustered open as she stifled a yawn. Jessica leaned her stiff neck to the left then back to the right. Soft snores can be heard and a sleeping Onew was visible – sitting next to Jessica as he rested his head against the sofa. Jessica grabbed a blanket near by and laid it over him. She quickly shuffled over to Krystal’s room, who was sleeping peacefully.

Jessica headed over to the kitchen to grab herself a glass of warm milk before heading back to the study room. Taking a quick glance at the time, she forced her legs towards the study room. To her surprise, Jonghyun was still awake.

Why are you up so late?” Jessica whispered to Jonghyun.

Without lifting up his head and looking at her, he replied “Isn’t it obvious?”

Jessica rolled her eyes at his cold attitude towards her and went to her own work desk. Doing what she does best, Jessica stared blankly at the wall, not knowing where or what to start studying. Just when she thought of an idea a low grunt interrupted her train of thought. She threw Jonghyun’s back an annoyed glare before sneaking up behind him. Peeking over his shoulder, Jessica smirked as she found him texting and not studying. Within a split second, Jessica has stolen Jonghyun’s phone and ran to the furthest corner in the room.

YAH! Give me my phone back!” Jonghyun yelled across the room.

Jessica snickered and retorted, “So you’re not studying after all!”

She quickly scrolled through his messages and gasped at the amount of girls that he text within a short period of time.

Shin Sekyung, Go Ara, Park Shinyoung, Jiyeon, Eunjung, Goo Ha ---“

Jessica’s sentence was cut short when Jonghyun pounced on her, taking his phone back. Due to his unexpected action Jessica tumbled to the floor, pulling Jonghyun with her. Jessica lay underneath Jonghyun, her eyes staring right into his eyes. Unknowingly, the two was gradually moving their faces towards each other. Jonghyun couldn’t bring himself to stop and get off her. There was something about Jessica that made him feels different – she didn’t give off the same vibe like all the other girls he had hooked up with. Jonghyun his lips, his anticipation rose, as Jessica’s lips were about to meet his.

Krystal stood at the door and let out a shriek. In her mind, Jonghyun was hurting her sister. Quickly running over to the pair, Krystal used all her might and pushed Jonghyun off Jessica. She continued her ambush and attacked Jonghyun until he started screaming for help and Jessica had to hold Krystal back. Everyone in the house was now awake and gathered in the study room. An angry Key rubbed his eyes and let out a growl, “I was having my beauty sleep. This better be good!”

Krystal burst into tears and pulled Jessica with her as she hid behind Taeyeon.

Taeyeon unni! Jonghyun oppa was on top of Jessica unni and was hurting her!” Krystal wailed.

Taeyeon looked at Jessica and raised her eyebrows, “On top?”  Taeyeon questioned.

Jonghyun and Jessica shook their heads vigorously and replied in unison, “It’s not what you think!”

Jonghyun approached Krystal who only backed away and burst into more tears. The group of young adults laughed at Jonghyun and Jessica who blushed with embarrassment. Taeyeon took Krystal back to bed as the others stayed around to tease Jonghyun and Jessica a bit more.

So... were you guys studying the practical side of the reproductive system?” Minho laughed.

You could’ve locked the doors you know” Yuri pipped in, earning a deadly stare from Jessica.

Poor Krystal! There’s still a child in the house guys!” Yoona joined.

The circle of friends decided to study until sunrise, however their jokes did not die down. And a certain somebody was not impressed.

 

-The Night Before The Medical Exam -

Everyone was in bed, feeling confident for their big exam the next morning. Jessica and Jonghyun wanted to study a bit more whilst Onew decided to stay up with the two just so they couldn’t do anything besides study.

Oppa, why don’t you sleep? You’re not even studying!” Jessica asked Onew when she caught him yawning.

I’m okay. I want to ace this exam tomorrow morning” He replied, smiling at Jessica.

Lie. What a big fat lie. You like Jessica” Jonghyun thought as he overheard their conversation.

Onew hyung ~ You’re so obv~ious~ !” Jonghyun sang out loud.

Onew turned around and looked at the younger boy with a questioning look. Jonghyun smirked in return and winked at Onew, the latter squinted his eyes as if he was trying to read Jonghyun’s mind. Jessica turned around and hit Onew on the head,

FOCUS!” she commanded.

After about an hour, Onew was sleeping with his head on his books. Jessica noticed that Jonghyun was struggling and decided to help him. Jonghyun appreciated her help and the two soon finished studying. As Jessica tidied her workspace, Jonghyun went to the kitchen and grabbed two glasses of warm milk. He motioned Jessica to come sit on the sofa with him and the two drank their milk quietly.  An awkward silence filled the room as the two were both deep in their own thoughts. Jessica and Jonghyun laughed when Onew snored and started talking, “Chicken… my chicken~”

“Why do you want to become a doctor?” Jessica asked Jonghyun out of curiosity.

He shrugged his shoulders, “I don’t know. Nothing seems to appeal to me besides medicine. You?”

Jessica hesitated for a bit, “At first it was because I wanted to help the sick children. They deserve to be outside, running and enjoying their youth. But now I think it’s mainly to make my parents proud”

Jonghyun nodded his head, “Where are your parents? Are they in another country?”

Jessica frowned before answering, “They’ve past away”

Jessica became teary as she thought of her parents. Jonghyun was shocked to see Jessica tearing up. Although it wasn’t his first time seeing her cry, he just wasn’t use to see such a strong person like Jessica cry.

I’m sorry” Jonghyun apologized softly. He laid his hand on her shoulder and gave it a soft squeeze.

Jessica smiled and wiped her tears away, “It’s okay. It wasn’t your fault. It… was mine…”

She stood up and extended her arm to Jonghyun. Jonghyun held onto her hand as she pulled him up from the sofa.

We should sleep. It’s really late” Jessica suggested

Yeah, I don’t want to be blamed if you fail tomorrow” Jonghyun joked,

Jessica laugh and punched Jonghyun’s shoulder, “Worry for yourself tough guy”

Jonghyun snorted and gave her a cocky look, “Puh-lease ~ I am the God of Med. If you beat me in tomorrow’s exam. I promise to buy you a meal”

“Deal” Jessica said and shook Jonghyun’s hand. She was now determined to win this free meal.

As the two headed to their respective rooms, Jessica called out to Jonghyun,

Thanks for the milk… and for listening to me!”

Jonghyun smiled, “Goodnight… and it’s not your fault Jessica”

Jessica smiled to herself. She didn’t think that Jonghyun could be Mr Nice at all. However she was thankful that they had a little talk as it felt like a stone was lifted off her chest.

So he isn’t that bad afterall…” Jessica whispered before climbing into bed.

 

 

GIVE ME SOME LOVE GUYS

COMMENT&SUBSCRIBE <3