Chapter 8

Into Your World, Into My World

 

[A/N: This one's kinda boring, but something's stirring up... ;) ]

Chapter 8

The next morning, Cheonsa jumped up as she saw Suho’s face a few inches away from her… again.

“Good morning my baby angel~~~” and smiled one of brightest smiles, again.

“YOU SHOULD STOP DOING THAT!” Cheonsa’s high tone sent Suho flying towards the wall with a sad, hurt pout.

Cheonsa ran her fingers through her hair and sighed, “I’m sorry, but you really should stop doing that,” she said calmly now. Suho was really hurt and left the room with his head hung low.

“Is he really sensitive?” Cheonsa asked Kai, who materialized out of nowhere thanks to his teleportation skills.

“I’m not sure if I should be the one to tell you, try asking our leader,” he said and disappeared.

“You should also stop doing that! You’re scaring the hell out of me when you just suddenly pop up of nowhere, you know!” she wasn’t talking to anyone anymore. Something overcame her. It was guilt and confusion.

---

Cheonsa went down the stairs and saw Lay and D.O. preparing the table for breakfast. She spotted Kris who was beside Lu Han who held a crystal ball in his hands. The ball was glowing a bright light and she could perceive that he was being in his “Oracle” mode. Perhaps they were trying to figure out something, which reminded her that she was going to the university today. It was decided that Kris and the three maknaes would go, as the others would go to work or look for work. Kris was going to look for work later after the trip to the library.

She noticed Suho sitting uncomfortably on the couch. She could tell he really was offended. She sighed again and tapped lightly on Kris’ shoulder.

“After breakfast, we shall go,” Kris turned and nodded to her.

Kris could tell something was off, it was quiet and Suho wasn’t being crazy today. Something must have happened, but it’ll have to wait for later.

Everyone ate happily except for Suho and Cheonsa. It was awkward and Cheonsa didn’t know how to approach him as she didn’t know anything. But she knew there was something, as Kai hinted this morning. Slowly, everyone got up and Chanyeol took care of the dishes. D.O. and Suho left for Joon’s shop, while Lu Han and Baekhyun headed out as well. Lay went to get as much rest as he could get, his work would start tonight. Cheonsa left with the three maknaes and Kris to the university, leaving Xiumin, Chanyeol and Chen. Chen tugged on Xiumin’s sleeve and sent a confused look at the older male.

“I was wondering about what angel said the other day…about us bumping into a dead end,” the younger male said.

Chen was a strong young man, but no one could really understand how much pain all twelve of them feel right now. They lost their home, their friends and their families. They weren’t able to protect everything they held dear because they were not yet strong enough. The whole of EXO basically sacrificed themselves so that at least, the twelve of them were able to escape, but it was too much of a burden for them, not knowing anything and what they should do. Xiumin patted Chen’s shoulders and gave him a brotherly smile.

“We will find a way. We should at least be thankful, that someone on Earth welcomed us kindly,”

Chen smiled.

---

“Say, is there something I don’t know about Suho?” Cheonsa had to summon up a great deal of courage to bring up the topic to Kris.

Cheonsa hit her head lightly, “Oh yeah, a lot of things probably,” she smiled bitterly. She knew she wasn’t on any position to inquire about personal stuff like how their planet got destroyed, who did it and everything else like their personal lives. But deep inside, she wanted to get to know them better. After all, they are her new friends. Kris sensed the thoughts Cheonsa had in her mind, but he as well didn’t know if it was the right time to tell her. The topics were very sensitive and the emotional wounds haven’t healed yet. He wasn’t also sure yet if the others can now open their hearts to her.

But he had to say something. For some reason, he felt it was his obligation to somehow ease her confusion, “Just let him do whatever he wants, he’ll open up to you on his own when the time is right,” Kris basically mumbled the last part. To his surprise, Cheonsa smiled.

“I’ll be waiting for that time for you guys to share with me even just a piece of your lives”

Kris watched as she went ahead while Kai, Sehun and Tao trailed after her.

“How about you? When are you going to open up, too?” he thought.

---

Joon noticed how Suho was pre-occupied with something. The latter did not send him glares throughout the whole day, which he didn’t expect at all. He was hesitant but he managed to pull himself together and patted lightly on the guardian’s shoulder. He was, after all, Cheonsa’s brother.

Suho sent him a rather terrifying but sorrowful gaze, “Yes, what can I do for you?”

Joon flinched but he didn’t back down, “Is something wrong?” Suho sighed. “Sometimes I just don’t know how to act towards angel, err, Cheonsa” he finally said.

Joon had to smile at that. He too, did not get how the young woman thinks at times, but that’s what he liked about her.

“She can be very blunt, can’t she? But that’s how she is towards people she’s confident with. Wait, why am I talking like I know her better than you?” he rubbed the back of his neck.

Suho’s eyes widened. Of course, Joon knew her better than he. At that moment he felt a pang of jealousy. He didn’t know why, but it happened. He snapped back to reality and looked up to Joon again, “Well, I’ve been uhm, away from her for years so, yeah, I don’t really know much about how she is now,” he lied.

“Well, she’s still the same, still very bubbly but still lonely. Well, just act natural towards her. But of course, you have to let her know also if something’s bothering you. She can be very clueless about the things that happen around her, that’s why she acts rash at times. But if you approach her the right way, she can be the sweetest girl ever,” Joon explained and blushed as red as tomatoes. Suho raised an eyebrow at him and this time Joon held his hands up in the air. He backed down.

Of course he knew Joon was right. He shocked Cheonsa with how he acted towards her. He didn’t explain his side. He wants to find out if what Joon was saying, about Cheonsa being the sweetest girl ever, was going to come true for him.

---

Meanwhile, Cheonsa and the others arrived at the university registrar. She helped pass forms to Sehun, Tao and Kai and helped them fill out. Kris watched as Cheonsa took utmost care of the three clueless maknaes and his expression softened. Somehow, he felt that she was, going to be their new family from now on. Sehun smiled again, Kai rarely smirked his annoying smirk while Tao slowly moved out of his shell. He can foresee that the others will follow suit as well. When the forms were now completely filled out, the four headed towards the admissions office again and Kris stayed behind as he heard some teachers talking.

“I heard Mr. Park just submitted his resignation letter,” the first female teacher whispered. Kris could hear, because unlike humans, EXO people had enhanced vision and hearing. Kris’ lips formed a small curve, and he knew exactly what do next.