Chapter 1

HaNa ( H I A T U S )

 

I sat up gradually and rubbed my eyes. The moment I opened my eyes, a clear blue sky with vast clouds and lively green grass greeted me. The grass was glowing, asking me to come to it. I felt predisposed to grab some, but a hand stopped me.

 

I looked at the hand that was grabbing my wrist. It seemed as if it could efface me any moment. I struggled from his grasp, but he held on tightly. I opened my mouth to scream, but he held his index finger up to his lips. "Shush girl. If you do not want to be killed, shut that mouth!" I nodded obediently and stayed quiet.

 

The man stood up and I got a clear view of him. He wore all black -- an omniscient feeling -- with a black mask and a sword, in its case, hanging on his belt. His hair was dark as the darkest time of the night. His eyes were as dark and deadly as poison.

 

I never knew such a man existed. What was going to become of me? His knees bent and he kneeled so he as the same height as me. We examined each other for a while, then he spoke.

 

"Do you remember anything? Your name perhaps?" His voice was soft, yet intimidating. In reply, I nodded my head. I proceeded to stand up, but he pushed me down. I gave him a look, but cowered instantly. Who is this man? I tried to recall my memory, but it seemed as if it was away!

 

"Are you hungry?" he asked me in a monotonous voice. I stared at the food that was lying in his palm. It was an ordinary, but delicious looking bread. My famished stomach growled loudly. Thus, my face turned tomato-red. The scary man rolled his eyes and threw the bread to my hands.

 

I thankfully grab the bread and began munching deliciously in it. Suddenly, I halted. I looked at the man in black that was sitting before me. I opened my mouth to speak a "thank you", but that was impossible. I

 

I continued to bite into my bread while the man stared at me. I blushed and avoided his gaze. Why is he so intimidating? 

--------

A/n: For each new updated chapter, I will include the symbol (♛) before the title, so you don't have to search for the updated chapter.