chapter nine.

The Geek and The Jerk II

wonder girls - saying i love you.


You wrapped your arms around Luhan as he was waiting for the food to finish heating up. Luhan blinked at your actions, turning around and wrapped his arms around you as well. “I love you, too,” you said.
Luhan looked at you. “I never said anything,” he said.
You grabbed the note from earlier out of your pocket, while continuing to hug Luhan with one arm. “It says, and I quote, ‘I’m cheesy because I love you.’ To me, it means that you just said that you loved me. I haven’t heard you say that you loved me in a long time,” you said, putting the note away, hugging Luhan again.

Luhan let out a soft chuckle, kissed your forehead as he your hair. “Well, I love you. I haven’t really said that that long?” You nodded. “I’m sorry. But you should know that I love you everyday at every time. I can’t live without you,” he said.
“I’ll know it once I hear it,” you said, stubbornly.
“Stubborn girl,” Luhan said, grinning.

The loud beeping of the microwave interrupted the two’s moment. You rested your head against Luhan’s chest. “I don’t want to eat anymore,” you mumbled.
Luhan smiled. “I don’t care. I want you to be chubby. Now, eat,” he said.

“Feed me!” you suggested, breaking your contact with him.
Your boyfriend let out a chuckle. “You have hands, do it yourself, lazy,” he said, poked your forehead. He grinned when you pouted. “Fine. Sit down,” he said, putting the food on the table. “Say ah~”
“Ahh~” you said, opening your mouth wide.
Luhan held the spoon to your mouth, but then removed it before you could eat. “I’ll feed you if you let me tutor you for the mini-test this week.”
You glared at him. “You do that anyway! Fine. Now feed meee~ I’m hungry.”

****

“Okay... What’s this then?” Luhan asked, pointing at a 5 sided shape.
“Uhh... Square?” you answered.
Luhan shook his head. “Yah, Jang Jieun. You should know this by now. You learned this in 9th grade. I’ve seen you pay attention in class,” he said.
“How would you know?” you questioned.
“I see you looking at the board and listening to the teacher when your friends fall asleep,” Luhan explained.

“Why were you watching me back then? You never liked me.”
Luhan looked away and sighed, didn’t want to meet your eyes. “I have to admit, before I knew you were the queenka when I just came to that school, I did have a small crush on you,” he said.
“Oooh~” you said, propped her chin on the back of your hand. “Please tell me about this crush you had on me in freshman year.”
Luhan sighed once more. “Before I found out that you were Xiumin hyung’s sister and you were the queenka, I had a little crush on you. As a guy, of course I liked you because of your figure and looks. But I started gaining hatred on you more as I found out that you were such a ,” he said.

“When was the first time you ever met me?” you asked.
“Library,” he said.
“How’d I look like back then?”
“You know what, it doesn’t matter,” Luhan said.
"It matters to me," you said.

Luhan shook his head. "I'll tell you next time. Now what's that shape again?"
"Pentagon!" you said, beaming.
“What did I tell you about acting dumb? You should’ve said the wrong answer! Then I’d know that we still need to work on this more,” Luhan said.
You giggled. “You tutor me whenever I don’t need it anyway. Like every second,” you said. Luhan sighed. “Fine. How do you say... I love you in Mandarin?” you asked.

Luhan looked at you. “Wo ai ni,” he said.
You smiled and said, “Wo ye ai ni~”
Luhan raised a brow. “Why’d you ask me to teach you that?”
“So I can hear you say ‘I love you,’ and I can answer that I love you too,” you said, beaming proudly.
Your boyfriend smiled and chuckled. “You’ve been around me for too long,” he said.

“Who wouldn’t want to be around you a lot?” you said, hugging his arm.
Luhan grinned, his arm over your shoulders. “True. I am amazing to be around,” he said.
You glared at him and playfully punched his arm. “I’ll be right back!” you said and walked out of the library.

