Ticklish

Ticklish

            Sehun was lying comfortably in his bed early in the morning. He wasn’t sure what he wanted to do that day, so he stayed in bed and thought about it. He closed his eyes, wondering where he might want to go. Then he felt something poking the back of his head. He opened his eyes and turned his head to see what it was.

            “Sehun-ah, are you asleep?”

            “Not anymore. Stop poking me.”

            “Your head is hard.”

            “It’s called a skull. Why are you awake so early?”

            Luhan thought for a moment.

            “I wanted to play with you!” he said, wrapping his arms around Sehun’s head and neck and burying his face in.

            “Ahh—Luhan, stop that,” Sehun said, smiling. “That tickles!”

            “Tickles? What does?”

            “Your hair tickles my neck,” Sehun said. He reached his hand up and put it on Luhan’s cheek.

            “You’re ticklish?” Luhan asked excitedly.

            “Don’t get any ideas,” Sehun said, covering his neck with his blanket. Luhan started giggling. Sehun saw that he was eyeing his neck. “Luhan, don’t—hey!”

            Luhan pulled the blanket off of Sehun and exposed the upper half of his body. He lied down in the bed close to Sehun.

            “Are you ticklish anywhere else?” he asked. Sehun tried pulling the blanket back to cover himself.

            “I’m not telling you,” he said as Luhan grabbed the blanket and pushed it away again. “You better not…”

            “If you won’t tell me, I’ll have to find where you’re most ticklish,” Luhan warned delightfully. He put his hands on Sehun’s shoulder.

            “Hey!” Sehun jerked his shoulder away and tried reaching for the blanket. Luhan pounced at him and wrestled with him, trying to get his fingers somewhere.

            “Are your armpits ticklish?” Sehun laughed loudly and scrunched up as he tried to push Luhan’s hands out from under his arms. But Luhan’s hands were buried well, wriggling like little tickling worms. After a couple long seconds of Sehun trying in futility to resist, Luhan slid his hands onto Sehun’s sides. “Are you ticklish here?” Luhan’s fingers dug into both sides of Sehun’s ribs. Sehun squirmed and turned, with his laughter becoming louder. He tried to speak.

            “Wa—wait—wait!—Luhan!—Hold on!” he shouted between gasps. Luhan’s fingers stopped wriggling but sat tight where they were.

            “Are you going to tell me?” Luhan asked, laughing almost as much as Sehun was. Sehun took a couple more breaths.

            “Wait, wait—let me breathe first—huff, huph—Luhan—”

            “You want me to look?” Luhan said quickly, getting ready to tickle some more.

            “No no—wait!” Sehun could barely say.

            Luhan continued wriggling his fingers on Sehun’s sides, and Sehun started squirming again. Then, while he was still tickling Sehun with his hands, he tried burying his head into Sehun’s neck again. Sehun laughed and writhed wildly, trying to escape Luhan’s grasp.

            After another minute of breathless laughter, Sehun calmed down slightly when Luhan stopped again.

            “Luhan, I’m—I’m sweating—” Sehun gasped.

            “But I haven’t even gotten to your feet yet,” Luhan said.

            “What—wait—”

            Luhan pulled up Sehun’s shirt and exposed his belly.

            “You’re so flat, Sehun-ah! And skinny.” Luhan gently rubbed Sehun’s tummy.

            “Hey!” Sehun grabbed Luhan’s hands and tried pushing them away.

            “What’s wrong? Are you ticklish here too?” Luhan asked as his hands slowly crept up to Sehun’s chest.

            “Get your hands out of there!” Sehun called out, grabbing Luhan’s hands.

            “Hehehehe,” Luhan giggled and began wriggling his fingers again.

            “Wait, Luhan! No—please—”

            “Remember I haven’t gotten to your feet yet!”

            “No—Luhan—don’t!—”

            Luhan’s fingers moved rapidly around Sehun’s chest and to his armpits. Sehun burst out laughing and kicking and squirming uncontrollably. He tried to moved and turn away from Luhan to get away. But Luhan jumped on top of Sehun and held his legs around Sehun’s waist as he tickled him. Sehun struggled to get Luhan’s hands out of his shirt.

            Another minute of intense tickling passed, and Sehun was almost on the brink of tears. Luhan stopped, tired of wrestling with Sehun’s jerking and twisting body, and took his hands out of Sehun’s shirt. Sehun was in a fatigued, sweaty ball trying hard to catch his breath. Luhan lied down on the bed beside him, still giggling in amusement. Luhan put his arms around Sehun, but this time it was a hug. Luhan’s face rested on Sehun’s cheek. Sehun, still gasping for breath, couldn’t speak.

            “I love you, Sehun-ah,” Luhan whispered into Sehun’s ear. Sehun struggled to get words out of his mouth. “You fight so much. How can you have so much energy when you’re so skinny?” Luhan tightened his hug and pressed his lips and nose into Sehun’s cheek and rubbed it.

            “Luhan,” Sehun said, calmed. He put a warm hand on the face resting on his. “You know I love you too, right?” Luhan smiled.

            “Yes, you tell me all the time,” he responded, lifting his face up a little bit.

            “I wonder if anyone else heard us.”

            “Us? You were the one laughing the loudest.” Sehun turned his face toward Luhan’s. They were only inches apart.

            “You were laughing and yelling too.”

            “Oh! That reminds me,” Luhan exclaimed.

            “What?” Sehun asked.

            “I didn’t get to your feet,” Luhan answered with a playful grin.

            “Don’t even think about it.”

            “And what if I do?”

            “Don’t make me kiss you!” Sehun said. Luhan was somewhat baffled.

            “Is that supposed to be a threat?” he asked. He looked into Sehun’s eyes and moved his face an inch closer.

            “Ummm…” Sehun murmured. “I’m not sure…”

            “Don’t make me kiss you.”

            “Wait!”

            Luhan puckered his lips and closed his eyes.

            “Wait, Luhan!”

            “What! You said you would kiss me!” Luhan opened his eyes and instead buried his face into Sehun’s neck.

            “Hey! Luhan, that tickles…”