The Road to Recover.

Locked To You

 

Two weeks have passed and Jessica has not been attending any of her classes. The only thing that is important to Jessica at the moment is Krystal. Ever since the incident, Jessica couldn’t sleep. In the morning she was pretending to be happy – devoting most of her time making Krystal happy. At night, she would cry.

As the day went on, it was evident that Krystal’s health was deteriorating. Dr Lee had told her that they had failed to detect internal bleeding in Krystal’s brain at the time of the incident. As a result, Krystal’s mental age has matched the age of a normal 10 years old. Jessica was grateful towards Dr Lee, who insisted her to call him Donghae. He has helped her so much from getting her a mattress so she could stay by Krystal’s side to buying her food, making sure that she had lunch and dinner everyday.

Jessica’s friends at uni were now very worried. Jessica had disappeared and had not been in contact with anyone. They all decided to visit her house but no one replied. They decided to split up to look for the Jung family. Taeyeon and Tiffany were in charge of going to the police station. Onew and Jonghyun were responsible for going to the hospital. And the rest roamed Seoul.

Onew and Jonghyun decided it was best to split up since there were so many hospitals in Seoul.

Jonghyun asked the nurses at the reception desk of Seoul National Hospital for any patient with the name ‘Jung Sooyeon’ or ‘Jung Soojung’. Fortunately for him, he was at the right hospital.

As Jonghyun walked towards Krystal’s room, he sent a text to Onew telling him to inform the others that he has found them. Outside Krystal’s room on the floor was Jessica. She was curled up against the wall, hugging tightly to her knees and sobbed quietly.

Jessica…” Jonghyun whispered and sat beside her.

Jessica stared into Jonghyun’s eyes before falling into his embrace.

It’s all my fault Jonghyun. Because of me, Krystal is hurt…”

Jonghyun didn’t understand what she was saying, but remained quiet and hugged her tightly.

An hour has passed and Jessica had fallen asleep in Jonghyun’s embrace. Their friends finally arrived and gathered around the two. Jessica woke up from the amount of noises and was shocked to see all her friends.

She told them what had happened to Krystal and the girls sat with Jessica as they cried together. Onew’s heart ached from two reasons. The first was because he didn’t want to see Jessica cry. He pitied her. The second was from jealously. He couldn’t bear seeing her in the arms of his best friend.

After a few hours of discussion, the group of friends decided that they would move into Jessica’s mansion and help her take care of Krystal. Jessica couldn’t be any more thankful towards her friends.

 

- 1 month later -

 

Krystal has been home from the hospital for 2 week now. She had dropped out of school and lived with her sister and 13 other people who she adored very much.

Jessica babied Krystal. She still blames herself for the incident but resumed to her normal self. Jonghyun and her remained as strangers and Onew took this to his advantage and had gotten close with Jessica.

It was the week before their mid semester exam and the medical students have gathered in the study room, helping each other with topics that had troubles with.

It’s been 3 hours and I still haven’t memorised the anatomy of the heart!” Hyoyeon exclaimed with frustration. Seohyun patted her back as Sunny tried to explain to Hyoyeon the difference between the components of the heart.

Onew was sitting next to Jessica and pinched her cheeks when she burrowed her head under the piles of revision papers.

Chicken ~ I want to sleep. I rather sleep right now” Jessica whined, referring to Onew as ‘Chicken’

Jonghyun scoffed at her, “If all you want to do is sleep, you’re not gonna get very far in life”

Jessica sat up and glared at Jonghyun, “Who are you to say that to me? I’m going to become Korea’s top paediatric surgeon!”

Jonghyun snorted and rolled his eyes, “By the rate you’re going you won’t even graduate from med school”

Jessica was about to rage when Onew patted her head, “Let’s take a break and play with Krystal”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes once again and was attacked my Onew’s flying pen, “You! Go back to memorising the female’s reproductive tract!”

Jonghyun smirked and winked at Onew, “Hyung… I excel in the female’s reproductive tract!”

 

Outside the study room, Jessica layed next to Krystal as they both watched Pororo. Krystal sat up and gave her sister a kiss on the forehead before laying back down next to Jessica. Onew stood beside the door, giving the Jung sisters a few moments to themselves. After a while he walked in and sat next to Jessica. He flicked her on the forehead and gave her a cheeky smile. Jessica pouted and playfully hit Onew,

Chicken ~ You’re not allowed to touch me there. It’s where Krystal just kissed me”

Onew chuckled, “Why don’t you take a nap? I’ll wake you up in a bit”

Jessica shook her head and sat up to face him. Unexpectedly, she sat up too quick and her face was nearing his, their lips less than an inch apart.  Jessica lowered her head, as her cheeks became boiling red. She tried to stand up but Onew pulled her down by her arms. He gently pushed her head so it was resting on his shoulder,

Just rest for a bit!”

Despite the fact that his heart is beating so hard that it might leap out of his body, he tried to remain cool in front of Jessica, whose heart is also beating…faster than usual.