Luhan sat alone in the library, 3 of his books were open as he quickly finished his assignments as he waited for you. A shadow suddenly blocked his light. Luhan didn’t look up but he let out a chuckle. “Go away, Jieun, I thought you left,” he said. Expecting a reply, there was just silence. Luhan blinked after realizing that there was no response. His eyes slightly rounded.
The young boy in front of him gave him a slight smirk. “Long time no see friend.”

“JR,” was all Luhan said. “What are you doing here?” he asked.
“I’m from Seoul if you have forgotten,” JR replied.
“Ah, right,” Luhan said. “But what I mean is, what are you doing here?”
“I decided to study here. I heard that my good friend from Beijing was here. And I heard right,” JR said, chuckling as he sat across from Luhan. “So, how are you and Jiyoung noona?”

Luhan shifted in his seat when he heard Jiyoung’s name. His ex lover. “I, er...”
“I heard there was some drama in between you two. Everything okay now?” he asked. Luhan sighed and glanced at his notebook. “I’ll take that as a yes. I’m happy for you two.”
Luhan looked at JR. “I’m not in a relationship with her,” Luhan said. “Nor have I ever liked her.”
JR raised a brow. “Are you sure? Because, last time I bumped into her, she told me that you guys were in a relationship and this girl named Jieun kept getting in the way of your relationship with her.”

Luhan looked at JR with narrow eyes. “That’s her side of the story... I was never in a relationship with her, nor am I right now. And that Jieun that she says that is getting in the way of the relationship, is my girlfriend. Jiyoung, was the one getting in the way of my relationship with Jieun.”
JR looked at Luhan. “Really?” Luhan nodded.

You ran into the library. “Luhan!” you whispered loudly and rushed towards him.  Luhan looked up and smiled as you approached him. JR looked up, but didn’t say a word. You suddenly paused and gasped. “That’s the Jonghyun I was talking about!” you said, pointing at JR.
JR blinked, gazing at you. Luhan chuckled, pulling your arm down. “I know, Jiji.” Luhan turned to JR. “JR, this is Jieun.”
JR looked at Luhan. “I know. We met each other when you were at the PC rooms.”
You smiled at him. “What are you doing here?”
JR opened his mouth to say, but Luhan started talking first. “Don’t you remember? He’s in some of our classes.”

You nodded and sat beside Luhan. “So what were you guys talking about?”
“He told me that he met Jiyoung again and believed her story of me and her dating instead of you and I,” Luhan said.
You looked at JR. “Why would you ask all that? You said that you knew that we were dating judging from what you see in class,” you said.
JR glanced at you then at Luhan, and smiled formed on his face. “Ah, I was just playing. I can’t do that after not being able to see my closest friend from Beijing?” he said, chuckling.
Luhan smiled. “I guess that’s fine...”

You suddenly stood up. “Luhannn~ Let’s go eat at ahjumma’s restaurant! I’m hungry~” you said, pouting and pulled his arm.
Luhan looked at you. “Why? Don’t you want to eat my mom’s food tonight?”
You tugged on his arm again. “But I’m hungrryyyyy!” you whined, continuing to pout.
Your boyfriend chuckled, standing up. “Okay, fine. But be quiet. This is a library.” He turned to look at JR with a friendly smile. “You want to join us?”
JR blinked, shocked by the sudden ask of joining you two. He shook his head. “No thanks. I have to go meet my friends anyway,” JR said, standing up. “It was nice meeting you again,” he said and walked away.

“Let’s go!” you said, dragging Luhan out of the library.
Luhan chuckled. “I see you’re wanting to get fat now.”
You looked at him. “I do not!”
He raised a brow. “Are you sure about that? You just ate some potato chips 10 minutes ago, along with a icy mocha. I can see it now, Jieun. You’re gaining some fat for your boyfriend here,” he teased, poking your stomach.
You shot a glare at him. “Am not! I’m just hungry! Now are you going to stand there all day, or are you going to be the good boyfriend and buy me something to eat?” Luhan chuckled.


Boring chapter. I promise, I’ll add JR to the upcoming chapters. I know Luhan’s cheesiness is getting boring. xD