Idiot Friends

Love Is Not About Looks

 

Chanyeol was sitting on the bus with his friends, heading downtown. He looked at his friends who were discussing something and they were talking over each other. Chanyeol sighed and shook his head. He would usually join in, but his mind was full of what his mother had told him two days earlier.

Was he really in love? How could she know that? And what was so special with Minjung? Sure, she was pretty, but nothing like some of the girls he had dated before. She was a cute girl and her personality completed her.

“Ey, Chanyeol, come on, we’re here” Chanyeol’s thoughts were interrupted by Kris who smacked his back hard and Chanyeol stood up and they stepped of the bus, down in front of the shopping center of the town.

“What are we doing here?” Chanyeol groaned and Kris hit his shoulder.

“You are coming with us, because some of us need to buy new clothes-“

“And video games-“

“And check out the newest CD’s in the music store”

Chanyeol groaned as they walked inside. The group walked into a clothing store where Kris walked around, picking out a few t-shirts and a few jeans, trying them on and then paying for them. Next up was the videogame store and Jongin and Sehun started looking around for the newest games that they wanted.

They spent at least an hour in there before heading toward the music store and Jongin looked at the CD’s, looking for some new music to dance to. The others looked around the store when Kris asked Chanyeol something.

“So where were you on Saturday?” he asked and Chanyeol looked up. He had declined their offer to come with them to Sehun’s house to have a game day.

“I was on a date” he said as he looked at the different CD’s at the hip hop section.

“Ooh, who was it this time? Was it Jinae?” Sehun asked and Chanyeol glared at him.

“No it wasn’t. It was Minjung.” he said and Kris and Sehun looked at him.

“Who’s that?” Sehun asked and Chanyeol sighed.

“She is Minhee’s sister.”

“Why are you dating her?” Kris asked and Chanyeol looked up at the taller man.

“Because I want to.”

“What’s so special about this girl?”

“She’s cute and nice-“

“Oh, is she that blind girl that I’ve seen with Minhee sometimes?” Sehun asked and Chanyeol turned to look at Sehun.

“Ah, yeah-“

“Why are you dating a blind girl? That’s just plain stupid” Kris said and he and Sehun laughed. Tao came up and asked them what they were laughing about. Kris told him that Chanyeol’s dating a blind girl and Tao also started laughing a little.

“I mean, we aren’t popular for our personality. It’s our looks, even I know that” Sehun said and Chanyeol glared at them. He turned away from them and started walking down the aisles. He stopped when he spotted Minhee looking at him, just a few feet from where he had been standing with his friends.

Minhee didn’t look all too happy, okay she looked furious. Chanyeol gulped and what made his heart hurt even more was when he noticed Minjung standing next to her sister with tears in her eyes. Chanyeol stared at Minjung, wanting to walk up to her, tell her that she shouldn’t listen to his friends. But when he took a step forward Minhee glared at him and he stiffened.

He saw Minhee take her sisters arm and they walked out of the store. Chanyeol stood there staring at them as they exited and the he groaned and pulled at his hair.

“Wow, she did not look happy” he heard Kris mocking voice beside himself and Chanyeol turned his head and glared at the man. He grabbed Kris’ collar and shook him.

“You knew she was there! You’re such an idiot!” Chanyeol yelled in Kris face, before letting go and pushing him away from him, making Kris stumble backwards and getting help to keep his balance from Tao. Chanyeol turned around, heading out the shop, not caring about his friends yelling after him.

Chanyeol looked around the place, trying to find Minhee and Minjung, but without any luck. He sighed and sat down on a bench; he ran a hand through his hair and pulled out his phone. He dialed Minjung’s number. He held the phone to his ear, listening to the signals but it went to voice mail.

Hi, this is Minjung, I can’t answer right now, but you can leave a message after the beep. Bye”

Beep

“Hi Minjung, It’s me Chanyeol. I’m sorry of what you heard today, my friends are idiots. Please call me” he said and hung up.