I'm Glad I Know You

Yoon JiHoo, Alternate Ending

A blinding ray of light eventually seeped through my blinds, 'finally', I thought. I hadn't slept all night, it was impossible for me to without dreaming of him. It was so wrong, he shouldn't be in my mind like this, I shouldn't have thoughts like this. 

"Jan Di-ah!" Mom called from the living room, I had just gotten dressed and yet I already wanted to go back to sleep. "There's someone here for you!" She said excitedly - almost breathless. Him? I turned round the corner to see standing in the door frame Ji Hoo, with his signature smile. I know Jun Pyo wouldn't like him being here, maybe that's why he is...
"Jan Di... Anneyong" he said nervously, wow, my parents really know how to scare someone don't they? 

"So why did you come round here?" I shyly asked as we walked around the park near my house. "I wanted to see you."
"Sunbae..." I uncomfortably mumbled, was it appropriate for him to want to see me when Jun Pyo isn't around? Suddenly he stopped walking. "No more Sunbae. We're closer than that." I stood startled, I looked at him, gulping for air that wasnt coming to me. 'Oppa...?" I meekly suggested. He turned from me and gave his sweet chuckle and said "Wow, are you already turning from Jun Pyo?" I gave him a play punch and pulled his coat slightly, but somehow I couldn't let go. I stopped giggling at his joke and just stood, staring at his arm that I clutched onto. He looked down to me, we both stood in silence. 
"Sunbae.. It's going to be hard with you around. Four years of me being this happy can only mean one thing. And I'm scared." I openly said with a quivering lip. Without finishing, leaving him wondering what I thought he would do.. What we would do, I started to walk back. Quickly I felt my wrist being pulled, it startled me, holding back my tears I turned to Ji Hoo. His face was so pale, so pure. I couldn't look at his eyes - they were staring at me as though I had committed a crime, but they also saw my sadness - just as the always had done. And he slowly pulled me in, held me and softly encouraged me to bury my head into his chest. "Whatever happens, whether you marry Jun Pyo, whether I die. I will always feel the same way. Don't be scared because you can't stop my feelings." 
Slowly, again, my tears released. I was meant to be so happy, Jun Pyo loved me - he was just a little far away, that's all. I didn't love Ji Hoo... Did I?

 

Ji Hoo's POV

I couldn't do anything else but hug her. I wanted to lift up her tender chin and carefully wipe away her tears. I wanted to gently press my lips against hers and make her feel like she was a pearl in the sea. Precious, beautiful. "What am I going to do Geum Jan Di. When I'm with you I become selfish. I thought I would be ok hanging out like this but I end up wanting you. And I end up having to see you cry." 
She looked up to me, slightly pushing herself away. "Sunbae.. I'm sorry, but my feelings.. They don't work normally." She couldn't face me. I couldn't help but feel an enormous rush of guilt running through my blood. I shouldn't have been so forward. I shouldn't make her feel like she had to choose. 
"Lets go," I said cheerfully, changing the subject I walked with her, but she wasn't as good at hiding her sadness. "Sunbae, could I ask a question?"
"Sure," I said nervously. "Seohyun unnie.. Why did you stop loving her?" I gulped and closed my eyes for a few moments. Geum Jan Di! Why don't you know?
"When I waited for her everyday, I thought that I could. I knew that, that is what love is about. Doing anything.. Waiting for as long as possible. By the time I got to Paris I realised I no longer loved her. I guess I just held onto her because there was no one else I could love."
"Why was it then you realised?" She curiously said.
"I met a girl I realised I had feelings for that could conquer anything. I knew I would have to wait and I was ok with that. I felt refreshed when I was with her, the way I used to feel with Seohyun but even stronger. I felt like I had known her before." Shakily, I turned to see her reaction. Her face dropped - although not as though she wasn't aware. "When you kissed... 'that girl', it wasn't because you were getting over her.. It was because you already had." She was forward and almost relieved. I finally turned to look at her.
"Yes. I just wish I could have told her what she meant to me."