The Rebellious Six

To Teacher, From Student, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn4R8Y-hRfY

Teen Top- To You

-----

* Ssem/Sam= slang term for teacher in Korea

----

 

In less than ten seconds, the balloon of confidence was popped by a loud noise.

In alarm, Sohee turned her head and saw a sight she had never witnessed at Hansung before. Sure, Woobin had been a bully, but he had never actually been as violent as this tyrant right here. The boy with rippling biceps was trying to shove a puny boy with greasy glasses into a locker.

“Get in there, you punk!” The bully’s crew hooted savagely and hi-fived each other with glee.

Sohee grew sick at the sight in front of her. How could kids be so cruel these days? That just showed how much discipline was necessary in this school. This type of zoo-like behavior couldn’t go on much longer. She wouldn’t allow it.

The bully successfully locked up his weaker opponent.

“Let me out of here!” The boy screamed as he desperately pounded on the metal. “PLEASE! I CAN’T SEE ANYTHING!”

“Aww, the little baby is scared. He wants his mommy~” The tormentors mocked and burst into pitiless laughter.

Suddenly, the locker was opened, and the boy came tumbling out.

“What the-“ The big bully spun around and looked down to see a new female teacher helping the poor victim up. “Are you all right?” Sohee gently asked. The boy nodded.

“Damn. Who are you, girl?” The bully asked in a deep voice.

Sohee turned around and eyed him with her charismatic stare. For a moment, the boys were stunned. They had never seen anyone with such a fiery glare like her. “It’s teacher to you. One more disrespectful comment like that and you will be in trouble, understood?”

“Trouble?” The boys looked at each other as if the word was foreign. Then they cracked up like a pack of wild hyenas. “D-did you hear that?! S-she said we would be in t-trouble!” They were laughing so hard that Sohee thought they were really insane. The only thing they weren’t doing was rolling on the floor.

The second warning bell rang.

“You should go to class.” Sohee told the skinny boy who nodded and fixed his glasses on his nose. “All of you.” She eyed the rest of the boys.

“Pfft.” They rolled their eyes at her but walked away.

Shaking her head, Sohee headed to her homeroom. She looked up at the label.

Classroom 3-5.

For a moment, she felt scared. Anxiousness twisted her intestines into nerve-wrecking coils. She was afraid she was going to puke but took deep breaths to calm herself. *You can do this, Sohee. They are your students now. Step up to the plate, and help them obtain a better future. That’s what you’re here for. Don’t back out now.*

Sohee grasped the handle and swung open the door.

As expected, it was a jungle in there. Goryo boys were doing anything BUT sitting in their seats waiting quietly for her. They were goofing off all over the place. Some boys thought it was funny to shove each other until they fell over the desks. Sohee sighed. *What on earth did I sign up for?* She pushed the last discouragement out the door and walked into the room.

“Ahem.” Sohee cleared .

The chattering came to an abrupt stop, and all eyes were pinned on her. “Whoa…” Some guys literally spoke out loud. Sohee was like a star amidst the darkness. She looked pure in her clean, fashionable outfit, and her face was free of strain, fatigue, and crabbiness.

“Who are you?” One boy asked.

“I’m your new homeroom teacher.” Sohee informed.

“New teacher?!” The students gaped at her. She lifted her chin and nodded, “Yes.”

Then the boys did one thing she had never thought they would do.

They cheered.

“HELL YES! WE HAVE A FOXY, YOUNG TEACHER INSTEAD OF THAT OLD, WRINKLY LEE TAEWOO!” Papers were thrown up in the air and beacme scattered all over the floor.

*Oh, dear.* Sohee tried to calm them down. “Okay, please sit in your seats. Please sit down. Please sit!” The boys wouldn’t listen. They continued to rant and wildly run around. Sohee knew manners would get her nowhere at this point. She grasped the stick and stared at it for a couple seconds. *I’ve never had to use this object for anything other than pointing.* But she had no choice.

Sohee gripped tightly onto one end of the stick and banged it down on the podium. The loud noise startled the boys, and they gaped at her. Sohee calmly placed her stick on the podium and eyed them firmly. “I asked you three times to sit down, and I even used the word ‘please’. When someone uses that word, you should at least be courteous and listen. I don’t like to raise my voice since that is not the way frustration and anger should be managed. So please don’t make me into a bad model, and listen to my directions. Now, please sit in your seats so we can begin today’s lesson.”

The boys glanced at each other, wondering if she was serious.

“You’re wasting time here.” Sohee reminded as she tapped her fingers on the podium.

Finally, the boys started to move. They glanced around uneasily and carefully sank onto their seats as if it was a bomb that would explode at any moment.

*This is much better.* Sohee folded her hands neatly together and gazed at her new class. “Before we start, I would like to introduce myself. I am Jung Sohee, your new homeroom teacher. I am a history major; and therefore, I will be in charge of your social studies. I wish that we’ll all get along this year, and I hope to teach you a lot about the different eras of Korean history. Any questions?”

Someone raised his arm. “Yes.” Sohee called on him.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” He asked, earning a few snickers from the classroom. “Currently, I do not.” She replied without flinching.

Another hand rose in the air. Sohee looked at him. “Why a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter